PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area AO Day 2

Pages : [1] 2

MrMag
04-21-2003, 12:08 AM
ok then, we are gonna have another one seeing how the last went over so well. where do ya'll want it? when? i am thinking may 24th @ scp or wap

InfinatyBPS
04-21-2003, 12:16 AM
Mabe june instead for a Bi-monthly occasion instead of monthly, but thats just me. Other people might like the current date, but its all good.:D

MrMag
04-21-2003, 12:22 AM
well beginning of june to mid june isnt good cause of finals and studying for em, and gitaroo and i are going to alaska for a month in mid june

spacedtedybear
04-21-2003, 01:25 AM
Although I prefere to play on Sundays, so long as it isn't too early into May and too late into June, I can make Saturdays as well. I have finals from early to Mid-May. And I got heart surgery coming up in mid June. ( That'll keep me from playin for a while:( )

covadsucks
04-21-2003, 02:41 PM
I think I just found a nice AO NORCAL Day #3 event...

Game in PRISON coming again this summer!
For those who did not have the opportunity to play in the game put on by BlackCat Paintball Productions this January, "Tomorrow Never Dies", at the abandoned prison in Monterey, CA here is your second chance!
Yes, that's right...we are going back one more time!!! On August 30-31, 2003, Labor Day weekend, BlackCat Paintball Productions will be doing an encore presentation at the abandonded Fort Ord prison.

Alex can live out his prison fantasy afterall!!!! HAHAHAHA, gotcha bro!:D

I've always wanted to play a scenario, anyone else down for some of the action to be held there?

Blennidae
04-21-2003, 03:14 PM
I might be up for the scenario game. Might be good for those of us who can't afford to do the shatnerball thing.

MrMag
04-21-2003, 09:04 PM
i am definately doing the prison game..........and phil, wasnt it you who said you give and take it analy? and you wear thongs? :D

Curly
04-22-2003, 12:03 AM
"Alex can live out his prison fantasy afterall!!!! HAHAHAHA, gotcha bro!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Funny stuff there phil.

So anyways I cant do early may cause of SAT stuff but anytime after that most likely works for me. I will have to look more into the prison thing. Its definitely something that im considering.

InfinatyBPS
04-22-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by covadsucks

For those who did not have the opportunity to play in the game put on by BlackCat Paintball Productions this January, "Tomorrow Never Dies", at the abandoned prison in Monterey, CA here is your second chance!
Yes, that's right...we are going back one more time!!! On August 30-31, 2003, Labor Day weekend, BlackCat Paintball Productions will be doing an encore presentation at the abandonded Fort Ord prison.

I've always wanted to play a scenario, anyone else down for some of the action to be held there?

Sounds cool, I could prolly make it...

covadsucks
04-22-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by MrMag
i am definately doing the prison game..........and phil, wasnt it you who said you give and take it analy? and you wear thongs? :D

I said I'd make you prison girlfriend, cuz I'd rather have me a hoe, than be a hoe...get it right...and wearing thongs makes the ole rocks in a bag chafe!:p

MrMag
04-22-2003, 10:10 PM
goddam i cant wait until the next meet. i say we go to scp again on either May 24 or 25

Mighty Mike
04-22-2003, 11:09 PM
SCP was a lot of fun. Non stop action every game. My body is still sore and I stayed behind one bunker all day long. I need to go back soon and get some redemption!!

I'd be interested in AO NorCal #3. I've never played a scenario game before, but 24 hours of paintball seems pretty cool.

spacedtedybear
04-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Hmm.... Never played scenario games, what's it like?

flatacid
04-23-2003, 01:25 AM
something in june would work better for me. may is filled with alot of pball, finals, and motorcycle riding. :)

mxracer33x
04-23-2003, 04:40 PM
Ill definitly try to get to the Scenerio Game. I played in Shatnerball and the War Lords one in so cal, both were alot of fun. Scenerio games are a very "target rich" environment. I bet one inside a prison will be alot of fun.

As for Nor Cal AO day 2 somebody set a date and lets see what happens. Im itching to get my Xmag out on the field with the software upgraded.

Ill start trying to get all the local mag users up here primed for the events.

Blennidae
04-23-2003, 05:08 PM
Maybe take a vote on what date would be good for everyone. Just to get an idea. Just in these couple of posts it looks like May interferes with alot of peoples schedules.

On the scenario note, I stopped by the webpage for the prison field and it said they don't do HPA fills. Is that current info?

covadsucks
04-23-2003, 06:09 PM
Guess that means we may have to rent some extra scuba tankss or have everyone bring their own and trust they get them filled prior to the event.

Curly
04-23-2003, 07:13 PM
I dont know about the air situation but in terms of a meet next month i know that next weekend and the weekend of the 24th dont work for me.

MrMag
04-23-2003, 08:31 PM
ok then, lets push this over into early june

LittlePaintballBoy
04-23-2003, 09:59 PM
how bout the 17 of may? i really like modesto but wherever works.

InfinatyBPS
04-24-2003, 12:03 AM
Is there a website for the scenario in the prison ?

yagrmiestr
04-24-2003, 01:08 AM
The scenario sounds like fun...

Infinity here are the addresses..

Field Website (http://www.jailhousepaintball.com/)

Scenario Producer's Site (http://www.blackcat-productions.com/)

Kevmag
04-27-2003, 06:36 PM
I'll try to make it to the scenario game, although I doubt I'm staying the night.

InfinatyBPS
04-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Ya, I'll probably try to make it to the scenario, but first I need to get me a new pack and some lenses cause mine cracked:p So how does the 24 hour game work?

flatacid
04-27-2003, 09:13 PM
i like middle june. june 21st is a sat. thats looking alot better for me.

covadsucks
04-30-2003, 03:47 PM
Anyone want to pick a different/date/field? We're open to suggestions here.

Blennidae
04-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Since Phil and I picked the date last time, I think someone else should pick the new date. This will give Phil and I a chance to whine about the date, like people did with the one we picked...;)

Start throwing some dates out there or the scenario in August might end up being Bay Area AO day 2.

covadsucks
04-30-2003, 06:20 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself Rick...thanx

spacedtedybear
04-30-2003, 11:59 PM
How about May 25th? June 1st? June 8th? As for the field.... well I'm open to suggestions.

LittlePaintballBoy
05-01-2003, 10:03 AM
17-18 or 24-25 im open either of those dates, i think you should really try modesto. its a great field. ez ups provided and lunch is served for five bucks.

covadsucks
05-01-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by LittlePaintballBoy
17-18 or 24-25 im open either of those dates, i think you should really try modesto. its a great field. ez ups provided and lunch is served for five bucks.

an' Rich Telford is a hell of a nice guy. Modesto is a nice field but let's be honest, it's speedball only. Not everyone here is a speedballer.

MinimagRockin'
05-02-2003, 02:51 AM
I'm down for bay area #2 and probably for the scenario too, I vote for scp again ('cause it's like 10 mins from my house). BTW I'm going to be there this saturday if anyone else is going let me know.

LittlePaintballBoy
05-02-2003, 09:19 AM

an' Rich Telford is a hell of a nice guy. Modesto is a nice field but let's be honest, it's speedball only. Not everyone here is a speedballer.

i dont know how long its been there maybe you havent seen it? the rec field? its about as big as a football field, maybe bigger, and it has bunkers all over the place and each team has a fort if you like ctf.

mxracer33x
05-05-2003, 12:10 PM
id be in for a date in june, on a sunday, any field is ok with me. I can prolly get 5 other mag users t ocome along is we can get a date set soon.

flatacid
05-06-2003, 01:18 AM
i officially vote for something in mid-late june. either the 7th, or the 15th, or the 21st.

Curly
05-06-2003, 01:29 AM
Late june works for me. I am pretty busy up until then with school stuff.

yagrmiestr
05-06-2003, 01:35 AM
I'll be in LA the 21st & 22nd, but the rest of june works for me.

LittlePaintballBoy
05-06-2003, 09:57 AM
june will be fine i think. now we need to chose a field.

spacedtedybear
05-06-2003, 08:31 PM
Hey, lets not make it too late into June. I'm going under the knife in late June. Oh, I talked to some of the guys who ref at Bearcreek a week or so back, and they're opening up a field in Milpitas sometime late this month or next month. Well, hopefully anyways.

Mighty Mike
05-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Blennidae
Since Phil and I picked the date last time, I think someone else should pick the new date. This will give Phil and I a chance to whine about the date, like people did with the one we picked...;)
:) ..sounds fair.

What do you guys think about June 7th for Bay Area AO Day 2?? I wouldn't mind playing at the Santa Clara Fairgrounds again. Seems like it's close by to all of us, and since I played like crap there last time, I'm hoping I can show some improvement. What do you guys think??

yagrmiestr
05-07-2003, 08:06 PM
The 7th is fine for me.

covadsucks
05-08-2003, 11:19 AM
Sounds like a good date to me. Hopefully I will have my either my Mag built up, or my Ripper Timmy so I have a new toy to enjoy...this time folks, bring sunblock and I will bring my EZ-Up.

Blennidae
05-08-2003, 01:21 PM
I can do the 7th if that is the decision. Now what about a field?

Curly
05-08-2003, 05:26 PM
7th Sounds good to me. It will probably be the first time that i get to use my 2k2 timmy thats on the way.

Mighty Mike
05-09-2003, 12:08 AM
I'm not too familliar with the fields here in the bay area. I'm up for anything everyone decides on. I just want to go out and try to shoot some people this time. Hopefully with my new Freak set, I won't be shooting out two balls at a time or have balls rolling out of my barrel.:mad:

Curly
05-09-2003, 12:25 AM
SCP works for me. Its only about 45 minutes from Berkeley.

LittlePaintballBoy
05-09-2003, 09:55 AM
if my dad can drive ( which he probably can, he likes pb as much as me actually hes on here to) then that should be good.

LittlePaintballBoy
05-09-2003, 09:57 AM
whats the website for scp?

yagrmiestr
05-09-2003, 10:53 AM
www.fairgroundspaintballpark.com

covadsucks
05-09-2003, 11:00 AM
So have you guys made a decision yet? I just want to where to go to shoot lots of people with some more nasty green lookin' paint.

Curly, congrats on the 2K2, I finally got my Timmy and Halo to play nice...it's really a beautiful picture, 16bps+ at the drop of a hat.:p :D

LittlePaintballBoy
05-09-2003, 03:33 PM
ok thanks

LittlePaintballBoy
05-09-2003, 03:37 PM
it is byop, right? if not, im screwed:(

mxracer33x
05-09-2003, 04:44 PM
My team and I have a tourney on the 7th, but hopefully we can catch you at the next one. Have fun

Curly
05-09-2003, 05:20 PM
What tourney?

Yeah Phil I got a really good deal. Hopefully it will show up tommorow. My GZ and 88/4500 for 2k2 with halo and 68/45 dynaflow.

MrMag
05-11-2003, 07:02 PM
7th sounds good to me. probably the first time i will get to use my matrix....h00t. anyway, yah lets finalize things, and once again jerm that is one hell of a deal

cabldawg
05-11-2003, 08:36 PM
for y'alls info on the prison game. they brought out a HPA sytem for the game in Jan. it was 15.00 for the week-end. very closse quarters game, had alot fun.
there will also be another scenario, by MXS, sept 20th & 21st in fallen, Nv 30 miles east of reno

yagrmiestr
05-12-2003, 02:58 AM
Anyone ever been up to Diablo Venture Games (http://www.venturegamespaintball.com/)??
There is some sort of a scenario game up there on May 31st.

Blennidae
05-12-2003, 08:46 AM
I have played at Venture games before. It was a long time ago. Mike, the owner always seemed like pretty friendly guy. The field was more woods/rec and they had no speedball when I played last. The field does make for a workout. Not all flat land, but its not a killer either.

mxracer33x
05-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Curly, its a 5 man at Sykes paintball in marysville. Should be alot of fun, they run a good program, great refs.

www.sykespaintball.com (http://www.sykespaintball.com)

covadsucks
05-12-2003, 06:10 PM
Hey Curly, post some pics of the new beast!!! Hopefully I will have an all black "Z" Timmy by time we have the second AO Day...the Ripper wasn't to my liking so now I have to go a different route.

Lilpaintballboy -any color at SCP is welcome so long as it's not red. Bring a lot of paint, you'll need it.

Alex -glad to hear the Trixie is finally ready.

Curly
05-12-2003, 07:15 PM
It appears the guy may have been trying to rip me off. So I have had to resort to threats and all kinds of stuff. Basically he claims he hasnt gotten my gun and that he had shipped his gun but recalled it because he hasnt gotten my gun.

He has yet to cough up a receipt that shows that he sent his gun in the first place or explain why the gun that i sent him is reported as delieverd and signed in his name.

I have resorted to threats and may have to pull some strings with my fathers friends in the DA's office to get anything out of him.

Unfortunatly thats what you get from trusting good trader feedback and talking to someone for a long time. Hopefully its all just a misunderstanding and is resolved quickly.

-Jeremy

LittlePaintballBoy
05-12-2003, 08:44 PM
i hatepeople that do that. if you have a tracking number you can use it to prove your gun was delivered. was it a trade? and who was it?

edit: thanks for the info, i got to see if i can still go, im entering a tourney with my dad and my cousin.

[goes into living room] can have my allowance for the next two years? you know , in advance? kinda?:D

Curly
05-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Yeah there is a picture of the signature used to sign for my gz on the fedex website. Hopefully he will "find" my gun and make things right before I resort to less agressive tactics.

LittlePaintballBoy
05-12-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Curly
. Hopefully he will "find" my gun and make things right before I resort to less agressive tactics.

you mean more agressive tactics? lol. good luck on that.:D

Curly
05-12-2003, 10:33 PM
Yeah thats what i meant. I was a little distracted when i wrote that.

Blennidae
05-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Curly: Hope you get all this straightend out quickly. Maybe "politely" point out the website that has his signature on it.

On to other things, it looks like the 7th fits with everyone. Now what about the field? Are we going back to SCP or trying somewhere else. Either is fine with me.

P.S. LittlePaintballBoy, thats a BigSigImage, try and keep it down to once a page maybe?;) :D

LittlePaintballBoy
05-12-2003, 10:46 PM
ya no blenn, i was ust thinkin that same thing. (not really but it makes me sound smarter)

yagrmiestr
05-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Curly: Sorry to hear about your Timmy. Hopefully you get it back soon. Let me know if you need a marker to use.

SCP is fine with me. hey Phil, since you're so close to me could I hitch a ride? ;) (definately playing all day this time :D )

- Jeremy #2

Kevmag
05-12-2003, 11:56 PM
the 7th works for me. SCP is fine or if we decide to play woods ball, I wouldn't mind trying Diablo. Kevin

LittlePaintballBoy
05-13-2003, 09:27 AM
so, this scp, its mostly or all speedball. correct?

Curly
05-13-2003, 10:34 AM
Yes. SCP has Airball, Hyperball etc...

covadsucks
05-13-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by yagrmiestr
Curly: Sorry to hear about your Timmy. Hopefully you get it back soon. Let me know if you need a marker to use.

SCP is fine with me. hey Phil, since you're so close to me could I hitch a ride? ;) (definately playing all day this time :D )

- Jeremy #2

Yup.

* Puts on Shartley hat and voice*
Lilpaintballboy -when you post or reply to a post, before you finish and send the response, please go down to the options portion of the page and click that last option: Show Signature, we all need to be considerate to others and the dial-up users get hosed when trying to refresh the page due to all the big sig images.
*Takes off Shartley hat and voice*

Curly
05-13-2003, 10:46 AM
Damnit Phil... Get back to work! :)

covadsucks
05-13-2003, 01:21 PM
I am. HAHAHAHAHAHA! I was supposed to be in some new database training but I got stuck on a tech call where he screwed my EU's network to hell and back so I've been reading AO for the last hour while he's reconfiguring their settings. Bummer huh?!

flatacid
05-13-2003, 03:35 PM
the 7th sounds ok to me. i drove by scp one day, and wasn't to impressed. maybe you cant see much from the street, but it looked kinda small. also, aren't they packed every weekend? i heard, that its like 4 people behind each bunker?
note*ive never been there, and this is just what ive heard. someone please fill me in.

i play/work at venture. its completly a woods type rec ball feild. anyone and all are welcome. the impression that i get from speedball players is that they prefer speedball more than venture. it is a good workout cause of its terrain. we've just put up about 11 new bases in our new cqb area (close quater battle). its very intense. so many angles.
about the 31st scenario. its going to be huge. keep watching www.venturegamespaintball.com for updates. i will be there working. i will be the fat red head wearing a camo shirt, and a nasty looking jt hat. come say hi. :D

with all that said, im looking forward to finally meeting some ao'ers. where ever people chose, i will be out in force with my pump's. :D

hitech
05-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by flatacid
Anyone and all are welcome.

Even me? Last time I was there they wouldn't let me play (a VERY long time ago).

Mike still own the place? If so, check my profile and ask Mike if I can play. ;)

covadsucks
05-13-2003, 04:43 PM
Hitech got booted!?!? Sounds like Larry has some explaining to do the next time we all play together.:p

hitech
05-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Hitech got booted!?!? Sounds like Larry has some explaining to do the next time we all play together.:p

It really isn't all that sorted or interesting. It was over 10 years ago. It was just after I stopped playing in tournaments. We (my paintball "swim buddy" and myself) were told be couldn't play at Mare Island because they didn't want us shooting up their rookies. Funny, since we both played with pumps still and a large percentage of people had semis by then. Anyway, we drove out to Diablo next. Unfortunately for us they recognized us as we walked in (hadn't played there in a few years). Nope, no rookie shooting there either. We went to Paintball Jungle next. Bobby let us shoot up his rookies. ;)

Blennidae
05-13-2003, 05:17 PM
Back when Hitech started playing, each paintball was individually hand crafted by old world artisans. Each one filled with the tree sap dyed with wild mustard seed. You shot yellow, or didnt shoot at all...;) :D

hitech
05-13-2003, 05:34 PM
Back when Hitech started playing, each paintball was individually hand crafted by old world artisans. Each one filled with the tree sap dyed with wild mustard seed. You shot yellow, or didnt shoot at all...;) :D

As much as they use to cost you would have thought they were hand made! ;) Come to think of it, they only color I ever saw was yellow... ;)

LittlePaintballBoy
05-13-2003, 05:59 PM

* Puts on Shartley hat and voice*
Lilpaintballboy -when you post or reply to a post, before you finish and send the response, please go down to the options portion of the page and click that last option: Show Signature, we all need to be considerate to others and the dial-up users get hosed when trying to refresh the page due to all the big sig images.
*Takes off Shartley hat and voice*

heheheheheh.

MrMag
05-13-2003, 06:53 PM
curly- that sucks, kinda my situation in a way. i hope ya sort that out. my uncle is a congressman and i have HUGE connections, so let me know

everyone else- h00t i cant wait to shoot phil up again

Curly
05-13-2003, 07:21 PM
I doubt your uncle could help. I am pretty sure the situation is under control anyways but thanks for the offer.

Btw: You shoot people? I thought you only played paintball to look good.

flatacid
05-13-2003, 07:28 PM
hitech. as long as your done with tourneys, and you dont play venture likes its very serious, then all is well. :) mike still owns it. i'll ask him if any of the players from constant pursuit can play up there. :D

Curly
05-13-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by flatacid
hitech. as long as your done with tourneys, and you dont play venture likes its very serious, then all is well. :) mike still owns it. i'll ask him if any of the players from constant pursuit can play up there. :D

People who play tourneys cant play there?

flatacid
05-13-2003, 10:03 PM
ok. i think i worded it wrong. if mike finds out that your sponsored, then you cant. if you play local tourneys, thats fine. but mike doesn't really allow sponsored, because they get to carried away, and most of the people at venture are fairly new to it.

Curly
05-13-2003, 10:17 PM
Welp... Then we cant play at venture I guess...

I am sponsered by a store and play pan am.

flatacid
05-14-2003, 12:57 AM
Welp... Then we cant play at venture I guess...

I am sponsered by a store and play pan am. ok. how about this. as long as you dont take it to seriously, then its ok.:)

i know that mike has said in the past that "team" players cant play, cause they get too serious, and then it discourages the new players from playing again. hope im making sense?:confused:

anyway, i confuse more people then i help. if you went there with the understanding that it would be a laidback day, and didn't play too seriously, there won't be problems. he doesn't like to turn people away. the atmosphere there is amazing.

flatacid
05-14-2003, 01:00 AM
back on topic.

what feild did everyone chose? scp? wap? sunol? im up for whatever. i didn't particularly like operation when i was there.

actually, the only places ive ever played at are venture, fairgrounds, mare, and op. so a new feild would be fun.

Curly
05-14-2003, 01:08 AM
Hey... Its all good. I understand. I just thought you were taking it a little far by saying that all tourney players cant keep their cool. But i think we are probably better off playing at SCP for now seing as a lot of the guys are down in the south bay.

flatacid
05-14-2003, 01:13 AM
oops. didn't mean to sound like that. ive known some sponsored players. ive seen them play local before, and they know how to keep kool. :cool: sorry about the misunderstanding.

anyway, i'll be out there, and i'll try to bring a few friends.

covadsucks
05-14-2003, 08:39 AM
h00t i cant wait to shoot phil up again

Or even attempt to shoot at me cuz the way I remember it, you got lit up on the break everytime...LOL Maybe this time you should try to shoot some paint...instead of dropping it on the ground! :p ;)

Curly
05-14-2003, 08:53 AM

Or even attempt to shoot at me cuz the way I remember it, you got lit up on the break everytime...LOL Maybe this time you should try to shoot some paint...instead of dropping it on the ground! :p ;)

So true... So true... :p

MrMag
05-16-2003, 05:11 PM
you mean that one game on that crappy hyperball field? or the game that someone on our team shot me in the back of the head off the break?

covadsucks
05-16-2003, 05:19 PM
You got shot in the back of the head?!?! LMAO Why did you not say anything to us?!?!?! I could've shot the person for you...or laughed at you some more.:p

THA-WHACK!!!!!!

Blennidae
05-16-2003, 05:23 PM
So has everyone agreed on June 7th at SCP, or are we still discussing other fields?

flatacid
05-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Thats fine with me.:cool:

hitech
05-16-2003, 06:12 PM
I'm not going to be able to make ut regardless. My wife is having surgery on the 5th. :(

LittlePaintballBoy
05-16-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by hitech
I'm not going to be able to make ut regardless. My wife is having surgery on the 5th. :(

good luck.

Mighty Mike
05-16-2003, 07:20 PM
Hitech - I wish you could make it. I hope everything goes well with your wife's surgery.

MrMag - I shouldn't be laughing, but that comment about getting shot in the back of the head was pretty funny!! I say we go find out who the mole is.

I'm in for June 7th at SCP!! Should we start a new thread with the names of the people going?? I'd do it, but knowing me it wouldn't get updated.

hitech
05-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys.

spacedtedybear
05-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Hey, I know what you're going through hitech. Hope your wife makes it out ok. I'm going to be part of the "zipper club" myself on the 19th (of June).

sps16
05-20-2003, 05:12 PM

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttt!!!!!! I'm there!

MinimagRockin'
05-20-2003, 06:16 PM
I don't know if you guys have a head count going or not yet but as of now you can count me in for june 7 at scp

Army
05-22-2003, 01:59 AM
If my calender is clear, count me in for the 7th at SCP too!

Blennidae
05-22-2003, 03:05 AM
OK it appears that June 7th at SCP is about as official a date for Bay Area AO day #2 is going to get.

Does someone want to make a separate headcount thread like I did last time?

It also might be a good idea for someone to PM all the bay area AO members you can think of just to give them a heads up. Not everyone checks the meet and greet forum.

LittlePaintballBoy
05-22-2003, 09:24 AM
so all the rec players there play one big game every time, right? thats how it is at my field. is it different at scp? im eager to play but i have a tourney on the 31 and ill have to bounce back cash wise.

covadsucks
05-22-2003, 09:25 AM
Don't forget to bring some sunblock as it should be warm and extremely sunny. Lunch may possibly be provided by my wife again, unless you shoot me, then you are on your own!:mad: :D

LittlePaintballBoy
05-22-2003, 09:26 AM
holy jeez! i posted and clicked on user cp and covad had already posted!

LittlePaintballBoy
05-22-2003, 09:30 AM
july 7 is a monday! did you guys know that? i hope its a holiday.

spacedtedybear
05-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Its in June 7th dear, not July 7th. :D

LittlePaintballBoy
05-22-2003, 12:26 PM
oh silly me. still cool, never ose my cool. im chillin. bein cool. still cool.:cool: :rolleyes:

covadsucks
05-22-2003, 03:21 PM
It's all good LPB...I just wanted to try out being a hard nosed pain in the tuckus, rather enjoyable too I might add.

muirtach
05-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Can anybody tell me how far of a drive this is from Reno? I'd really like to make it.

Blennidae
05-22-2003, 04:32 PM
muirtach: Here is the link for SCP, www.fairgroundspaintballpark.com. Just do a mapquest to see how far it is from you. I think you are going to find its going to be quite a haul for you. Phil is entertaining, but I don't know if he is THAT entertaining...:D

muirtach
05-22-2003, 04:37 PM
I'll see if I have any friends interested in coming down. Don't think I could make the drive back on my own.;)

covadsucks
05-22-2003, 05:06 PM
muirtach: Here is the link for SCP, www.fairgroundspaintballpark.com. Just do a mapquest to see how far it is from you. I think you are going to find its going to be quite a haul for you. Phil is entertaining, but I don't know if he is THAT entertaining...:D

I get no love.

Curly
05-22-2003, 05:14 PM

I get no love.

Dont worry Phil. I found you quite entertaining.

covadsucks
05-23-2003, 08:52 AM
Thanks Jeremy. I am being moved at work today, I finally get a window view -of traffic and the other buildings across the street.:p

LittlePaintballBoy
05-23-2003, 09:30 AM
Thanks Jeremy. I am being moved at work today, I finally get a window view -of traffic and the other buildings across the street.:p

what? you shuld at LEAST get to see all those funny billboards.:D

covadsucks
05-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Good thing is, there is a strip joint within four minutes from my cave here at work, so come 3:31p I'm off to see some dirty nekked freaks!

Looks like it'll be a good weekend afterall!!!!

Mighty Mike
05-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Well, it looks like Covad is scouting for our next AO meeting location..:p Good job!!

Remember: 3 lapdances = 1 case of Marballizers.

covadsucks
05-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Mighty Mike
Well, it looks like Covad is scouting for our next AO meeting location..:p Good job!!

Remember: 3 lapdances = 1 case of Marballizers.

How'd you know the prices Mike!??!?! Was that your FOMOCO Exploder in the parking lot?:p The name Mighty Mike is from your "OTHER" hobby isn't it...;) :D

back to paintball, for those in the bay area wanting to play some paintball tonight, SCP is open on Fridays from 3p to approx 7p...

Mighty Mike
05-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Phil, it's too bad I don't live closer to you, i'd defintely join you out there! Never been to a stip club in the afternoon before..:p

MrMag
05-23-2003, 08:56 PM
well i have sat's on the 7th so i wont be out

yagrmiestr
05-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Just found out I can't go. :(
My cousin is graduating HS on the 7th and I promised him I would go to it. I'm game for the scenario in August.

- Jeremy

LittlePaintballBoy
05-26-2003, 10:59 AM
i might not be able to go cuz im going the weekend before and i would just wait to go with you guys but im going with my cousin. the only reason we wouldnt be able to go would be its 2 weekends in a row not working in the backyard, but if i help my dad we should be able to come.know of any good cheap places to stay overnight if we come?

Curly
05-26-2003, 06:03 PM
Damn... They're dropping like flies.

InfinatyBPS
05-26-2003, 11:17 PM
I'm also not going, scince its the last few weeks of school, I'm gonna be spending my money on other things
:D

LittlePaintballBoy
05-27-2003, 09:34 AM
dont worry curly, we shouldnt have planned it around the time everyone is graduating. i might be coming with aegis still, but we have to get a lot of work done in the backyard. we just finished the pond, so i think he just has to lay some concrete here and there. and build a deck.

covadsucks
05-27-2003, 10:26 AM
I may not be able to attend either as I may be off getting my toenails painted or something like that.

LittlePaintballBoy
05-27-2003, 05:55 PM
I may not be able to attend either as I may be off getting my toenails painted or something like that.

lol:D

Curly
05-27-2003, 05:55 PM

Pansey

MrMag
05-27-2003, 10:41 PM
you would do that phil :D

Gitaroo Man
05-27-2003, 11:35 PM
Yes!! I can go!!

Now i can appear as MrMags crazy friend!!! muahaha.

Anyway....would anyone be kinda enough to loan me a marker for the day?

Mighty Mike
05-28-2003, 12:08 AM
Do any of you guys need some paintballs for June 7th?? I've got 2 unopened boxes of 32 Degrees Team Colors paint i'd like to sell for $35 each. There's 2000 painballs per case and the paint prefers small/med bore barrels. The raccoons and possums that eat my cat's food in the backyard will be happy to see the paint go...:D

Gitaroo Man
05-28-2003, 12:13 AM
i call one! maybe...

covadsucks
05-28-2003, 09:15 AM

Pansey

Spell it right you big sissy pants!:D It's spelled "M-R-. M-A-G"!!!:D I may not be able to play as I am picking up some seven hundred dollars worth of skateboard decks on the 1st of June and reselling them the same day -bad thing is I am not too sure if homey will have my cash for them on the 1st or the 2nd of June. If I can still get out there, obviously I will...otherwise I may have to check it out via the web.

LittlePaintballBoy
05-28-2003, 09:28 AM
if we go you can use our A5. its got a sp progressive barrel on it tho so dont worry about acurracy

Blennidae
05-28-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm sensing that the 7th wasn't such a good date after all. I also may not be able to make it.

Possibly reschedule?

Mighty Mike
05-28-2003, 11:51 AM
Wow...what just happend here?? Seven people dropped out within 5 days.:eek:

Rescheduling AO2 might be a good idea. If everyone feels the same way then I'll delete the head count post. I may head out there anyways to test out my new hyperframe board.

LittlePaintballBoy
05-28-2003, 12:19 PM
ya im thinkin we should reschedule.

covadsucks
05-28-2003, 02:56 PM
I just realized that I am actually scheduled to go save the world from some evil beer and dead cow being burnt by charcoal...shucks. I'd love to come on out and shoot you guys up some more, but duty calls and the schedule of a Superhero is never easy. LOL

Blennidae
05-28-2003, 03:39 PM
SuperPhil, trigger finger like the Flash, subdues lesser players with smack talk alone, and all that while having the prettiest toenails on the field...

covadsucks
05-28-2003, 03:48 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!:D :D

I got my tuckus beaten all up and down the fields on Sunday. I couldn't get my gun over 15bps!! I was gettin' rolled up on pretty damn quick. I don't what it was, I wasn't playing well at all. I think someone slipped me some Kryptonite...damned Supervillains.;)

MrMag
05-28-2003, 05:59 PM
lmao phil.....we could make it the 14th or 15th...........git and i leave for alaska the weekend after that so meh

spacedtedybear
05-28-2003, 06:52 PM
All I have to say is that if you guys do reschedual, any sunday is good for me. Up till the 15th that is.

MrMag
05-28-2003, 06:59 PM
yah i say 15th seeing how git cant come on the 14th because its his bday. 15th 15th 15th 15th 15th

Curly
05-28-2003, 07:18 PM
Well I think the 15th works for me.

covadsucks
05-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Any Sunday is bad for Blennidae as he's workin'...

A peice of advice for Sundays at SCP. Everyone and their "baldhead toothless gramma" play on Sunday, so it'll be 100 vs. 100 by the end of the afternoon. Just a word to the wise, wiping will be in full effect by the wannabe's out in San Jo, so get some thick fill paint and bring a lot of it.

mxracer33x
05-29-2003, 03:09 PM
I may be able to make it on the 15th. I may also be able to bring a few others along.

yagrmiestr
05-29-2003, 03:50 PM
Hey Phil is SCP open that friday night?

Friday the 13th?? ;)

covadsucks
05-29-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by yagrmiestr
Hey Phil is SCP open that friday night?

Friday the 13th?? ;)

Does Smokey the Bear shhhhh... (-er almost forgot which forum I'm on) make lil bear poopies in the woods?? :D :D

SCP should be open every Friday during the Summer.

MrMag
05-29-2003, 07:49 PM
sweet, im down to go then, cept git cant go then. meh decide a date that weekend and i can make it

spacedtedybear
05-29-2003, 07:50 PM
A peice of advice for Sundays at SCP. Everyone and their "baldhead toothless gramma" play on Sunday, so it'll be 100 vs. 100 by the end of the afternoon. Just a word to the wise, wiping will be in full effect by the wannabe's out in San Jo, so get some thick fill paint and bring a lot of it.

If I do see people wiping, I'm gonna start aiming for the head and I give my finger a workout. I mean it in both ways. :D

sps16
05-29-2003, 10:28 PM
two wrongs don't make a right, unless......no no they don't

ZAust
05-29-2003, 11:37 PM
damn it!!! i cant make it on the 15th. stupid acts!!! how bout the 14th?:D

sps16
05-29-2003, 11:40 PM
wow look at mr. come on chris you can go on the 15th can't go now

covadsucks
05-31-2003, 05:18 PM
So then what day was actually selected as the new date? Someone needs to step up and claim a date and then get the word out to rest of the Nor Cal Contingent.

MrMag
05-31-2003, 05:37 PM
JUNE 14th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! git cant go either way. if more people can go on the 15th however than we'll go then

Gitaroo Man
05-31-2003, 08:41 PM
i can go if it's on the 15th but i still would need to borrow a setup

mrkbik
06-01-2003, 12:41 AM
Hey everyone, I haven't checked the meet and greet in a while. Hehe, I went to the scenario at Venture games today, it was pretty sweet- the Soviets beat the Americans. I was on the Soviets of course.:D Anyway, I am just hearing about this AO day coming up and I am available to go on the 7th, 14th, 15th, whatever you guys decide.

EDIT: scratch that, I have ACT's on the 14th... So I say we go on the 7th or the 15th!:D

Curly
06-01-2003, 01:10 AM
Im not here for either of those days... But its all good, have fun without me.

Gitaroo Man
06-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Does anyone have a setup I can borrow for the 15th..../rent...thanks!

Blennidae
06-01-2003, 03:12 PM
I know everyone is amped up and ready to go, but it seems like the 14-15th isn't much better in regards to headcount.

The idea is to pick a date where the MOST AO'ers can make it. Its not really an AO day if its just you and your 2 buddies you play with all the time anyway.

MrMag
06-01-2003, 03:26 PM
meh i am going on the 15th either way

covadsucks
06-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Alex,
The 14-15th is Father's Day Weekend. While this is good for you, I have to spend some time with all of my many illegitimate chilluns:D...the life of "Cap'n Save-a-hoe" is never dull. Perhaps you might be better off choosing a different weekend, say the 21st and 22nd?

Just a suggestion holmes.

Gitaroo Man
06-02-2003, 05:46 PM
How bout as a father's day present you take your kids pballin ;) :D

ZAust
06-02-2003, 08:19 PM
how about the next weekend? that sunday would be better for me. by the way, is anyone heading to scp this friday night? me and sps are thinking about heading on down there.

sps16
06-03-2003, 12:56 AM
i didn't feel like studying for finals

Steelrat
06-03-2003, 01:17 AM
Hi all.

New player here. I used to play back in the day, with my trusty VM-68, been out of the game for a while. Now I'm back, and I'm just waiting for my Emag to get back in the game. Hopefully I'll have it by this weekend, so I can play. I think I'll go to venture first for a few reasons:

-Wood play is more forgiving on new players
-Venture is kind to new players( or so ive heard)
-Venture is 15 minutes away from me, max
-Speedball? Man, you can't use the words "VM-68"
and "speedball" in the same sentence. I gotta get
up to speed with the game first, no pun intended

Since im going alone, I hope to meet a few people here before hand so I don't feel like a total outsider.

On a side note, where is the best store to go to locally for mag service and parts? Thanks.

Ryan

MrMag
06-03-2003, 01:21 AM
im going on the 15th, git and i go to alaska that next weekend

Kevmag
06-03-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Steeratt

On a side note, where is the best store to go to locally for mag service and parts? Thanks.

Welcome to AO. I&I has a small selection of Mag stuff including some new stuff (Intelliframe, L10), but I don't think they have a store near you. I'm not sure if other Bay Area stores carry any mag items.

I'd say your best bet for support is reading info in the manual and on the web and asking lots of questions here on AO. The response times are typically fast.

ZAust
06-03-2003, 11:15 AM
you could always go to delta in concord and get laughed at for having a mag. :rolleyes:

sps16
06-03-2003, 12:06 PM
scp this friday!!!

Steelrat
06-03-2003, 01:17 PM
Delta is like that? Thats a shame. I haven't been in there yet (it always seems closed) but it looks nice, and from what I gather they assisted in the roll-out of Bob Long's stuff. What do they have against mags? They arent as nice looking as the timmys, but the simplicity of the mag design is a marvel unto itself.

I'll just learn to service the thing myself. The online manuals seem sparse, at best, so I'll just have to read old posts I guess.

covadsucks
06-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Delta will not laugh at you for shooting a mag. I don't know where Zaust got that from, but Johnny and Zack are cool about whatever you shoot.

hitech
06-03-2003, 03:31 PM
Hey guys, remember the problems I was having with the Hyperframe at AO Day 1? Well, they are all fixed. I have two videos of it firing fullauto set at 20bps in talk. Take a look. :D

sps16
06-03-2003, 04:28 PM
i don't know about them laughing at you about a mag, but i went in there a long time ago when i had a spyder and they wouldn't even look at it, they were just like, dude your f**ked. Also if your not in the nitch (spend money there) they don't give a flying leap about you, as a customer. My two cents

mrkbik
06-03-2003, 04:46 PM
That's true, they don't really help you out much unless you have a Timmy (Bob Long's son workes there) or know them or something.

sps16
06-03-2003, 05:51 PM
How bout we not do this on fathers day? Maybe the next weekend, 21st or 22nd?

Kevmag
06-04-2003, 10:03 AM
I'm in for the 21 or 22. Is this date set?

Anyone playing at SCP this weekend? I'll be there Sat PM.

Blennidae
06-04-2003, 01:48 PM
Guys, I think everyone needs to step back and think of a date a bit farther out than "next weekend". Give people a chance to check their schedules to see if they are free, or make plans to attend.

Its one thing to meet up with a few other AO'ers for a casual game someplace, but if you want to call it an "official" AO day, I think you need as many members as possible.

I'm get the feeling everyone is pretty busy on the various weekends in June. Maybe shoot for a day in July?

Curly
06-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Im thinking the same thing rick. I think we should try and aim for sometime in mid July.

Steelrat
06-04-2003, 07:02 PM
Im down with that, as long as newbies are invited too ;)

Blennidae
06-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Everyones invited, if we can just decide on when.;):rolleyes:

Gitaroo Man
06-04-2003, 08:36 PM
past july 20....

MrMag
06-04-2003, 08:58 PM
err how about sometime in august?

git and i will be having an AO gathering on the 15th which IS fathers day. i understand if many of you cannot make it due to that; but if yah can make it, kewl.

covadsucks
06-05-2003, 01:01 PM
I finally came back to the mag fold. Bought a classic to beat up on last night. I have my ULE Body, so now it's all black save the valve, next week I'll put the Intelliframe and possibly an X-Valve, but for now it's fun change of pace from my Timmy.

Curly
06-05-2003, 02:28 PM
I finally came back to the mag fold. Bought a classic to beat up on last night. I have my ULE Body, so now it's all black save the valve, next week I'll put the Intelliframe and possibly an X-Valve, but for now it's fun change of pace from my Timmy.

Damnit Phil why did you have to go to the darkside?

Oops forgot what board we were on... heh heh... *looks around* Please dont beat me up guys.

;)

LittMag
06-05-2003, 03:14 PM
Hey guys, back from the east coast, just graduated and unemployed, and so I'm up for blowin some money =P Anyways, what's goin on with the AO day? I hear 2 people want to do something fathers day, but I'm hopin for something else.

Anyone have an update as to what is goin on?

-Litt

covadsucks
06-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Don't sweat it Jeremy, I still have my black/grey beast.

-Just wanted a nice recball gun.;)

ZAust
06-05-2003, 03:43 PM
im up for an official ao day sometime in july, maybe the weekend of the 19th or the 26th.

spacedtedybear
06-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Oops forgot what board we were on... heh heh... *looks around* Please dont beat me up guys.

http://vertigo1-2.freeyellow.com/Overkill.gif

Curly
06-05-2003, 04:13 PM
:D

Gitaroo Man
06-06-2003, 01:25 AM
yeah anyone is invited to come on June 15th which IS fathersday but me and mrmag will be there

Curly
06-06-2003, 01:27 AM
What guns you guys gonna shoot? lol

Steelrat
06-06-2003, 02:38 AM
Hey, whoever said Delta Paintball wasn't a good place to go was right.

My shopping experience began with me entering the store, then waiting for the clerk, who was chatting with his friend. Finally he said "Do you need something?" (thats an exact quote) I replied that I needed a motorized hopper> He walked over to a case and told me they had the evolution and revolution. I asked him what the difference was (though I already knew) and he just shrugged. I then asked if I should get the faster one to feed my emag. He replied that the emag wasn't fast, so it didn't need it. I then asked him for what I found out later is called a "macro kit." He took something off the wall and tossed it on the counter in front on me. Thats it, didn't explain it, thought it was obvious I really didn't know what it was.

The sad thing is, I bought the stuff. I shouldn't have.

Later I remembered other things I needed, so I drove all the way out to Stockton to go to Someplace Special. They were very helpful and attentive, helping me select a drop, install it, modify the macro to work with it, and explaining the whole setup to me. They also charged my tank for free (Delta didn't do air, and couldn't tell me where to go). I'll drive back there all the time to get service like I got. I wished I had told the guy at Delta to cram it and bought all my stuff at Someplace Special.

In short, they were jerks, I'm NEVER going back there again. I don't like snobby employees, not ones who seem more interested in talking to their friends than helping me.

On another note, getting my Emag inspired me to clean up my VM-68. That might be fun to use at NorCal AO.

Gitaroo Man
06-06-2003, 02:41 AM
well for one there is such thing as rental and i'm shooting my friends imp and i don't know bout mrmag

sps16
06-06-2003, 02:47 AM
yea Steeratt,
I was just in there the other day and i walked in with my e-mag and my friend brought my other friends ule x/valve mag inside and they gave us the look of death. We just kept asking the fat guy questions to piss him off. I hate that store with a passion, but i'll always go back there. I swear i've pissed hella money away at that store and they still wouldn't give me the time of day.

sps16
06-06-2003, 02:49 AM
Oh yea, lets get a count for july 12th (Saturday) for SCP

People who are in
-----------------
Sps16

Curly
06-06-2003, 03:15 AM
That big guy would be Johnny. He can definitely be a dick sometimes. But I have also seen him being pretty cool. He gave my friend o-rings off his personal gun when the store didnt have any. But of course we all shot timmys at the time. ;)

covadsucks
06-06-2003, 09:01 AM
Wow. Big Johnny's always been one hell of a nice guy to me. He's always been way nice, even going so far as getting me some Proball Platinum and dropping it off at the field for us (the next day -Sunday), when he wasn't even playing that day. I am sorry you had that bad an experience there. I bought Dave (Bergie of the NE Hurricanes) Bergault's old Emag from Delta. Not once did Johnny ever say it was a slow marker, especially when I showed him what Hybrid mode did.

You want me to kick his butt for you?:p

LittMag
06-06-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by sps16
Oh yea, lets get a count for july 5th (Saturday) for SCP

People who are in
-----------------
Sps16

make it a week later or a week before and I can do it

Curly
06-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Yeah... Im gonna be up all night on the fourth. Im not gonna feel like playing afterwards.

sps16
06-06-2003, 12:52 PM
oh yea, good point

Mighty Mike
06-06-2003, 02:51 PM
We need some serious organization around here if Bay Area AO #2 is ever going to happen. The only two people i can think of right now that has the experience to do this are the two people who successfully organized Bay Area AO Day #1. Therefore, I motion that Blennidae and covadsucks organize AO Day #2.

Hopefully afterwards they can pass the torch to someone else.

MrMag
06-06-2003, 06:06 PM
i am shooting my trix is the goddam asa ever comes in

Kevmag
06-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Let's set the date for July 12, 19, or 26. The dates are Saturdays as SCP is typically swamped on Sundays. Remember, there is a scenario game in August, and several AOers mention they'd like to attend. If we're going to have an AO Day 2 that's not at this scenario game, let's shoot for July.

ZAust
06-07-2003, 01:41 AM
um chris the warped tour is july 12th.

sps16
06-07-2003, 01:44 AM
dammit!

Mighty Mike
06-07-2003, 01:23 PM
I finally came back to the mag fold. next week I'll put the Intelliframe and possibly an X-Valve,

Covad, you can't use an X-Valve. It won't recharge fast enough for you....:p

nastymag
06-08-2003, 03:13 AM
yo ..Gitaroo ... take good care of my imp aight.

if one piece is broken ...well i cant even say what i'll do

MrMag
06-08-2003, 04:04 AM
is anyone besides git and i going on the 15th?

covadsucks
06-09-2003, 09:26 AM
Mornin' Folks.

Curly
06-09-2003, 09:33 AM
Mornin' Phil. I just bought a new gun last night. Hopfully it shows up this week... http://www.4freeflow.com/images/items/dust%20matrix.jpg

LittlePaintballBoy
06-09-2003, 09:39 AM
im trying to get a trix, do you like them or is that your first?

Curly
06-09-2003, 10:00 AM
I like them.. But its also my first. With the new propb bolt it should get around 2000 shots off a 68/45.

covadsucks
06-09-2003, 11:03 AM
That is sick. I am seriously considering getting another Trix (an LCD this time)and getting rid of my Timmy.

Mighty Mike
06-10-2003, 10:15 PM
So why are you guys getting rid of your timmys:confused:

Something wrong with my future gun??

Blennidae
06-10-2003, 10:33 PM
coughgunwhorecough:D

covadsucks
06-11-2003, 09:15 AM
I am just kind of dissapointed with the cookie cutter Timmy. It's a nice marker, fast and light but it's got it's flaws. None that will make the average user notice, but considering I've owned truly handbuilt one off's, this Timmy isn't the nicest I've had. It's actually sort of sloppily thrown together, perhaps I'll keep it and just buy another gun outright...my brother will need a marker soon enough.

MrMag
06-11-2003, 09:24 AM
jerm, i like the choice.................but some guy on pbn claims to have bought it

covadsucks
06-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Hey Jeremy
-What all is coming with this monstrosity?

MrMag
06-11-2003, 04:43 PM
oh and if you did in fact get it, may i lick it? just once

sps16
06-11-2003, 05:13 PM
those trauma trixs are very nice

covadsucks
06-11-2003, 05:22 PM
oh and if you did in fact get it, may i lick it? just once

What flavor did you get? Fruit Punch? Does it come with a free Hawaiian Shirt?

Mighty Mike
06-12-2003, 02:52 AM
Anyone going to SCP this Saturday the 14th?? I can't play on Sunday because of Father's Day, but i'll definitely be out there Saturday. My goal is to sprint out to the 50 at least once.:)

covadsucks
06-12-2003, 09:10 AM
I wish I would be able to be there to sweet spot the lane for you, but alas I am out of town for father's day...good luck Mike, kick some butt and shoot a ton of paint!

Curly
06-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Bleh... I come back from a school trip to hear that I didnt order in time and that Im not getting that gun. This sucks... lol. Im about to call up ProPaintball and see if they know when anyothers are going to be ready.

Curly
06-12-2003, 05:50 PM
Welp I just called up ProPb and I have a Red/Black Acid Wash Trauma Matrix being shipped to me tommorow. :D

Carbon
06-13-2003, 12:49 AM
Sup Folks! Just curous to know when the next bay are AO day is comin? Later this month or early next month whats the deal, im kinda wanna do a meet and greet with yall "local" player. Im located in Monterey,CA. So whats the deal?

LittMag
06-13-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Carbon
Sup Folks! Just curous to know when the next bay are AO day is comin? Later this month or early next month whats the deal, im kinda wanna do a meet and greet with yall "local" player. Im located in Monterey,CA. So whats the deal?

I've been hearing Middle of July at SCP. I'd be good with that.

Mighty Mike
06-13-2003, 11:28 AM
I wish I would be able to be there to sweet spot the lane for you, but alas I am out of town for father's day...good luck Mike, kick some butt and shoot a ton of paint!
Thanks Phil. I installed a lighter Maddman sear spring in my black magic, so hopefully i'll be able to shoot a little more paint than usual.

Carbon - AO2 will prboably be scheduled in mid or late July. Keep checking this thread for further updates. Welcome aboard!!

covadsucks
06-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Mighty Mike

Thanks Phil. I installed a lighter Maddman sear spring in my black magic, so hopefully i'll be able to shoot a little more paint than usual.

What you really need is a chrome eblade for the Magic...how's the retro mini, have you broken the valve in yet?

Blennidae
06-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Kevmag suggested "Let's set the date for July 12, 19, or 26."

How do any of those dates work for everyone. They are all Saturdays, so I can make any of them. Lets see if we can narrow it down to a day that works for everyone.

covadsucks
06-13-2003, 04:52 PM
I can do any day but the 12th of July.

Mighty Mike
06-13-2003, 06:59 PM

What you really need is a chrome eblade for the Magic...how's the retro mini, have you broken the valve in yet?

I just ordered a chrome Eclipse Blade yesterday. Eclipse is no longer making these mechanical triggers anymore, so I had a hard time finding a store which still carried them. Fortunately, Blennidae found a store that still had some in stock and also $20 cheaper than I had planned to spend. Eventually I want a Lasoya for my electro. I have to put more money into my truck first....damn Fords. :mad:

The retro mini seems to be working fine. I oiled the sh** out of it after AO1, like you and Rick recommended, and i've had no problems with it. Trigger is still a little stiff, i just need to use it more.

In regards to AO2, how's the 19th?? As of now, I think I can make any of those dates.

Carbon
06-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Howabout the 26th of july, that should put us square about a week after pay day?!:) And a week from the next one! I vote the 26th. It should be a good way to cap of the month! Anyway whos gonna start the poll. Oh yeah what venue as well? SCP, WAP?

ZAust
06-14-2003, 11:04 AM
new thread with poll on best day to have bay area ao day 2:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=854150#post854150

Blennidae
06-15-2003, 09:14 AM
For those who have voted in the poll Zaust posted, can you post either here or there to say you have voted.

The poll is a good idea but since its open to anyone, its quite possible that the numbers will be skewed by random people voting who have no intention of playing.

When I looked there were 9 votes, and only 2 posters in the thread. I'm guessing those 2 posters count as 2 of the votes. Who are the others?

I have not voted as I don't really have a preference. I can make any Sat. and possibly any Sun. with enough notice.

edit: 9 pages without a set date...:eek: :confused:

covadsucks
06-16-2003, 12:53 PM
From Zaust's poll, the most popular date so far is the 20th of July. I say we select said date and stick with it. Location was to be SCP again per earlier posts.

All those in favor say "Aye"...silence means I win so I'll expect to see some replies to this.

Blennidae
06-16-2003, 01:04 PM
Just to be sure the count is legit, will the people who picked the 20th say who they are.

mrkbik
06-16-2003, 02:04 PM
I voted for the 20th.

mrkbik
06-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Also, are we planning to reserve the field if we go friday or just go and play from 3-7pm?

covadsucks
06-16-2003, 02:46 PM
July 20th is a Sunday, good luck reserving a field...it's open play no matter what.

mrkbik
06-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Oh crap. I thought this was for june. Hehe. Sorry.

yagrmiestr
06-16-2003, 05:07 PM
I'm fine with the 20th. Is SCP still the plan?

Mighty Mike
06-16-2003, 06:12 PM
I voted on the 20th, but I changed my mind afterwards because I prefer not to play on Sundays. Old guys like myself need that extra day to recoup.:)

Anyway, if everyone wants Sunday then so be it.

Blennidae
06-16-2003, 06:26 PM
OK, apparently the poll is now screwed.:D

Zaust, would you mind deleteing the thread and starting it over and please specify the month AND day, so there is no confusion. Lets see if we can get an accurate count going.