PDA

View Full Version : Mags shoot further than cockers, didnt you know?

Smokee_2_7
04-21-2003, 04:02 PM
lol. This is the first time i've heard THIS one. Check out the link to the thread below- - -

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=202067&messageid=1050856030&lp=1050862902

Here's the background information:
'Nanolux' ordered a brand new Orracle off the internet about a week ago. Well, he gets the gun in and comes out to play this past saturday. Gasses it up, and it fires fine. Puts paint in it, and it no longer even thinks about shooting balls downrange with ANY kind of reliability. Well, he comes in the shop and asks if I can fix it for him. I say sure, but not today ( we dont work on gun repairs on the weekends- - too busy with players and customers in the shop, so all repair work gets done during the week.) But, because I know how much it sucks to get a new gun and not have it working out of the box (umm.. . my 'cocker was the SAME way) I toss him one of my retromags and tell him to go out and play. I didnt' see him in the shop until the end of the day, when he returned it. He said he got over 850 shots on my 68/3k flatline, never chopped a ball, never had a barrel break, and that the gun performed great- - - (see the link for his 'net response)

Needless to say, I was happy that the 'mag prevailed when the cocker choked.

I finally suggested that he just send the gun to WGP (didnt want him to have to dump money into it for me to fix a brand new gun- -- free labor work on all bought from us, but this came from the net--) and he's noted that the bolt was upside down. (although that wasnt his problem- - - the gun would shoot the first ball fine, but on trigger release the lug would skip over the sear causing another 'fire' - - and another ball either 10 ft. from the barrel, chopped, or just stuck halfway out the barrel.

I hope that WGP takes better care of them than they did of me when my 'right out of the box' cocker did pretty much the same thing.

Anyway, that was just a rant on (my opinion) of cockers. The kicker is what he says about my mag in his post on the net.

Carl

cphilip
04-21-2003, 04:33 PM
Good story. I posted on his thread. Nice that so many Mag owners are so generous too. I notice they are just a whole lot nicer bunch o folks. :)