PDA

View Full Version : fairly important question- please help

impostal22
04-21-2003, 06:12 PM
the manual says that it's a bad idea to attach a warm co2 tank to a cold gun (i.e. bad idea to put a new tank on after the first one runs out of gas). i'm pretty certain i'll be using more than one tank a day, so how can i get around this problem? (here's the quote from the manual: "we have found that putting a warm tank on a cold marker causes the warm co2 vapor to enter the air chamber where it condenses into liquid; this is identical to freezing down a 7oz tank before filling from the warmer 50 pound tank- avoid this.")

Jonesie
04-21-2003, 07:11 PM
I think they mean putting a tank that has been sitting in you car on a gun that was just rapid firing using CO2, causing it to freeze up.

When CO2 is filled, the tank gets cold, unlike filling Compressed Air, in which the bottle gets warmer.You should be fine putting a freshly filled CO2 tank on you gun.

Later ~ Dave

impostal22
04-21-2003, 07:42 PM
that's what i'm talking about..i don't play at a field so ihave to fill my tanks elsewhere, then come to the homemade field..and the second tank would be warm b/c it was filled long ago...any way to get around this?

kenny45749
04-22-2003, 09:53 PM
Putting up with co2 in a mag can be fun. It has been years for me so I will give it my best shot. If warm co2 hitting a cold gun is a problem, just let the gun warm up before changing tanks. Even if you are shooting at seriously high rates of fire by the time you stop to change tanks the gun should be at least be ready. Sure condensation may be in the gun, but shouldnt be more than is there already from using co2. Unless you change the tank immediately after shooting the gun rapidly it doesnt seem like it will be a problem. good luck

Quackman71
04-22-2003, 10:47 PM
Just leak some CO2 out of the bottle that will chill it right up.