PDA

View Full Version : let's play.."figure out what that photo is"!

impostal22
04-21-2003, 09:45 PM
i bought a gun off of ebay and one of the pics the guy included was what i attached, and i am trying to figure out what it is and why he decided taking a pic of it was a..good idea? okay, so this is round 1 of "figure out what the HELL is in this photo"!

Smokee_2_7
04-21-2003, 09:50 PM
It's a photo of the underside of a standard A.I.R. valve. I suppose he took it to show that the on/off assembly (well, at least the bottom- - all you can see in the pic) is stock, and not messed with.

Carl

KayleAGD
04-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Looks like a level 7 front half with a broken field strip screw. the back looks like an aftermarket or bassler valve

impostal22
04-21-2003, 09:54 PM
so the valve IS aftermarket or isn't...sigh lol.

round 2 of this lovely game is...is this an expansion chamber or a gas-thru grip! this is a toughy, so gl...

KayleAGD
04-21-2003, 10:03 PM
What is the serial number in both halves of the valve ??
looks like a viewloader gasthrough foregrip

impostal22
04-21-2003, 10:09 PM
gun hasn't come yet so i can't really tell you the serial numbers..but i'm gonna be pretty pissed if it's got some crappy valve or regulator on it...in the description he said he got an upgrade.."8-hole high flow reg body"...maybe that's what this is, and if so...what exactly is that? heh...feelin' duped..HELP!!

madmatt151
04-21-2003, 10:14 PM
That is a DOP grip. It can be either gas through only or an expansion. I have the gas through and you can get a piece which goes in to make it an expansion chamber. Look here.

http://www.deadonpaintball.com/mall/GasThruGrip.asp

Demobilized
04-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Gas thru

impostal22
04-21-2003, 10:20 PM
ok..uh..can we back up to round 1 because i'm kinda concerned about what a 8-hole high flow reg body is..heh..

Skoad
04-21-2003, 11:10 PM
its just a mod done to the front half of the valve to make it have 8 holes. some aftermarket crap, don't think it does much if anything at all

Army
04-22-2003, 02:00 AM
The "8 hole mod" was an aftermarket attempt to get more gas flow through the regulator more quickly. Big problem though, it can't work, it won't work, and it doesn't work any better (and most times much worse) than a stock back-half.

The only thing it does well, is make your wallet lighter.

If you got this 'Mag cheap enough, invest the $ and get an Xvalve for it. You will be much happier.

TheBigRaguPB4L
04-22-2003, 02:06 AM
It doesn't work any better than the stock, but with my experiences, it's not any worse either. I used to have a mag with the ans one and it really didn't hurt it. I would advise not going out and buying it seperately, but if it comes with it, not to big a deal. Biggest thing is that AGD will charge you for any kind of work they do to it due to the reg housing.

automan39
04-22-2003, 01:24 PM
can u trade in for a x-valve a calssic valve w/ an aftermarket back halve if u don't have the stock on

IcantBelieveit
04-22-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by automan39
can u trade in for a x-valve a calssic valve w/ an aftermarket back halve if u don't have the stock on

no they have to have matching serial numbers

Lopy-slopy
04-22-2003, 05:58 PM
ok..uh..can we back up to round 1 because i'm kinda concerned about what a 8-hole high flow reg body is..heh..
It's a scam. It does nothing realy. Some people that bought them and are trying to sell their mags try to fool people into thinking it makes a differnce. I've heard it described as, "Not quite an X-valve but the next best thing." That person should be shot.

Oh, and I think you can trade in your vavle if the serial numbers are mismached. I've heard alot of people saying that you can, I've also heard people saying that you can't. The only way to find out is to call them and ask. It's worth your time if it could save you $100.