PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about my ULE body...

Skoad
04-21-2003, 11:21 PM
Any of you guys try to hook up your standard 12 volt revy to ur ULE? My feed neck on the hopper is just a bit too big, did you guys have to sand yours down to get it to fit?

Also...the feed necks on the ULE's are detatchable right?

jayel579
04-21-2003, 11:29 PM
yeah man, i got my revy on there no problem. i posted a pic of it for the ULE thread.

the necks are detachable yes, but be careful with it. the threads are very fine and it is easy to screw it in wrong. once those threads are messed up the neck wont go back on right. i have heard this happen to some angel guys with the same necks with the same threads.

DiRTyBuNNy
04-22-2003, 01:36 AM
yeah..mine fits perfectly..if not a shade loose...I could push that revy about as far in as it would go..and it sits wwwwwwwaaaaaayyyyy low on the body now..

Blennidae
04-22-2003, 11:11 AM
On my smoke revy, it fits pretty tight. If I jam it all the way down, its tight enough to unscrew the feedneck if I twist it. I also have a red one that we found out is very loose. Loose enough we had to put something to act as a shim to keep it from falling out.

I'ts probably a sure bet the tolerance issue is in the revy and not the feedneck.

Russ
04-22-2003, 11:33 AM
I'ts probably a sure bet the tolerance issue is in the revy and not the feedneck. Definitely, I had Revy "issues" when I had warp feed units, some revy's fit tight, others were like a hot dog in a hallway.

Skoad
04-22-2003, 11:34 AM
hmm, i oiled up my feed tube on the revy and it only goes in about halfway.

I don't really want to twist it and hammer it down because we all know about the viewloader necks ;)

Sandpaper time!

acecl22
04-22-2003, 12:23 PM
yeah, viewloader needs to do something about their necks, my left smoke shell's neck has snapped pretty far up, and the right one has a huge crack in the same place.

wyn1370
04-22-2003, 12:42 PM
my clear was very loose, I'm using a dye spaccer in it now.

cphilip
04-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Some have to be sanded and some have to be spacered with a wrap of tape. There is no standard size. Halo's are made big in order to fit anything and most often have to be sanded down.

Dragos
04-22-2003, 04:59 PM
Now I know this isn't a revy but my Egg fit absolutely perfect in the ULE body. I was really surprised. Well that is all I had to say.