PDA

View Full Version : Halo vs Egg2, which do you think is better

Shail
04-22-2003, 10:30 AM
Like the title says, I want some opinions, because im looking into getting a better hopper.

JEDI
04-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Hands down, the Halo B is the fastest force fed loader. Its debateable whether or not the Evolution II is force fed. I do think though, that the Halo can be over kill. I've shot Ebladed cockers that are wicked fast, and a Revvy kept up. For my Emag, I would only use a Halo.

HOWEVER, here is comes...I think the Evolution is a very good middle ground between a Revvy and a Halo. It weighs less, and still feeds fast enough for most electros. I'm seriously considering a Evolution.

bunkermaster10
04-22-2003, 10:58 AM
First the Halo: con: Its heavy and bulky and also is very pricey, around 110 bucks. Pro: The fasted feeding loader, and bulit really nice.

The egg: Con: Can throw off the balance of ur gun system because it is very low and far back. Pro: It also feeds very fast,low in profile, and the price isn't bad about 75 bucks.

To me I would get the egg loader just because it feeds really fast w/ a low profile and is at a cheaper price.

ShotgunTuna
04-22-2003, 11:11 AM
also the egg holds more paint, 200 vs 170 (i think)

CobraC
04-22-2003, 11:20 AM
In my experience with my evo2: I've love it's feeding rate, and how it puts the hopper out of the way, but I don't think it's quality at all. Putting it on my gun the front feed neck screw mount broke on shell left, I know a few other people that have had the same thing. The neck is very flimsey and always wants to move around. My lid is cracked where the screws meet the shell. I love the way it's loaded also too. I've never had a problem with it feeding, where as my revvy I was misfeeding. I've only used a halo a few times but they seem a lot more quality with there shells and how it's put together. Then you also have the faster feeding rate, which will blow the evo2 away. Its how much you are willing to invest in a hopper, but be prepaired to invest in a shell or a neck sometime with your evo2.

Russ
04-22-2003, 11:24 AM
I had a 1st gen Egg...What a dog that thing was.

The HALO B is a fast, quiet loader. It weighs 1.4lbs w/lithium batteries. AA batteries outlast 9v by a wide margin, and cost less. Even though a bit heavy, it balances well. The feed neck is oversized, which allows one to precisely fit it their gun. Odyssey has excellent customer service (like AGD :) ) They're a small, innovative AMERICAN company, which makes the HALO's in the USA. (Eggo-Mexico)

Anyone got the weight of an Eggo?

fire1811
04-22-2003, 12:10 PM
i own both and i have to say i prefer the halo b

the evo is fast, holds a lot of paint, and is an all around good hopper but its is on the weak side. i.e. feedneck shell, lid

and for the halob man its crazy fast
and about all this halo being heavy
i held both side by side wiht batts in both and
i have to tell ya its a very small differece
small enough that you wouldnt notice it in a game

if i have to choose
it would be the halo b

Hexis
04-22-2003, 12:56 PM
My HALO is at Odyssey being upgraded to a HALO B. I can't wait. Even their first gen product was great. From what I hear the HALO B is a great upgrade in many ways.

sniper1rfa also makes Rechargable NiMH Battery packs for the HALO to shave off some weight and cut down on your ongoing battery cost. He's shipping mine shortly, I'll post a review when I receive both the HALO B and battery pack.

maglover52
04-22-2003, 01:26 PM
I ordered a clear halo B from tunaman. i would say the halo B hands down.

Pand0ra
04-22-2003, 02:02 PM
I own both of them.

From my experience, the Evo2 is better than the HaloB. The capacity is close to 200 paintballs, and it is softer on the paint (it's a nightmare to find anti dual feeds for the HaloB which works well). I've yet to find someone shooting faster than 17bps (we're at 15, so for us the Evo2 is good).

BUT, we found a big problem with the Evo2 this week-end (was the first time the team was using them in the Millennium): the two big screws keeping the cover in place cross the shell, hence touch the paint.
Everytime we dived in a snake, we found paint broken inside the loader. We're almost sure the paint hits the screws and breaks, or at least is damaged and breaks in the marker.
Solution: put something on the screws, or dive in the snake without paint in the marker :)

@++

Strider
04-22-2003, 02:13 PM
I've not encountered any problems with my Egg. I prefer it to my Halo for on-marker play. But it sits too far back and smacks me in the face when I'm warp-on. THe Halo fits better.

paint_munkey
04-22-2003, 03:31 PM
definitely halo.
the design of the egg sucks. it is overly-back heavy, which distorts the balance of the gun. at least with the halo the heavy weight is balanced out.
not even taking into consideration the design, the halo feeds faster than the egg anyway.

darklord
04-22-2003, 04:00 PM
HALO by far, cause I own one ;)

Seriously though, it's the fastest loader on the market, a true force feed.... can't beat it.

ZyperioN
04-22-2003, 04:16 PM
For all of you who say that the Evo-II is unbalanced i would ask you to look at the evo-II on a marker. Now while looking at this image, where is the center of the loader? Yes exactly, right over the grip frame! Ihe Evo-II actually balances the weight of the hopper and paint over the grip frame which is where the major amount of support for the gun is applied by your shooting hand. So dont comment that it is unbalanced, and if you do say it is remember that it is your own personal opinion, when i first got the Evo-II it did feel odd because i was used to the way normal loaders are farther forward. Once i got used to it, it felt better than with a revy as many converts to the Evo-II find out.

SlipknotX556
04-22-2003, 04:19 PM
I have both the halo and the evo, I like the halo, but I love my eggo.

Hexis
04-22-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ZyperioN
For all of you who say that the Evo-II is unbalanced i would ask you to look at the evo-II on a marker. Now while looking at this image, where is the center of the loader? Yes exactly, right over the grip frame! Ihe Evo-II actually balances the weight of the hopper and paint over the grip frame which is where the major amount of support for the gun is applied by your shooting hand. So dont comment that it is unbalanced, and if you do say it is remember that it is your own personal opinion

Well, it's all personal opinion, so it's impossible to tell them they are wrong and you are right.

Keep in mind that an HPA tank is a large chunk of a paintball gun's weight, and it usually sits back further. Putting the hopper more forward can balance that out giving a center of gravity that's closer to the grip frame.

Each to his/her own. Whatever feels best to you, is the best for you.

Russ
04-22-2003, 04:25 PM
Will someone weight an Eggo?

04-22-2003, 04:51 PM
GEt an Egg unless u are using 20 bps F/A u probably wont notice a difference. My keeps up with my Timmy shooting 12-13 bps easily. You probably wont be shooting much faster than that.

thecavemankevin
04-22-2003, 05:29 PM
a couple of the guys at one of the fields i go to have gotten rid of them, two of them just wouldn't feed over around 8-9bps for some reason, the other guy just hated the way the lid is set up.

I must say, i never ever cared for the eggs, brass eagle...f-em

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
04-22-2003, 05:44 PM
I have a Halo B and I love it! My opinion is a bit biased tho because of the fact that I refuse to give Brass Eagle anymore money for a hopper. After breaking several of the 12v revvies, calling BE up about it and finding out that they know their revvie shells are weak and aren't doing anything about it...I got a very bad impression of them. Just something about a company that intentionally puts out a bad product and does nothing to fix the problem really bugged me. On another note a few of my friends have eggs with no probs. They seem to work find and keep up with their guns.

jah871
04-22-2003, 06:56 PM
i have both and the halo b is definately faster and slightly heavier. i love the evo but when i use it on my emag i can get it to skip shots. so i use the halo b for my main loader and use the evo for a backup.

minimag187
04-22-2003, 07:13 PM
The reason I bought my evo 2 is because it holds more paint, weighs less, and it also is also lighter on paint. On most angels, and some timmys and other guns the halo will force feed paintballs past the ball detent, there are some ways to fix it and sometimes they dont work.

Jason Stearns
04-22-2003, 07:34 PM
Halo is a hefty, and pricey, BUT! I`d take it over a Egg any day....

BajaBoy
04-22-2003, 07:39 PM
I love the look of halos.. Thats why i bought one;) i never tried an evo2.. just the first one and its Really stunk.

But i think evo2's look killer on timmys

04-22-2003, 08:12 PM
On the lid with practice it is so much better than old style ones cause u just open and it snaps into thing on bottom. Then to close u just tap it. Super fast reloading.