PDA

View Full Version : Where are the X-Mag reviews?

ben_JD
04-22-2003, 10:50 AM
It has been in circulation long enough that their should be some reviews floating around (reviews which are NOT written by AO members). It seems that P8ntballer.com or some of the other sites would have done this by now. It appears to me that every time the first of any 'Cocker clone ships, they have a review on it, but nothing on the X-Mag.

Ideas?

battlegroup
04-22-2003, 11:02 AM
I think right now only AOers have the X-mag so any reviews would be written by us. I believe all the X-mags produced are going to fill pre-orders and none are being sent out for evaluation by magazines and such.

I have heard rumors of a review in facefull though.

LaW
04-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Xmags were sent out for review to almost every magazine I am pretty sure/. I know Tom said something about it a while back.

wyn1370
04-22-2003, 11:53 AM
hmmm try a search (couldn't pass it up)
look here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77858&highlight=xmag)

battlegroup
04-22-2003, 11:54 AM
I stand corrected. But being one of the Pre-orders I would have prefered they shipped those to pre-orders since they have more orders than they can produce right now.

Here's where tom talks about who has it for review.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66245&highlight=xmag+magazine

oldsoldier
04-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Facefull did a review of it...albeit brief. More to come. PB2X is doing one soon too.

Jack & Coke
04-22-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by ben_JD
It has been in circulation long enough that their should be some reviews floating around (reviews which are NOT written by AO members). It seems that P8ntballer.com or some of the other sites would have done this by now. It appears to me that every time the first of any 'Cocker clone ships, they have a review on it, but nothing on the X-Mag.

Ideas?

I think there are more reviews of other guns (i.e. Angels, Intimidators, Cocker-clones, Matrices, Spyder-clones, etc.) because, unlike the XMAG, they're actually available to the masses.

If you're a magazine publisher, you want to write reviews that people can relate too. People not sure which gun to buy will want to read reviews to help them make their choices.

At this time, what good is a review of something they can't even buy? I'm sure when the XMAG is as easy to purchase as the others (i.e. NO WAITING LIST), then a review will actually mean something. As of now, any articles on the XMAG are just like "preview sneak peeks".

When you can go online and can easily order an XMAG from 2-3 different stores, you will start to see more reviews in magazines.

How many IR3's are produced in a year?
How many Cockers's are produced in a year?
How many Intimidator's are produced in a year?
How many Matrices are produced in a year?
How many Tippman's are produced in a year?
How many Spyder's are produced in a year?

How many XMAG's are produced in a year?

Now if you're an Editor of a magazine, what marker do you think your readers would be able to relate to more?

ZyperioN
04-22-2003, 04:35 PM
There was a small section on the X-Mag in an APG a few months ago in the Gear-Reviews section.

aaron_mag
05-02-2003, 11:31 PM
Was walking in a store and saw Facefull so I flipped through it. The review on the X-mag was extremely short and not informative. Also why did it only rate +++ out of five in accuracy? Are they testing the consistency over the chrono versus other markers (I doubt that). Short overview and then ratings with no explanation seem as bad to me....