PDA

View Full Version : help: school project!

pip_999
04-22-2003, 01:18 PM
okay guys
so i gotta make myself a paintball business (on paper) for my entrepreneurship class

and i am wondering about insurance
i would need some sort of insurance for my players right? so i would be liable?
or could i just do contracts saying that they shouldnt sue me if they fall or hurt themselves?

if there is certain insurance

please lmk
thanx in advance

WickeDKlowN
04-22-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by pip_999
and i am wondering about insurance
i would need some sort of insurance for my players right? so i would be liable?
or could i just do contracts saying that they shouldnt sue me if they fall or hurt themselves?

I'm pretty sure you would need some insurance incase someone gets hurt. You might need a waiver too that says they can't sue you, and that you are not responsible for what happens.

So if you wanna take the time, do both. And i'm not sure if that was a typo or not(not trying to make fun of you ;)) but you would want to be NOT liable... atleast im pretty sure you wouldn't want to be...

Hexis
04-22-2003, 02:11 PM
First, IANAL*or a Paintball Field owner. So this is just my understanding.

Waivers will not cover you if a player sues you for negligence. The liability insurance would cover any instances that the waiver didn’t. If someone injures themselves because you (in theory) failed to provide a safe playing environment, you would be liable. The waivers also dissuade people from filing lawsuits because they think they have no legal rights, even when they may.

This is also a good reason to protect yourself with some level of corporate liability abstraction. If you create a corporation and that owns the business you have some personal protection from liability. In the worst case the corporation may be destroyed by a lawsuit, but you as an individual would be ok.

(*) I Am Not A Lawyer.

Skoad
04-22-2003, 02:14 PM
http://www.paintballinsurance.com/