PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to PB Jerseys

HYPER
04-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Hello All,

Im not a glitsy kind of guy, some may say Im boring, but I dont like the Jerseys they have out right now. I like my jerseys plain but with the paintball market nowadays, theres absolutely no room for plain. Each appareal item has to have a unique design or else it wont market well Im guessing (since image is important in this sport).

Basically, Im looking for a one color type shirt. I have used 100% cotton long sleeve shirts, but the elbows tend to rip. I have my running long DRI-fit running shirts that really keep me cool during the day, but am afraid they're gonna rip as well. Would you think the NIKE ACG line would be durable enough to handles Paintball's abuse?

The main thing is to keep cool, so no hockey stuff. Dont forget I have to play in Hawaii, where the humidity is pretty high.

Help throw out some ideas guys.

Thx in advance.

-HYPER

Marek
04-22-2003, 03:41 PM
Football Jersey. I use a Falcons jersey when I play and it's comfy. The tiny holes help to keep cool, (I play in TX) and it's plain, with just the name and number. You could probably find a generic one at a sports store for a good price that has no name and a number that u like.

vdo_game_junkie
04-22-2003, 03:55 PM
How about a biking jersey. You can easily find a plain one. Definately keep you cool and lightweight. Drawbacks that I see are that they are really lightweight which could mean not very durable for the sport and most of them are semi-fitted. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wear a baggy biking jersey. Give it a try, heck maybe I'll try it during the summer.

ShooterJM
04-22-2003, 04:05 PM
A practice hockey jersey. nice, baggy, tough, one color, easy to clean, cheap. I love em.

AL3X OAKL3Y
04-22-2003, 04:11 PM
try a dirtbike jersey, lots of variety and i know from experience u can get nice ones that keep u cooler than a lot of the alternatives! check it out here (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/)

Lopy-slopy
04-22-2003, 06:06 PM
I personaly wear a hoody when playing because the hood protects the back of my head and the faberic gives you a bit of padding for more bouces. But I live in canada. I think your best bet is a sports jersy like what others have said. I would think the realy cheap hocky jerseys that I get in hocky, with lots of holes, would keep you realy cool. But if you are shy and don't want everybody seeing your body I would not recomend it. I think it would also hurt quite a bit, like getting hit on bare skin.

RoadDawg
04-22-2003, 06:09 PM
I wear a glittery BMX jersey that represents Psychopathic Records. It allows my body to breath and still keep it covered. It is a tough fabric and hasn't ripped in my hard style of diving and sliding play.

Marek
04-22-2003, 06:23 PM
hell, I would pay 10 for a jersey; too bad that large is just too small....

*ArKfEaR*
04-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Actually its a medium... just checked.

Still interested?

Marek
04-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Maybe about 10 yrs. ago, when i was in 6th grade that would fit me, but I might have a friend who would buy it.

einhander619
04-22-2003, 08:23 PM
I usually just play in a t-shirt and shorts, I look like a noob who borrowed his buddy's setup. What a nasty suprise for them!

cris8762
04-22-2003, 09:15 PM
go to www.smartparts.com and check out the all black "jerseys" they have with logos on them

http://www.smartparts.com/splogojersey.htm

there ya go

04-22-2003, 09:37 PM
Y not just buy full arm elbow pads and a short sleeve shirt.

e mag
04-22-2003, 09:54 PM
soccer goalie jersies

adam shannon
04-22-2003, 11:20 PM
i was looking at those biking/running shirts you mentioned, i was half tempted to buy one. how are they for moisture wicking and heat disipation?

i play alot of woods ball...end when im not still wear the same camo shirt for speedball. if you have a dickssporting goods near you they sell a type of shirt that is just like a cotton shirt but it has holes drilled in it every centimeter. very cool and breezy.

askman
04-23-2003, 01:00 AM
biking clothes are moisture wicking. cool and dry. they use fablic like coolmax, which are very good for keeping dry, but you have to becareful washing them. they prefer to be washed very gently. (hand washing is best) or they will wear out quickly. I buy them in fall time on sale for good prices.

I bought JT premeir jersey in green camo, and they are decently comfortable. not too flashy, and cost 18 bucks on sale. not bad. lightweight, but seems to be fairly durable and wicking.

Bucky
04-23-2003, 02:31 AM
i play in northern cali and it gets real hot in the summer. so i use a 50/50 long sleeve shirt. it breaths well and is comfortable. i also screened my teams logo on it so i dont need to spend 50 bucks on a jersey. and it gets the chicks.

TheJester
04-23-2003, 09:24 AM
what about smart parts jersey? they're pretty much plain, and just have their logo in the center....but you could also just try wearing some of that underarmor stuff

here's the star burst

TheJester
04-23-2003, 09:31 AM
here's their other 1, the fighter

Me
04-23-2003, 09:41 AM
i got that 1st sp, i like it

j.t.
04-23-2003, 12:23 PM
I would go with a soccer goalie jersey. They are almost identical to paintball jerseys, in fact my team uses them and you really couldnt tell the difference between these and a paintball jersey unless you looked closely (they are custom lettered and stuff of course:)).

You can find them with elbow pads and all kinds of different designs too.

PolishSausage
04-23-2003, 05:41 PM
Too many posts to read so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but UNDER ARMOR!

The stuff is awesome, just make sure you get the one that releases heat, not the one that keeps it in.

Me
04-23-2003, 05:52 PM
cant use it as a uniform though

Pballwizz
04-23-2003, 09:27 PM
www.paintball-online.com may still have their splatt gear jerseys on sale, they are all black, with reinforced elbows,a and a small embroidered logo fer 10 bucks, check fer em in the sales department. Peace!

Jack & Coke
04-23-2003, 10:09 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:xjV4d0tsy0EC:myrtlebeachtshirts.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/funny-gutbeer.jpg

sneakyhacker420
04-23-2003, 10:20 PM
i just wear my hoodie... but i'm saving up for my green AO jersey :p

spacedtedybear
04-23-2003, 11:05 PM
You can use rugby jersies. I'm not talking about the ****ty fashion knockoffs by Old Navy. Those things are TOUGH and are made to be abused (Obviously). And are slightly padded. Some of the new ones made by Canterbury are made out of moisture wicking materials.