PDA

View Full Version : Retro Vs. X Valve Any difference?

Lakeview Bulldog
04-22-2003, 08:51 PM
Now I know that the X Valve is aluminum and comes with a Level 10 but other than that is there any difference in performance between the Retro valve and the X valve. Does the Retro Valve come with any stars? Does the retro valve need a different sear than the stock sear? And does the Retro Valve run on only Nitro like the X valve? A lot of questions with no answers. if anyone could help me I would be much obliged. Thanks.

Demobilized
04-22-2003, 08:58 PM
When you buy the RT valve it comes with a new sear, but i am not sure if it needs a diffrent one or it just happens to come with a new one. The only diffrence is the weight and the preinstalled LX. Besides that they are idenical. They both have lifetime warranties and do not have stars because of that.

greenkill
04-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Both the xvalve and RT need to be run on a nitro tank

cledford
04-23-2003, 11:30 PM
They both work exactly the same. Put a LX on a Retro and it is EXACTLY the same except that it weighs 3oz more and will last forever :)

-Calvin

mwebb30
10-12-2005, 07:40 PM
hey im new here and just really need to know the difference between rt pro, retro valve and x valve

Dayspring
10-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Aside from the laser engraving, and the fact that one might be all aluminum and one might be aluminum & steel, nothing.

Same valve.

Earthy
10-13-2005, 10:31 AM
There is one difference.... The on/off hole only has a single o-ring (the X-Valve has a double). This means that the RT valve cannot accept the ULT trigger kit unless is is modified.

Little_Ho
10-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi

you can find some ReTro Valves with On/Off hole for two Oring so you can install the ULT without trouble. I had a setup like that with a Y Gripp and sold it later on

Little_Ho

mwebb30
10-13-2005, 07:13 PM
i have a minimag and wanted to upgrade it ,where can i find some cool upgrades and which valve would you recomend for my mag