PDA

View Full Version : Help! Preset Tank Output Question

Abermose
04-22-2003, 10:05 PM
I have a 2k3 BKO and I am going to get a nitro tank. It is definatly going to be a preset tank, but what I am not sure of is whether to get a 450psi preset or 850psi preset. The BKO's HP Reg is set at 250-275psi. I was reading some forums and came across this comment:

"To use a 450psi preset, you're awfully close to the recommended minimum pressure difference that should exist between regulators (200 psi). If you're running your bushy at 275, you're below that threshold (175 psi)."

My question is, has anyone ever heard of this "recommended minimium pressure difference"? This is news to me....

Any thoughts?

Marek
04-22-2003, 11:43 PM
Well, I've heard of that, but the 200 psi difference should be from the inline regulator to the tank, not the HP reg. (This is from knowledge of a cocker and timmy; I've never used a BKO)

If you have an inline reg (again, never used a BKO, so dont no anything about it) and a high pressure preset, you will be fine.

Skoad
04-22-2003, 11:49 PM
so....to conceal the source of money, by channeling it through an intermediary....

air stuff confuses me

Abermose
04-22-2003, 11:50 PM
The HP reg i am talking about is my inline reg on my gun. If I go with a 450psi output preset (the difference would be like 175psi) will I be ok? (Im not sure if this is even a big deal or not). :confused:

krafty
04-23-2003, 12:00 AM
Hey, I recognize that post! :) That was me!

Marek seems a bit confused... the Inline reg IS the HPR on the BKO.

You SHOULD be OK with a 450 preset on a BKO... but I'd really recommend an 800. Especially if you decide later on you want a different gun that takes higher input pressure (Mag, Angel, etc.). You can always regulate down, but not back up again.

This from Ravi (http://www.paintballravi.com/Articles/RegulatorInfosheet/Regulator_Infosheet.html): " To prevent starving when double regulating, it is important to keep a significant pressure difference between the regulators. This will ensure a steep pressure gradient across both to provide good flow through both. I like to keep at least a 200 psi difference between the regs. For example, if I'm running 500 psi into my 'gun from the second regulator, I like to run at least 700 psi from my primary regulator (in my case, on the nitrogen system)."

Marek
04-23-2003, 12:45 AM
I think it will be fine, but you run the risk of starving the inline at higher rates of fire.

flatacid
04-23-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by krafty
... but I'd really recommend an 800. Especially if you decide later on you want a different gun that takes higher input pressure (Mag, Angel, etc.). You can always regulate down, but not back up again.completly agree. someone at the feild the other day was trying to get his spyder to shoot more than 245. but because he had a 450psi tank, it wouldn't budge. if you wanted another gun, then you would have to spend more money on a new tank.

krafty knows what hes saying. :)

Marek
04-23-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by krafty
Marek seems a bit confused... the Inline reg IS the HPR on the BKO.

Hence why I said that I was not sure about a BKO. But hey, we are at least on the same line.

krafty
04-23-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Marek

Hence why I said that I was not sure about a BKO. But hey, we are at least on the same line.

:) Fair enough.