PDA

View Full Version : is this a stupid idea?

tmnothing
04-23-2003, 08:46 AM
I have a minimag and in the future I plan on upgrading to x-valve, getting an intelliframe, and getting a ULE body. Since those are the main components of a minimag, would it be stupid just to order a rail, and a few other parts and just build a whole new gun? Besides the $100 that I wont get since I wouldnt be trading in a minimag valve, do you guys think that this would be a stupid idea? All I would have to do then is buy a cocker threaded barrel and that way I wouldnt have a minimag body and gripframe just lying around.

WARPED1
04-23-2003, 09:02 AM
Sell the body and frame, then trade the valve in to go X!

IcantBelieveit
04-23-2003, 09:15 AM
yea if you, bought a minimag, you could sell the body rail and valve to put toward your other ULE stuff

xen_100
04-23-2003, 09:41 AM
or you could do what I am doing. pay the extra $100 to just buy an x-valve, then you will have ALL the parts you need to biuld another gun. you can keep it as a backup or sell it.... either way, a full gun will be better than a bunch of spare parts.:D

darklord
04-23-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by xen_100
or you could do what I am doing. pay the extra $100 to just buy an x-valve, then you will have ALL the parts you need to biuld another gun. you can keep it as a backup or sell it.... either way, a full gun will be better than a bunch of spare parts.:D Not everyone has the time nor patience to do so. Some people might not be able to do that because of money issues and whatnot. A few months ago I could've built a second e-mag if I just bought a few parts, but I didn't have enough money, and couldn't sell it in enough time to repay any debt I'd owe. I say find a used valve for like 70 bucks on the classifieds, trade that in, and you're already making 30 dollars. Then find a used body rail and sear, and make a whole new gun, or sell your current one and keep the one you're building from the ground up.

maglover52
04-23-2003, 12:44 PM
no i dont think so i have only one part off my mag the vert asa everything els is brand new.