PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference between the y and z grip?

SPECIAL_K_06
04-23-2003, 08:47 AM
whats the big difference between the y-grip and z-grip?

shartley
04-23-2003, 08:56 AM
The angle.

fire1811
04-23-2003, 09:22 AM
yeppers the angle
the y grip doesnt have as much of an angle as the z grip had

Jonesie
04-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Not to mention that the Y is slated to have mounting for iFeed switch and is supposed to accept stickies...

SPECIAL_K_06
04-23-2003, 11:37 AM
why did agd stop making the z-grip? and is there a difference in performance between the two grips?

shartley
04-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Jonesie
Not to mention that the Y is slated to have mounting for iFeed switch and is supposed to accept stickies...
The last I saw the Y grip is going to be made with panel grips, not stickies. Again, unless that has changed…

I know I am planning to MAKE stickies specifically for the Y-Grip when it comes out though.

Originally posted by SPECIAL_K_06
why did agd stop making the z-grip? and is there a difference in performance between the two grips?
It simply did not sell well the first go around. However, now there are other front angled grip frames (or 90* angled grips) on the market. This makes the grip frame more desirable and producing the new Y-Grip a sounder investment on the part of AGD.

As for performance, that would all depend on the user and if they are comfortable using it.

Cryer
04-23-2003, 12:24 PM
There is not necissarily a performance difference, just a slightly different angle. As well, if you want to use a foregrip with the Z, you have to get a kapp extender. With the Y, you can just bolt it on to the rail as you normally would.
As SHartley mentioned, the Zgrip was dropped from production due to low popularity at the time. As the saying goes: You don't know what you've got 'till its gone.

Originally posted by Jonesie
... and is supposed to accept stickies...
That was the plan at first, but as development continued, it was found that it wouldn't be possible to use stickies at that angle (due to the trigger guard).

Originally posted by shartley

I know I am planning to MAKE stickies specifically for the Y-Grip when it comes out though.

I'll take a pair of those. I need to get the Y first...
Pics for comparison:
Z-grip
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/a_malfunction/redRT4.jpg

Y-grip
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?postid=672434