PDA

View Full Version : a.i.r. valve problem

lonegunman
04-23-2003, 01:41 PM
after leaving my minimag hanging on my wall for the long cold winter up here in canada, i recently put 3 drops of oil into the asa adaptor and attached a 3000 psi hpa tank.
heres where this gets interesting...grease came out of the hole in the center of the velocity adjuster,slowly, as if it was stuttering.i unscrewed the tank and tried again,same result.whats wrong with it?

Dayspring
04-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Well, it sounds like you had your velocity up too high.

As for the grease, it coats the reg springs so that they don't rust. No big deal really. The air venting is a safety feature of the marker.

Usually, what I do is turn my velocity WAY down, gas up and start turning the velocity up until it fires reliably. Cuz every so often, I would get that air venting.

Hope that helps.

lonegunman
04-23-2003, 02:09 PM
ok, thanks for the answer to my problem!
I will try this out tomorrow.
it is possible that my velocity was adjusted as it is a twist style velocity adjuster with a hex head screw to lock it down.
I wasn't too worried about the grease that came out of the gun, i was aware that it was there.
once again, thanks for your help!

cledford
04-23-2003, 11:28 PM
Try turning it almost all of the way out, gassing up, then turning back in, shooting a couple shots every turn or so. It sound like a reg piston failure, but I don't know enough to know whether just working the guts will fix the problem, or if something needs replaced. I wouldn't try turning it up any more. Just back it down and work your way back in. Try counting the turns out so you know when your back in to about the same place.

-Calvin