PDA

View Full Version : any bmxers here?

maglover52
04-23-2003, 02:31 PM
are there any bmxers on here besides me?pic below is me.

gibby
04-23-2003, 04:40 PM
Yup!! Although, I'm pretty old school...here are two pics of me on flatland and vert:

gibby
04-23-2003, 04:42 PM
and wannabe vert man!

maglover52
04-23-2003, 05:05 PM
damn how do you ride on your handle bars thats nuts!

AutomagBoy
04-23-2003, 05:29 PM
i bmx but i suck. ignore pic

gibby
04-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by maglover52
damn how do you ride on your handle bars thats nuts!
I used to ride almost 8 hours a day after school. I rode my bike religiously for 8 years. The biggest hurdle when learning bar rides is just getting the nerve to jump on the bars and stand up. It's not as hard as it seems. I think I learned that trick in about a week or so.

Just go at a steady pace, from your pedals...hop your feet onto the bars. Don't worry about falling, most of the time, you'll end up falling on your feet. And if you should fall while standing up, remember to jump away from the bike and get control of your body in the air. Do not try to baseball slide out of it...I promise you that it will hurt...LOL!!

I've never seriously gotten hurt from that trick...except maybe landing funny on your ankle.

I was more of a flatland kind of rider. But now, I can't even remember half of what I used to be able to do. The tricks I did back then are so old compared to what they are doing now...it's amazing and would have never thought to be possible on a bike!

A few years ago, I tried riding vert and the park. I'm not much of a jumper. But I tried. It's just, once I started to get the confidence, I ended up eating it big time by falling on my face 11' above the ground. It was funny for my friends watching, but I didn't find it funny...heck, I don't even remember it happening...LOL! All I know is, I woke up all dazed with a big gash on my eye brow. UGH!!

But anyway, yeah...those were the days!!! :)

johnny dee
04-23-2003, 08:14 PM
i have one nasty scar and no muscle left in my chin from when i used to ride. lol, all i have to say is it hurts landing on a car.

BlackHalo
04-23-2003, 10:06 PM
My friend rides flatland and runs www.backlashbmx.com and www.flatlandmanifesto.com

He makes videos and some parts too.

It's crazy some of the stuff him and his friends do.

INFERNO
04-23-2003, 10:28 PM
I Ride. A lot of street and a little dirt. les dirt know cuz our local trails were taken over by a bunch of eight year old on those mini circus bike things. they took a shovel we left there and knock the lips of the jumps that were already there so they could make bumps to ride over. I guess the little pricks dont know how to dig.:mad: :mad: :mad:

DaveDog
04-24-2003, 02:23 AM
Back when I was a kid I used to race for S&M on the dirt track. I had an original Mad Dog and it was great. I miss that stuff. One of the best times I had.

Statik7
04-24-2003, 05:05 AM
i race downhill and trails:D
and ride a semi custom older-framed diamondback viper, and an olderframed dyno vfr