PDA

View Full Version : problems w/ my mag

redmancba
04-23-2003, 03:59 PM
i just got a used mag today and gassed up and fired. there was leaking out of the barrel. i looked in the manuel and it said to replace the pt oring. i went to do this, and the reg wouldnt come out. i looked in the manuel again, and i couldnt get it to work. can someone help me please?

banzaimf
04-23-2003, 04:31 PM
Try taking the trigger frame and body rail off. That should give you unfettered access to the valve. 1 caveat, make sure that the on/off pin isn't dropping far enough to hang.

To replace the PT oring, hold your valve with a firm grip take a coin or a wide screwdriver and unscrew the tip. You should be good to go after that

redmancba
04-23-2003, 04:33 PM
Thank you very much, your help is greatly appreciated.

athomas
04-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Make sure you hold the trigger in when you remove the valve from the body. This pushes the on/off pin up inside the valve, clear of the body, so the valve will slide out the back.

The leak down the front usually means you need a shorter powertube spacer rather than a replacement of the powertube o-ring. If the powertube o-ring looks fine, I'd just use a shorter spacer.

cledford
04-23-2003, 11:37 PM
Ditto on the PT spacer. You should see which one you've got (should be marked) and go to the next size smaller. The come in .0005 steps. If you don't have any others, buy the AGD kit, not the pro-team.

I doubt that replacing the PT oring will help anything.

-Calvin

redmancba
04-24-2003, 04:40 PM
thanks a lot guys. i finally took an allen wrench to the frame(couldnt find one) and opened it up. i think you guys were right, the pt oring looks fine. i dont think i can get my hands on a parts kit for a while cause i spent all my $$ on the gun :rolleyes: any way, thanks a bunch for all your help.