PDA

View Full Version : need help on this custom mag project

angels one
04-23-2003, 05:08 PM
I need to know the exact location of the sears pin. I am using a (real) M-16 body but want mag internals. This is gonna be my scenario game gun. I really dont feel like spending $500 or more for a fancy spyder (armotech), if I'm gonna spend that much I'll spend it on a mag. I am looking for a cad file or a blue print of firing system.

WickeDKlowN
04-23-2003, 06:09 PM
Sorry i can't help you, but it sounds like a great idea. Just make sure to pust pics when your done :)

angels one
04-24-2003, 01:04 AM
this is what im looking for. I would also like to know more about view A! what is the need for these specific bevel's? My friend has a Z-body and it uses a removable washer (for lack of better word) what would the diffence in design mean? any help? TOM? AGD?

angels one
04-24-2003, 01:11 AM
thought you might like a shot of the slugs Im using in this project.

angels one
04-28-2003, 10:11 PM
any help???

Big'n slo
04-28-2003, 10:34 PM
I think the Slug CAD drawing that are floating around here have the info on that specific area. Don't have any answers for the sear pin location

Edit: re-read your post, looks like you already have the dims for the bevels, what they are for I dunno. Sorry

EMAG&AUTOMAG
05-02-2003, 09:45 PM
check out this site

http://www.extremesportsandhobbies.com/m14.html

hAppy
05-04-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by EMAG&AUTOMAG
check out this site

http://www.extremesportsandhobbies.com/m14.html

dont do that to your guns...

BobaPutt
05-04-2003, 07:44 PM
I like this one better http://www.extremesportsandhobbies.com/m1carbine.html and oh yes, I will do that to my gun

as for the sear location you may just want to incorporate the body rail into your setup

angels one
05-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Still looking for the EXACT placement of the sears pin!

PUDBUDZ
05-18-2003, 09:18 AM
Ill have to measure it out...Can,t do it tonight but will try to get the info for you tomarrow.

One more thing....you have to attach sear rod to the trigger in the design you have....What about this?

angels one
05-18-2003, 11:14 PM
not sure what you mean
you have to attach sear rod to the trigger in the design you have....What about this?

xen_100
05-19-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by PUDBUDZ
Ill have to measure it out...Can,t do it tonight but will try to get the info for you tomarrow.

One more thing....you have to attach sear rod to the trigger in the design you have....What about this?

that way would make a REALLY hard trigger pull. the reason you have a trigger rod is so you can get the leverage you need to make the trigger pull lighter. this is why benchy triggers are softer, but longer. more leverage.

PUDBUDZ
05-19-2003, 06:35 PM
Yes xen_100 i didnt do the math just quickly looked at the pivot distances and figured that it would work, and it might ....didn't do the math.....YET!

Well anyway...give me your email and ill send you the cad drawing with the placment of the sear pivot!

angels one
05-20-2003, 12:38 AM
I would like to thank all that have supplied me with measurements, but it seems none match up! these dimensions would be the best I believe for me (A&B). Again thanks for all the support.

AGD can you clarify this?

manike
05-21-2003, 08:35 AM
B is measured from where? and why would you want to take it from the back area of the valve which is unlikely to be an accurate tolerance area?

I can give you the A dimension from the centre of the main bore, but B? it's not a good place to go from and isn't that well toleranced to the bits that the sear needs to be... the sear needs to be related to the rear field strip screw location as that is what locates the valve (and thus the bolt edge and on/off pin)

angels one
05-22-2003, 01:44 AM
I would like to use the rear field strip screw but on the file that AGD released it is not marked! so without that im lost :( I have attached a ROUGH DRAFT of what Im working on to get a better idea.

manike
05-22-2003, 02:54 AM
How are you going to hold the valve in place if you don't use the rear field strip screw?

It's important to get the relationship between the valve, sear and bolt to be accurate. Or you will possibly get bolt stick etc.

You didn't mention where B was measured from? I have no accurate dimensions from the back of the valve if that's where, nor do I think anyone has nor is it a toleranced location? Again you would be better off measuring where the strip screw is in regards to the front wall of the valve (or the clearance face in the body rather) or something.

angels one
05-22-2003, 09:14 AM
Manike can you tell me the exact location of the rear screw from the front screw? I will not be using the front screw but will use the rear in my design. I will then use the rear screw as my 0 point for all measurements.