PDA

View Full Version : Why are fat people so good at paintball?

WicKeD_WaYz
04-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Why is it that all the fat people (no offense):) , seem to be the natural paintball players. I dont get it. Im not fat myself but im starting to wish I was. Last weekend I got schooled by some 300 pounder. At least thats how it has been lately in rec ball... Anyone else notice this?

BTW: I love fat people.

Collegeboy
04-24-2003, 12:19 PM
Because we suck at everything else, might as well be decent in something.

No offense but I think you just probably are not that good, for a big person like myself has problems in paintball, especially in the smaller bunkers and the "lightning" fast moves we make. Or I just suck hehe.

BTW. It is not fat it is horizontally gifted :p

beam
04-24-2003, 12:23 PM
Circumferently challenged. :D

jarley77
04-24-2003, 12:35 PM
I agree we need to be good at something besides eating

InfinatyBPS
04-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Hehe, Last time I played I kicked some ***, so I don't know :D I suck at most other sports(except badmitton). So Ya, I guess we need something to be good at.

shartley
04-24-2003, 01:16 PM
Hey, I know some skinny people that are good at Paintball too! :D Maybe I should generalize and start a thread asking why skinny folks are so good at paintball! ;)

Seriously people, the good thing about paintball is that you can make up for one shortcoming with another skill… be it physical speed VS fast trigger speed and good aim… or whatever. My son is pretty good and is average build for a 13 year old. I would not classify his shooting skills as exceptional, but he can sure move like greased lightning. Hmmmmm Kind of makes you think doesn’t it?

:D

graycie
04-24-2003, 01:16 PM
from past experience i have found that the fat folk usually just camp in the back, but have damn good accuracy.

ShooterJM
04-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Haven't you seen that t-shirt that shows progression of paintball positions due to age and weight? Hilarious....I'll try to find it.

lopxtc
04-24-2003, 01:29 PM
Here you go ....

Aaron

ShooterJM
04-24-2003, 01:30 PM
Beat me to it! Thanks!

edweird
04-24-2003, 02:27 PM
I think its also cause they have accepted their role and are willing to work as a team more. Instead of some young 90 pound puke that has to try and be a hero all the time.

shartley
04-24-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by edweird
I think its also cause they have accepted their role and are willing to work as a team more. Instead of some young 90 pound puke that has to try and be a hero all the time.
Hey! That is not fair!

Didn’t you know it is that 90 pound pukes JOB! ;)

SpongeBobSquarePants
04-24-2003, 02:30 PM
I'm a bigger guy 6'4 300 and when rec ball comes around, I aint got no problems with moveing slideing or snap shooting. Sure I would love to stay in the back all the time yell and lay paint. How ever when in need I can come from the very back grab the flag make my bunker move and hang the flag. Yes it has been done I have witnesses. Just because your big doesnt mean you cant be good.

1stdeadeye
04-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Because we have to be good at something!

dansim
04-24-2003, 02:37 PM
6'4" 300

but your 15....how the hell:confused:

FutureMagOwner
04-24-2003, 03:00 PM
dang you must be huge im the same height and weigh 230!

SpongeBobSquarePants
04-24-2003, 03:06 PM
I'm a pretty big guy prolly little closer to 320 to. When I told the people at my field that I was only 15 I actually had to pull out my ID to prove it. I would like to be smaller but I'll get over it :)

darklord
04-24-2003, 03:18 PM
I don't really agree with that chart. I'm a 5'7" 170lb back player, 18 years old, and weight or age has nothing to really do with it. Granted a lot of back players are fat, but hey, a lot of front players are short and skinny. Being fat usually means you're going to have to make up for lack of speed by ripping on your gun with deadly accuracy and staying mad tight in a bunker. In this sense fat people are "better" players, but when it comes to dodging those streams of paint and rushing up the tape line, better look towards the angry disgruntled skinny guy on the team. :D

Lone Wolf2
04-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Well hell im only 95 pounds but i play front and im also short as crap too and the fastest one too so i guess thats my natural posistion...But TAG's son plays on my team and he plays back but even tho he is big he is still prety fast but were mostly all skinny small people except for mookie and dustin (BACK ) but we are just kids at the time so we dont know what will happen to us in a year or two so its all good yall c-ya later...

e mag
04-24-2003, 04:03 PM
i was watching a game of speedball awhile ago and some 30+ lb guy was playing. about 2 sec after the whistle blew he was out.

sneakyhacker420
04-24-2003, 04:03 PM
...accuracy by volume :rolleyes:

Collegeboy
04-24-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
I'm a bigger guy 6'4 300 and when rec ball comes around, I aint got no problems with moveing slideing or snap shooting. Sure I would love to stay in the back all the time yell and lay paint. How ever when in need I can come from the very back grab the flag make my bunker move and hang the flag. Yes it has been done I have witnesses. Just because your big doesnt mean you cant be good.

I am the exact same height and weight. But I am 21 hehe

If I was skinny and short I still think I would play back for it is my natural position. The first time I played speedball, I just all of a sudden fell into the role of covering peoples movements, screaming out positions and all that good stuff.

jdev
04-24-2003, 04:17 PM
i agree with darklord on this one.

im 6'0", 290lbs.. and you wont find me on the front line.

off the break, i usually break to one of the sides and offer "support" as the chart says; that is unless there is another plan involved.. but this is rec ball im talking (never played tourney)

yes, I have good accuracy, and yes, i belive my trigger speed is above normal, well, compared to the people playing with the field equipment.

xmetal2001
04-24-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by InfinatyBPS
Hehe, Last time I played I kicked some ***, so I don't know :D I suck at most other sports(except badmitton). So Ya, I guess we need something to be good at.

Badminton rules!
(not the stuff you play in your backyard, REAL badminton, kinda like playing paintball in your backyard vs. large tourny)

I could never find anyplace to play here in Georgia though. I need to move to china or something...

Sir Chopsalot
04-24-2003, 06:04 PM
my dad isnt really big but he is pretty tall and he is horrible and i quote "because i cant hide behind half the bunkers"

thedeem0n
04-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Alls i can say is that Fat people are definately Nasty at paintball, anyone from New England gonna disagree with me? you know whos name im gonna give them....Rob Lospennato...Best player in newengland probably weighs a good 350lbs...wanna disagree again? how about Ritchie and Dave from KillerGrips....they will tear you UP, but yeah its not really a corrolation, more of a coincidence, because im fat and i can't tear people up like they can, but im getting there. i'd say that being a fat kid, makes paintball life a lot easier though, because lets face it, how easy is it to find a front player? and how easy is to to find a younger back player that is dedicated to back? most of the younger teams that i've seen have a lot of really skinny really fast kids that all try to rush the hundred on you, but they never have anyone calling lanes, or covering lanes....and whens the last time you saw a team of 3 back guys? yeah, thought so...its easier to land a spot on a good team as a back man, but as a front player, you really have to work your *** off to turn heads...Back players just dont turn heads...but yeah Fat people definately ARE nasty at paintball, but its not nesecarily because they're fat (even though i do get a lof of lucky bounces hehehehehe

Lone Wolf2
04-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Well we have 3 back guys and 2 r big but the rest r kinda slim but a tad bit chubby and were all young and have been around and playin for a while together and we usually call the lanes and that stuff and dont rush..But it doesnt take age to be the best or be good.

magking1971
04-24-2003, 07:12 PM
There are two ways to look at this,
1. I was never that good at any other sports but with paintball It seems I am a natural:D
2. We the fat are just that damn good! :D :D

Collegeboy
04-24-2003, 07:18 PM
I am normally pretty good at all sports for my size. Espescially basketball, well as long as I don't mess up my knee doing it.

SyntaxError
04-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
I'm a bigger guy 6'4 300

I'll say...

Heh, I'm 15, but 5'11 143...

That means your like double me:eek:

WickeDKlowN
04-24-2003, 08:06 PM
I'm 15(almost) 5'9" 200lbs. Shoot fast as hell, and I'm pretty damn accurate. Not the best runner tho. If have to, I can, but I don't normally like run that much.

My only prob is I have a small tank(PMI 48/3K) so I can't lay as much paint as I would like to.

Xerces
04-24-2003, 08:18 PM
its obviously because we get exited when people start naming bunkers after food.

Lone Wolf2
04-24-2003, 08:28 PM
we're allways joking with our back-men about taking a can of pringles in one pod pstrap thing and a sub-sandwhich in another and a coke in the other.But its funny some-times.

Blazestorm
04-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Hahaha its the bounces man... I get more bounces than anyone on the field... except more fat people.

but when I'm at the 50 I'll shoot your ***... ofcourse that takes till 10 minutes into the game for em to get there... ;)

nah actually I'm starting to play front more even though I'm 5'10" and like 140-150lb 14years old. I can make it to the 50 if I want to... haha anyway I'm gonna go be a front player now... the fatass mofo who runs to the 50.

WicKeD_WaYz
04-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Collegeboy

No offense but I think you just probably are not that good, for a big person like myself has problems in paintball, especially in the smaller bunkers and the "lightning" fast moves we make.

ive been playing like 7 years... I played the Pan Am circuit for 4 years on AMA's. I consitter myself pretty decent.

My point is that I find fat people more NATURALLY good at paintball. Doesnt mean every fat guy can beat every skinny guy. I'm 6'5" 210 (kind of thin):)

you get the idea

BTAutoMag
04-24-2003, 11:39 PM
the best player at our local field is huskie... he skools everyone

BTAutoMag
04-24-2003, 11:44 PM
BTW, i'm not fat im:
-big boned
-full of life
-fluffy
-thick
-prepared for winter
-(i not i'm) lay the smack down
-padded
-better at oral sex
-oprah
-huskie
-stuffed like a turkey
-ready for baking
-bout to pop

aaron_mag
04-24-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by magking1971
There are two ways to look at this,
1. I was never that good at any other sports but with paintball It seems I am a natural:D

I got to see magking1971 play speedball at the AO Oregon event. First off he is not fat. Now I always was natural at most sports but I am definetely paintball challenged. I watched magking from the dead box and was amazed by his style of speedball play. He doesn't just stay in back laying on the paint but neither do the sprinting and sliding thing. Instead he chooses to move at the right times and moves up on people at a slow and indignant trot! It really pissed me off as I was always out and he was making it look so darn easy!!!:D

Digits
04-25-2003, 04:24 AM
This one guy at a local field was pretty big, and he kicked some major arsh..

Also the first time my dad went (who's kind of fat, but not to fat) kicked some arse to.. He was like playing front n shiz, and then he lit up this skinny guy, lol.. And this was his first time, haha I thought it was funny..

Damn, im tired :(

shartley
04-25-2003, 05:12 AM
Yup, Skinny people are GREAT at paintball! I can list at least 3 skinny people who are fantastic at paintball, so that means skinny people are somehow naturally better at that sport than anyone else…..

Come on people, this is laughable at best, bordering on sad…. Fat people are no more “naturally” better at paintball than anyone else. You are starting to propagate a MYTH no better than one marker shoots farther than another.

For every great fat person who plays paintball, there are dozens if not hundreds of fat people who are NOT good players… same with skinny people, average sized people, tall people, short people, etc.

Good golly………..

magking1971
04-25-2003, 06:35 AM
Shartly your just jelous of our "extra padding":D :rolleyes:
Thanks aaron_mag we need to do that again, I was thinking about putting one on at our field no charge (AO meet)

shartley
04-25-2003, 06:38 AM
Thanks aaron_mag we need to do that again, I was thinking about putting one on at our field no charge (AO meet)
LOL Yeah that is it..... ;)

Collegeboy
04-25-2003, 06:42 AM
Come to think of it I do get a lot of bounces. ;) Even off my hopper. So the fatness spreads to all parts of my equipment too. ;) Forget spidy sense, or any other lame "super" power, just eat and extra Big Mac and go ahead super size those fries. Then you will be great at paintball. ;)

aaron_mag
04-25-2003, 08:30 AM

Do that! That was really fun. Your field is in eastern Washington correct? Give us plenty of notice so we can plan for the trek! This time, however, I don't want all the AO members shooting me out I want to actually get some of them first! If you can guarantee me that I'll be the prince of speedball players at the event I'll come out for sure.:D

WicKeD_WaYz
04-25-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by shartley

Come on people, this is laughable at best, bordering on sad…. Fat people are no more “naturally” better at paintball than anyone else. You are starting to propagate a MYTH no better than one marker shoots farther than another.

hmmm...it may be a myth, but its a Myth I believe :)

I also believe cockers shoots farther than mags.

either way I plan to gain about 100 pounds before next season.;)

WicKeD_WaYz
04-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by shartley

shartley
04-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by WicKeD_WaYz

:D ;)

Hexis
04-25-2003, 02:49 PM
They can make padded clothes against the rules, but they can't outlaw my gut! It's bouncetastic!

<FB>
You can keep your paint, but gimme your babee!

Get in mah belly!
</FB>

Lone Wolf2
04-25-2003, 03:14 PM
TAG's son was runnin to the fifty close to the end of the game and took 10 bounces thanks to his padding.

jdev
04-25-2003, 06:41 PM
just to give everyone an idea whos not familiar with the "plus size" players ;)

http://fallingaway.com/img/my_mag/me_light.JPG

all 6 foot 290 lbs of me

if this was guerilla paintball, would you want me waiting outside your bunker?

;)

magking1971
04-25-2003, 07:42 PM
Prince? sure we will get you a crown and everything:D (I just don't know about that "not shooting you" thing);D
Our field is just 17 miles north of spokane.

aaron_mag
04-25-2003, 08:21 PM
magking-I think you have posted a link to your field website. Could you post it again? Oh and I'll pick up my own burger king crown on my way there....:) That is style!!!!

breg
04-26-2003, 12:54 AM
As a fat kid myself,
I think a lot of it comes from, when we move, no one expects us to, and since we don't move much we focus on shooting as fast as we can.

punkncat
04-26-2003, 08:24 AM
I have noticed with a lot of the heavier guys that instead of making some far off dash for a bunker they might make , they will turn around and rain hell on the other side of the field.Then right as everyone gets in their bunkers and is doing a head count they trot to cover knowing where everyone is.
I also notice many of the heavy guys with oodles of paint and a really fast marker.

BlackHalo
04-26-2003, 12:33 PM

In B.C. Canada, where I play, we call it "Tim Horton's Armour"...I guess in the states it'll be "Krispy Kreme Armor".

FreshmanBob
04-26-2003, 12:52 PM
You guys do realize all the health risks of being over weight right? Not just heart attack but new studies have been comming out showing correlations between too many extra pounds and cancer, the more overweight you are the more at risk you are for a good dozen types of cancer.

I used to be getting more than a little chubby but in the last 10 months or so I've dropped close to 20 pounds, and put on plenty of muscle. The best thing I've found is forcing yourself to have atleast 8 to 10 servings of fruit (depending on how hungry you are GRR!) in addition to vegetables, dairy and grains(dairys been shown to help weightloss, just in moderation tho). The fruit serves to lower your calorie and fat intake and replaces less healthy foods. Do that, stay away from fast food, ice cream, and other obviously fattening things and toss on a good half hour of excersize a day, or more if you like.

Lifting also helps to replace fat with muscle, but it's like anything else, the more you put in the more you get out. I hate to rant and I don't want to sound mean or condescending, but it's not that hard and it's worth the effort.

sharpshooter1286
04-26-2003, 03:00 PM
usually when i go to my favorite field(paintball heaven in bridgewater, ma) when there is a fat guy they really do tear the place up. the waste alot of paint and shoot very fast and usually make good decisions, but stay in the back. sometimes in a woods ball game they will stand straight up in the back when the fighting is real thick, but they dont get hit :confused: lol but it doesnt matter as long as they are on my team:p

Miscue
04-26-2003, 03:04 PM
I think the fat guy is more noticeable. Since he can't run or anything... all he does is shoot... and shoot A LOT.

With 2000 balls in the air... you're bound to hit something. ;)

Fatjon
04-26-2003, 09:54 PM
yea fat people just are fat. I am 15 5'8" and 215lbs. I have noticed my self playing more and more front. I dont know why but i just get to relaxed in the back and dont pay enough atention. Yes i get some bounces. and when im in the snake it takes alot of efort to get to the other end.

magking1971
04-27-2003, 02:09 AM
"Health risks?" Who cares!!;) ;) :D
Eat it like you stole it!!

jdev
04-27-2003, 02:12 AM
hahhha.. thats great.

anyways tho.. being as overweight as i am.. i went on a new diet.

no caffiene, no red meat, and I started taking trim-spa.

yes, the trim spa works, i lost about 22 pounds since feb. and now, those of you who are active (such as playing paintball) and worried about the ephedra alkalides, there is an ephedra free version of trim spa out..

anyways, back to track i think..

yea, im tryin to get a little more healthy and stuff.

starboarder2001
04-27-2003, 12:20 PM
because they got money:D

Sinnet
04-27-2003, 10:04 PM

hahahahaa!

wow, great line

Digits
04-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by starboarder2001

pfft who needs 10's when you've got hundreds :D

jks

Blazestorm
04-27-2003, 11:16 PM
uh dude... thats 550 bucks right there haha

BTAutoMag
04-27-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by starboarder2001

uh youre not that fat

WicKeD_WaYz
04-27-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag

uh youre not that fat

hes just lookin for a way to show off the bills

BTAutoMag
04-27-2003, 11:27 PM
i would too

GreasyPigeon
04-28-2003, 07:11 PM
me i am not fat i am husky says so on my underwear, and i play front, well i am like 5'6 180 or 190.. some where close to that number

DYE_Phreak
04-28-2003, 08:32 PM
They get many bouncers because of the flab.

04-29-2003, 04:45 PM
I am 5'4 like 130lbs I am built for front/tape. :D I know one fat guy whos incredible paintball player.

starboarder2001
05-02-2003, 10:33 PM
I am not fat?

im 5'2 and weigh 300lbs.

GreasyPigeon
05-02-2003, 11:33 PM
starboarder2001 for a fat guy you sure have some skinny arms

Blazestorm
05-02-2003, 11:47 PM
he added stuff to his shirt and pants ahha, that is so fake.

Fat people don't have skinny arms and HUGE legs and belly.

Stop lying yo ;) :D

starboarder2001
05-03-2003, 11:47 AM
lol:p

Reo5th
05-03-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by thedeem0n
Rob Lospennato...Best player in newengland probably weighs a good 350lbs...

EXACTLY who i thought of when I read the title :D

Multi-Colored J
05-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 845
I am 5'4 like 130lbs I am built for front/tape.

Just about the same as me.

Carpecerevisi
05-08-2003, 03:12 AM
I think it's just cuz we have nothing else to do, besides study and mess around on the net and eat and do FB impressions from Austin Powers. As for me, I have the misfortune of being fat AND ugly, so I don't get women. To make up for that, I shoot people. Lots of people. And I'm damn good at that. :D

Fatjon
05-08-2003, 07:52 AM
Fat people rule;)

bojo-master
05-08-2003, 03:46 PM
i dont want to generalize or anything, but all the fat people i know who play are mostly good only because they constently cheat, like this weekend my fat friend was playing against these little reccer kids and got a break right in the top of the head, instaed of calling his butt out he goes in bunkers the poor kid who shot him and says the hit on his head was old. True story.

i think that if people were honest you would fined that fat people wipe at least 25% more then normal people, and when i say fat i mean extremly fat not justy slighlty over wieght.

InfinatyBPS
05-08-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bojo-master
i dont want to generalize or anything, but all the fat people i know who play are mostly good only because they constently cheat, like this weekend my fat friend was playing against these little reccer kids and got a break right in the top of the head, instaed of calling his butt out he goes in bunkers the poor kid who shot him and says the hit on his head was old. True story.

i think that if people were honest you would fined that fat people wipe at least 25% more then normal people, and when i say fat i mean extremly fat not justy slighlty over wieght.

:rolleyes:

WicKeD_WaYz
05-08-2003, 09:55 PM

:::::is still waiting for Shartly to come pick apart this retarded post::::::

Blazestorm
05-08-2003, 11:45 PM
Hahha... that's like saying tall people are better at paintball... cause they're tall.

Fat people don't cheat anymore than anyone else. I see more tourney players cheat more than anyone. I know this guy at my local field... ALWAYS plays on, ask a ref to check him... and he does... doesn't see the hit. I ask the ref again to CHECK HIS PACK. He doesn't... I'm the last one left against like 4... I run to back center to get better angles, and he's at MY center 30 and shoots me once in the arm. I say dude... turn around and show him the hit... and's like whatever...

Than another game I saw a guy with a rental shoot him in the HEAD from across the field and when he goes to move to another bunker (I'm reffing) I go over to tell him he's out, and his friend says "what are you doing..." "He's out, I'm going to go pull him" "He's not out wtf you talkin about" "Look on his head" "That's old" and its bright orange... I'm like wtf... I go over tell him he's out and all his friends say he isn't... I'm like dude... you're out. he finally gets shot again and calls out.

And again... this little kid who's like 12... its 2v5.. I pop out, gog one guy and see this little kid... shoot the little kid in the pack tell the ref to pull him. The ref walks over says it isn't a hit. Well I think he's out so I run around to the back left (I'm at back right) to get better angles again... and he shoots me. I'm like dude WTF! I shot you.

Meh... I live with it, but it still pisses me off. When I get shot in an obvious spot, I check real quick and if I don't see it I continue... if I get shot on my back or pack or something and can't tell I keep playing till a ref calls me out. If its down to a 1v3 or 4, I'm not gonna ask a ref to check me while I get bunkered.

flatacid
05-09-2003, 12:23 AM
speaking as a fat guy (6' 240lb), i will admit to the bounces. it seems like i get home, and when i goto take a shower, i notice all these marks on me. but my cloths are clean. :D

yea. that part about fat people wiping more is stupid. this game was founded around honor. wheres the honor in this game if people wipe. those people dont deserve to play.

also. speaking as a fat guy. we dont all go out with 16+ pods in every game. i play pump, and go out with 150rnds max per game. no pods. where is the fun in shooting alot of paint? plus, i need all the weight savings i can get. :D :cool:

Frank (the spank)
05-11-2003, 12:21 PM
'cause we're deeeeaaad sexxxay!

http://www.realgoodmovies.com/stills/goldmember_fat_bastard.jpg

InfinatyBPS
05-11-2003, 02:57 PM
I lost 15 lbs btw :)

GhillieGuy
05-11-2003, 03:30 PM
Well, i disagree when you say that fat people arent good at anything. I am 15, 5'10, 220+ lbs and i not onley play paintball, but football as well. If any of you watch football you might of seen "Warren Sapp" the big defensive lineman that ways 330+, and he is the Bucs leading player. (not to mension he is fast as heck!!).

cris8762
05-11-2003, 09:34 PM

so because i'm fat, i'm generally more inclined to cheat:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: i never knew that about myself...........must i review this again:

Steps for posting
1. Think
2. Type
3. Think again
4. Click "submit reply"
5. Breathe

Frank (the spank)
05-12-2003, 01:21 AM
hmm... so anyways, wheres a good place to get a paintball jersey and pants for the big and tall? lol

magking1971
05-12-2003, 07:07 PM
A big and tall store for paintball stuff, hmmmmm.........

SyntaxError
05-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Heh, this thread is really funny considering I'm like the skinniest baller EVER...

When I met Red from Redz Comfort, he asked me if I was from Ethiopia lol...