PDA

View Full Version : AO techs @ turnys

rtslave
04-24-2003, 05:32 PM
I don't want to get flamed over this, but I was wondering why AO wouldn't have a tech at a major turny? I know every little about tournament paintball, but when I was at NPPL Vegas there were techs from all the other manufactures working on players markers, was this just a sponser thing, or just a perk for haveing that brand. I saw that the pros had their own team techs, but it seemed like a cool thing, that they would work on a marker, from a PR point of view. I know they do this in MX racing, you don't have to factory sponcered to get some tech support from the factory guys. Is there something I'm missing..

AGD
04-24-2003, 06:41 PM
Well we would be there if at least some of the pros used our stuff. You will see us at Am Open and other tournies like the Ultimate Madness.

AGD

rtslave
04-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Like I said, I am completly new to turny pb but it seems like all the tournements have all the levels of players; maybe if more people thaught they would have some support they would buy your product or maybe you don't care to increase sales and keep things alittle more down to earth (which is actually why I bought a mag)I do belive in the AGD slogan. Like I said I was just courious.

xadamx
04-24-2003, 08:32 PM
tom: im sure once you guys start pumping out xmags like nobodys business a lot more pros will be using AGDs stuff! last tourny i was at only a few of the teams werent using warps. AGD is coming back in a big way i predict :)

BlackVCG
04-24-2003, 08:37 PM
AGD has appeared at all of these tournaments before. The fact is, until now, AGD didn't have a lightweight, "pretty" gun that all of the tournament players want.

Therefore, you have a handful of AGD products at the upper-level tournaments and it's not enough to justify AGD traveling across the country to make an appearance. I'd be more than willing to bet that the lack of AGD Tech support at these tournaments will not affect the purchasing decision of a significant amount of people.

BlackVCG
04-24-2003, 08:40 PM
The X-Mag will never be a gun that you see in mass amounts at big tournaments. It's their flagship marker and they will never speed up the manufacturing process to produce more units.

AGD just needs to start selling E-Mags with ULE bodies, rails, and gripframes in a multitude of colors and milling designs for around 800-900 and then they'll have a competitive product that teams will start dumping their Angels and Timmy's for...

Kevmaster
04-24-2003, 10:33 PM
I go to all the CFOA (Carolina Field Owners Association) events as AGD Tech. Woo! Me! Woo!

(Psst: Tom, you need to start paying me)

rtslave
04-24-2003, 11:45 PM
Just as an example, went to a NPPL turny with my bro.-in-law
who is 12yrs old. and what does he see, everybody shooting Angels, Timmy's or Cockers, when he left that turny what do you think he wants. Auto racing has been doing this for 50 years "race on Sunday sell on Monday", even I would concider getting an Angel as my primary turn. marker because I know if something goes wrong with it, there would be someone who would fix it; that ws always a big drawback for me in purchacing an elecro, I was always worried about it breaking down and haveing to send it in to get fixed, altough Tom has kinda solved that prob. AGD elctros go back to being just an R/T. (I'll take that anyday!!!!)and like I said earlier I love AGD and really wouldn't trade my R/T for anything including an Angel (ok maybe an X-mag.. Keep up the good work Tom...