PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with ANS bolt

Starfire
07-12-2001, 08:10 PM
Hey everyone, I recently got the ANS foamie bolt for my RT pro and, bad news, it made it totaly reactive like the Tippmann RT, This I did not want because now its illeagle in tournaments and my local field HELP! anyone know anything I can do to bring it back to its Semi auto state?

mykroft
07-12-2001, 08:15 PM
Put a stock bolt back on it, the AGD bolts are still the best.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mag:
CF11023
Classic Feed
16" CP .689
14" JnJ Stainless
Ring trigger
WGP Reg.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

Accuracy By Volume is not the answer

Starfire
07-12-2001, 08:17 PM
doh, guess I just blew 30 bucks then, good thing I got it cheap lol, Ill keep it around for when me and my friends go play at his field.

FeelTheRT
07-12-2001, 08:32 PM
yep u did waste some dough. aftermarket bolts r usless. stick with your stock bolt.

Army
07-12-2001, 09:05 PM
We need to put this in Tech Tips http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

jimmyjobob
07-13-2001, 10:46 PM
tolerance issues. have had the same thing happen on more than one occasion. the ans bolts seem to wear faster. toss it.....go stock

Blue 88
07-14-2001, 09:00 AM
If you really want a venturi bolt get one by 32 degrees. I have had one in my 'gun for sometime now and it seems to be holding out niceley.

I carry an extra bolt with me in my parts kit just in case. Now a few weeks ago I lost the foamie off the '32 bolt just before a practace. So I figured I'd just put the ANS bolt in there because it had a foamie on it and i lost my spares. Anyway we were doin some quick one on ones on and twords the end of the practace i started to chop pritty bad. After the practace i took the gun apart and found that the Bolt was completley chewed out after roughley 500 shots. You're problom is you're bolt is chewed up, so its jumping of the sear and not being caught all the way causing the extra reactiveness you're talking about and probly a good deal of choping too.

jewie27
12-30-2003, 01:27 AM
Do yourself a favor and "deposit your ANS bolt in the nearest waste recepticle". Then buy a LEVEL 10 Superbolt II Low Impact Kit from AGD.