PDA

View Full Version : Rob mabey you can help

Gambit1106
07-11-2001, 01:31 PM
Someone on here said you were working on a setup for powering the revy and warp from the e-mag batt. Any insight and suggestions are appreciated, I figure if they let me work on millions of dollars of fiber optic equipment I could figure this out. I just don't want to fry something. Thanks.

Darren

[This message has been edited by Gambit1106 (edited 07-11-2001).]

RobAGD
07-12-2001, 12:51 AM
I am working on something but right now I am have a small problem knocking down teh 18v to the warp.

running 18v to the Revy is no big deal it can do the regulation but spinning the Warp with 18v is bad... way way too fast.

I want to make a small converter or reducer from 18 v to 12 to stuff in teh Warp battery compartment abd use 9v snaps to connect everything.

I need someone that know how to build the pcb stuff becuse I am a moron when it comes to that stuff...

-Robert

bornl33t
07-12-2001, 01:02 AM
ever get a hold of one of those IN car lights. I mean the neon type. I have a set of the mini tubes that went bad... I proptly took apart the adapter and guess what... there are 2 min transformers in there!!
I betcha one of them would work!!
A car runs 12v into it I'm shure that 18V wouldn't hurt it... anyone wanna prove me wrong? PS the lights I'm talking about www.liteglow.com (http://www.liteglow.com)

Gambit1106
07-12-2001, 05:52 AM
Let me see what I can come up with. You just want it to drop to 12v or in that range?

mykroft
07-12-2001, 08:02 AM
Heat: only one problem, transformers only work with AC current, you need to regulate the voltage down. Check the datasheet on a LM7812 Voltage regulator, the default application cct should work for you Rob, if not, get in touch, I'll build you a quicky cct for it.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mag:
CF11023
Classic Feed
16" CP .689
14" JnJ Stainless
Ring trigger
WGP Reg.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

Accuracy By Volume is not the answer

Gambit1106
07-12-2001, 08:45 AM
mykroft: How big is the voltage reg? I have been talking to people here at work and we are trying to come up with something but not getting to far. We are all saying the same thing a volt reg for DC, but where can you get one about the size of 2 9v batteries.

zads27
07-12-2001, 02:45 PM
I'm working on my project E-mag now,
Warp feed instructions say no more than 12v.. someone ran 18v and fried something on theirs.

I'll give you my results when I'm done.

mykroft
07-12-2001, 02:53 PM
Full reg on PCB, with caps should be smaller than 1 9V, anything that will run off a 9V shouldn't even need a heatsink, as it draws very little curent, think less than 1A, probably around 500mA (guesstimate)

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mag:
CF11023
Classic Feed
16" CP .689
14" JnJ Stainless
Ring trigger
WGP Reg.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

superfreak
07-13-2001, 02:25 PM
Look to go from 18v to 12v it is not hard you only need two 1n219 diodes and a 12v cap with a small adjustable pot that will take it down.This is the cheap way you could use a transformer but you will need more components which will take space you don't have. I can setup a little schematic to show you how to put it all on the board.Let me know

Gambit1106
07-14-2001, 08:28 AM
Superfreak if you don't mind that would be great. I have a general idea of what I need but I'm not 100% sure.

Drizit
07-14-2001, 10:03 AM
i know someone who can design the system you are looking for but he needs to know exactly what the draw from the warp is. if anyone who knows for sure can tell me how meany Amps it uses i can get it setup for you.

------------------
MicroMag Phase 1
S/N GFX001489
Custom ring trigger
MaxFlow 68/3000

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

mykroft
07-14-2001, 10:09 AM
Drizit: no worries, I used to do this for a living, Warp will draw <1A probably around 500mA from battery life estimates.

Superfreak: transformer won't work, not AC current, also you should be able to do it with 1 zener diode and a pot, no need for 2 diodes. but the LM7812 and 2 cap's is easiest to build.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mag:
CF11023
Classic Feed
16" CP .689
14" JnJ Stainless
Ring trigger
WGP Reg.
Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

[This message has been edited by mykroft (edited 07-14-2001).]

donggie
10-13-2001, 05:17 PM
I am trying to do this:
Depending on how much electronics knowledge you have you could try wiring a 9v Zener Diode in Paralell with the Motor and then a 1k resistor in series with Motor Diode.

_________Resistor______
|.........|...............................|
[M]....Diode......................Battery
|____ |_______________ |

The dots are there just to keep the line in place and the [M] is the Motor.

Which I found on another post. It did not seem to work for me. Not sure if the resistor is in the right place. also don't know the positives and negatives in the equation and diaagram. could you shed some light on it. Is it correct? Will this set up work? done correctly? You mentioned about another method that might be easier. Please let me know how to do either of the ways so that I may try it. I would appreciate any and all assistance you might provide.

Thanks,

Don