PDA

View Full Version : Clifford Matrix RS3

Cliffio
04-25-2003, 01:48 AM
I'm thinking about getting a Clifford Matrix RS3, only because I can get one for $180 bucks and get it installed for about $150. (New and not off ebay, from an actual store:))

I do know that this is a $500 system, so the price is right, but I want to know is it really what its cracked up to be?

I've tried to look at some reviews online but they all seem to be hype and no info.

If anyone has one or knows anything about them, please post it.

thanks!!!

Cliff

this is going on a new eddie b. expedition.

http://www.clifford.com/products/images/2way.gif

http://www.adelcom.net/CLIFFORD-matrixRS3.JPG

Cliffio
04-25-2003, 01:13 PM
nothing huh

well thats a bust

Mango
04-25-2003, 04:26 PM
A friend has one! It's awsome. Only sometimes, for no reason, his remote shuts off and resets itself. We think its some kind of radio interferance. Otherwise, it's pretty snazzy. :)

Cliffio
04-25-2003, 04:30 PM
yeah i kinda thought about that, since it is a two way remote or whatever, it could have problems with interferience(sp) but i was assured that it shouldnt be a problem

Gitaroo Man
04-25-2003, 04:57 PM
what does it do?

Mango
04-25-2003, 05:08 PM
Yeah, his has only done that 3 times in the almost 6 months he's had it (he is a professional installer for Tweeter Etc.) and he has talked to the engineers from Clifford about it, they assured him that it was purely a freak occurence, but that it is sometimes inevitable and in no way effects the vehicles security. It uses 2.4GHz technology with the digital spread spectrum and rolling code so it can't be traced either. Clifford makes the BEST stuff out there.

GT
04-25-2003, 11:38 PM
Cliff,
I will be totally honest. I have bud's, and soon to be myself, that have easly 10g's under the hood or in beat inside our cars. Guess what only one of us has actually had are car broken into. Guess what? It was the car with the alarm. Personaly I would go alarmless unless you get a big insurance discount. More than likely you wont be adding big money for beat or a blower so if it does get stolen insurance will take care of you alarm or not.

jb:cool:

Cliffio
04-25-2003, 11:50 PM
i am getting ready to drop around 5 or 6 grand into it, so less than 200 bucks for a high end security system seems like a good thing to do, the money isnt an issue, i wanted to know if the system was good

GT
04-26-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Cliffio
i am getting ready to drop around 5 or 6 grand into it, so less than 200 bucks for a high end security system seems like a good thing to do, the money isnt an issue, i wanted to know if the system was good

best securtiy system

you+garage+shotgun. I have a bud who sleeps with a shotgun, anyone gets close to the civic booooommm!

Cliffio
04-26-2003, 12:04 AM
well my apartment complex doesnt have a garage, another good reason to get one

but i deffinatly dont feel like having my $6000 rims stolen, so 200 bucks is nothing for that

Cliff

GT
04-26-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Cliffio
but i deffinatly dont feel like having my $6000 rims

what did you get?

I live in some nice apts in the med center. One guy just bought a new porsche carrera(sp) and the guy across the hall added a H2 to his dubbed out jag, and we have garages so that is where my 'toy' sits.

jb

Cliffio
04-26-2003, 12:15 AM
Lowenhart LS1's