PDA

View Full Version : getting pb netting for field

dfs
04-25-2003, 11:35 AM
due to a pesky neighbor that is looking for a reason for a lawsuit, im going to install paintball netting on my field. my question is for those who have previous experience setting the netting up. do you have any recommendations as to a specific brand? i found the two dealers below:

http://www.springfieldpaintball.com/stoppernetting.asp

http://www.paintballnetting.com/

has anybody ordered from them? how does the stuff stand up to uv/weather? some are advertised as coming with “tape and grommets”. what does this mean?

cphilip
04-25-2003, 02:59 PM
One of those two links is here in Greenville SC. And its a side shoot of Paintball Inc. Believe it or not and not widely known they are part owners of it and exclusive rights to the paintball part of the business. Paintball Inc can do you good on that netting.

askman
04-25-2003, 03:26 PM
tape and grommet . Tape is edge tape. possibly also used in corners. grommet is for tying it to post.

generally, UV treated nyron will last about 5 years exposed to element. still, you should contact the manufacturer, as they will have data on life.

Kevmaster
04-25-2003, 06:02 PM
My field uses Paintball Inc's netting (sold through Warrior Sports Gear). its the same netting used at the IAO, World Cup, NPPL, and others. Great netting. we have the 12' high, but in hindsight, I wish we had gone with the 20'

Great netting. If you need a sales rep to get stuff from, PM me and I'll give you a name and contact info

Fastkid
04-25-2003, 06:54 PM
Is your field in your backyard or something?

TheJester
04-25-2003, 09:31 PM
the grommeting takes for ever

dfs
04-25-2003, 10:17 PM
thanks for the info guys. im going to call the paintball inc folks when i get a little closer to having all the $$$.

fastkid - sort of. its on my moms land. she got a few acres out in the middle of nowhere. but there is this hippie idiot that found a paintball on his land and thinks im polluting the universe. and there is no reasoning with him. he caused lots of problems for my family beyond my paintball field and i rather just build a 40 ft brick wall alond the property line. but i cant afford that so im netting my field.