PDA

View Full Version : Adding shims to PMI Tank Reg Spring Pack

HYPER
04-25-2003, 06:38 PM
OK Mods,

hope I dont get a slap on the wrist on this one. I currently have another thread similar to this in the tech forum. If you feel the need to delete this then do so.

Anyways, I have a newer PMI tank, wanted more reactiveness on my Micro-E so was thinking of adding shims to the PMI tank spring pack. I have the newer PMI tank (5/02 Hydro) with setscrews on the side to easily spill the internals. On the reg piston on there where the spring pack lies, there looks to be enough room to slip a washer or 2 to add more required distance for thepiston seal to travel.

Burst disc on the low pressure side is rated at 1800 psi, so I dont think theres anything immediate that will blow (unless anyone else can think of). If the set output is at 850, Im thinking of setting it at maybe 1000 or 1100. No more then that, dont wanna get too greedy. Only downside I can see from this is that the reg seal may wear out a lil prematurely, but maybe not that much.

Just wanted everyone's $0.02.

LMK All. Much Mahalos in advance.

-HYPER

Brak
04-25-2003, 07:19 PM
i think its a bad idea. there are probably only that many for a reason, and i think its best left alone. also, 850 is recommended as tops for automag input, and you could risk hurting your mag (even worse than your tank) putting more psi into it like that. anythi over 1000 could blow a seal in a mag if its under that much pressure for long

HYPER
04-25-2003, 07:34 PM
There has been one other person in this forum that has done this to his crossfire. It brought the pressure to 1000 and he said he liked it alot. Im not too sure if anything bad has happened.

Also, arent there many here with adjustables that breech the 1000 psi input pressure limit? I have heard of many using flatlines and maxflos to attain 1200 psi inputs.

LMK All.

-HYPER