PDA

View Full Version : Who wants the "One Battery World"?

Evil Bob
04-25-2003, 06:58 PM
Just as the title says, I'm looking for the total number of those who would be interested in buying this drop in mod and what you would be willing to pay for it.

For those who don't know what it is, it is a drop in voltage regulator module that allows you to power your HALO B/TE and your Warp Feed (if you have one) from your Emag/Xmag battery.

If you don't own a HALO, please don't vote, I'm looking for HALO owners.

-Evil Bob

*EDIT* Sorry about the huge pic, I reduced it to make the thread easier to read.

rehme
04-25-2003, 07:09 PM
do you just hook up a wire going to the halo from the emag batterie

WARPED1
Sold the HALO. Got a Reloader, so no reason to wire it, so I voted no.

Evil Bob
The poll is multiple choice, if you select "Yes" then please also select the price you would pay for it.

-Evil Bob

Evil Bob
04-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob
If you don't own a HALO, please don't vote, I'm looking for HALO owners.

-Evil Bob

Originally posted by WARPED1
Sold the HALO. Got a Reloader, so no reason to wire it, so I voted no.

I'm glad everyone can follow instructions :)

-Evil Bob

Evil Bob
04-25-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by rehme
do you just hook up a wire going to the halo from the emag batterie

Yes, if I were to package and sell this it would include all the necessary wiring for both the Emag/Xmag and the Warp Feed.

-Evil Bob

Major Ho
04-25-2003, 07:24 PM
Whoops, before the pics loaded I voted for 25 but clearly all the wiring and fancy stuff it is worth more. I cant vote twice but Ill state that I vote that I'd buy it for ~$50. Ill definetely be looking to purchase this in the near future.

WARPED1
04-25-2003, 07:48 PM
I'm a former HALO owner, if this was a standard accessory, I'd go HALO again, sorry I missed the "HALO owners only" thing, my bad:( .

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
04-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Can I see a completly set-up pic of it? (I wanna see how many wires hang out, if it is really clean I may pay for it)

I might get a HALO for my X..(when i get it :rolleyes: )

FalconGuy016
04-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Looks like a really good idea to get rid of the battery weight

BobTheCow
04-25-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Looks like a really good idea to get rid of the battery weight
Damn, beat me to it...

And yeah I'm with CoFFeY[NiTrO] on seein a "cleaniness" pic, but it sounds like a really good idea... would you HAVE to have warp feed though?? I was assuming no, but my assumptions have landed me in bad places before. :eek:

Halliday
04-25-2003, 10:32 PM
I don't own a HALO, but I voted anyway because if I could get a mod like this I would buy a HALO!

Mantis
04-25-2003, 10:53 PM
I voted for $50, and I think that would be close to the limit... but who am I kidding? If it worked really good I'd probably pay more, just complain about it :)
Also, do you have any figures on how quickly this uses up the battery with 3 things running off it? Normal E-Mag battery is 20,000 shots right? How many can we expect with a Warp and HALO running?

FooTemps
04-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Didn't AGD invision the EMAG to be in the one battery world in the first place?

Russ
04-26-2003, 12:27 AM
Evil Bob,

That's some real nice work you did with that mod (I know, you got the idea from Rob) This is also the kind of product that just makes me buy...I love "gadgets"

My concerns,

#1 having extra wires dangling over the gun
#2 getting paint in the sockets

I don't have Warp Feed, and would prefer a unit with no sockets or on/off switch, rather just run the power leads into a small hole drilled into the HALO's battery cover.

I wish I weren't so "electronically challenged" I would build one myself...

Well, I vote "YES", and $25, because I would like a simplified unit.

Hexis
04-26-2003, 09:51 AM
That's more something I personally would do myself. I am also a non warp user, so it's a far simpler thing to just power the Halo off the Emag battery than do both.

Oddball
04-26-2003, 10:24 AM
Well after seeing the other thread I know I will a Halo for my new gun so I am a future halo owner. I voted for $50 but I feel the same as a few others that don't use warps. I would only need one connecter with the 9v reg just to power Halo so maybe for that mod it should be $25-$30.

WarBUCKs
04-26-2003, 06:21 PM
I really like this idea. I said I would pay up to 50 bones for something like this. After reading your other post, building the mod for around 20 bucks doesn't leave much cash for profit and labor if you are only getting 25 bucks for it.

If this product never made it to the market to sell, I would then buy the schematics from you for around 10 dollars and then do it myself.

:)

Evil Bob
04-28-2003, 12:36 PM
If I cant get it cheaply produced commercially, I'll post the schematics here. The problem I'm running into is the local chop shops are looking to run a minimum of 250-500 units in order to get the price down around the $50 range per unit. Labour here in Silicon Valley sucks :(

-Evil Bob

FutureMagOwner
04-28-2003, 05:26 PM
me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want me want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much??? how much??? how much??? how much??? how much??? how much??? how much??? how much??? how much???

:D i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want!!!

always looking to make my gun lighter