PDA

View Full Version : creepy mag problem...

litestab
04-25-2003, 07:21 PM
today i was playing and at the end of the day my bolt got stuck forward, then the air starting rushing out of the front of my barrel, i have an intelliframe and when i pulled the trigger down, the air stopped leaking and resumed leaking when i let the trigger go. i held the trigger down and unscrewed the tank, then tried to pull my barrel out and it looked like the bolt was STUCK in my barrel ( smart parts AA ) i had to dissasemble the entire gun to pull the thing out, anyone know why this happened? the nitro tank was almost empty, but when itried it with my co2 tank it still happens until i took it apart. i have a classic automag valve. thanks

Remington
04-25-2003, 07:43 PM
I've heard of compatibility problems with AA barrels and Automag bolts. I think I recall reading somewhere that all you need to do is sand some of the inside of your barrel(where the bolt goes in) and it should be fine. If you don't want to do that, try talking with one of the techs and see what he says. Good luck.

rehme
04-25-2003, 09:31 PM
well first of all do you have LX or L7

Russ
04-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Russ' Tech rant for the evening...

When you have an issue with your gun, please post ALL the relvant info, right up front!

litestab
04-25-2003, 10:56 PM
thanks russ.
anyway, i have a level 7 and i am currently thinking of switching to a lapco barrel. any idea why this happened though or if it will happen again

Russ
04-26-2003, 12:13 AM
Sounds like it could be "Bolt Stick" (that's when the bolt moves forward, and gets "stuck" there) If you push the bolt back with a squeegee, does it reset? If so, I would try the next size longer power tube spacer.

The air stopped coming out when you hold the trigger back because the sear pushes the on/off pin into the "off" position. releasing the trigger turns the air in the valve back "on".

Unfortunately, you'll need to buy a power tube spacer kit to try that.

litestab
04-26-2003, 10:15 AM
what exactly is a power tube space kit? i mean i've seen them but what do they do
russ where is thompson in CT, i'm in BPT/shelton area

Russ
04-26-2003, 10:23 AM
i've seen them but what do they do They fine-tune the power tube O-ring, so the gun doesn't leak down the barrel, or have bolt stick...

where is thompson north-east corner

FlipShot
04-26-2003, 11:03 PM
I'm using a oldschool AA with a level 7 and have'nt run into any bolt-stick problems yet, do you know what size spacer your using right now? open up your power tube, remove the spacer ( brass ring under the power tube tip ) and read what the number on the side is.

Cristobal
04-27-2003, 10:58 AM
If the bolt is stuck forward in the barrel, that makes it sound like it had already cleared the power tube o-ring.

If that's the case, then what kind of nubbins are you using on your barrel? My guess would be that they had something to do with your bolt getting stuck. Old-style wire nubbins have been known to get caught between the bolt and the barrel and cause the blot to get stuck in the barrel. I haven't heard of any issues with the new plastic nubbins.

litestab
04-27-2003, 11:29 AM
flip shot, i'm using the stock one that came with the gun, i never even opened the valve up, im getting a new barrel soon i hope this helps ( lapco )