PDA

View Full Version : Pretty birds.... vicous!

Will Wood
04-25-2003, 07:29 PM
They are called sunbirds I think.. You say you want one. Then they all fly over to you and start to attack you. You got one with a death-bite on your ear, one trying to get in your shirt, and a bunch nibbling on your fingers.
The one that had my ear, a staff member said, got really vicous at asactly 5:00 everday. The other ones were not really but, just kind nibbling. But the one on my ear! It was on there for at least 10 minutes (after 5 minutes it switched ears). I was tried to get it off but didn't want to hurt it, but I did manage to get its beak off me once, without taking out a chunk of my ear with him, but then it made a grab with its claw and stayed on as I pulled him away. I just said the heck with it and let everyone laugh at me because he was eating my ear.

Yea..kinda pointless post.. but just wondering if anyone else has had bad experiences with birds? (This was at the Avairy in Busch Gardens)

FalconGuy016
04-25-2003, 07:56 PM
Are these your birds?

Miscue
04-26-2003, 02:55 PM
There were sparrows that lived on my house. They would do this tag team thing and attack me when I mowed the lawn. I put on a brimmed hat and that worked out. Then I realized that they were pecking at my dog too... but they would fly much more frequent sorties... back and forth attacks. I didn't want them to peck her eyes out or something... so my 10 year old Daisy Powerline with a 4x scope came out of retirement. They don't bother us anymore. :D

Used to have roadrunners on top of my house in New Mexico... they would do aerial raids too...