PDA

View Full Version : Getting your trigger to Runaway

HYPER
04-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Im at a crossroads guys. When were tinkering with my gun last nite in hybrid, we finally got my Micro-E to runaway in hybrid at command. There were no words to express how we both felt... and the jealousy my friend had since he didnt have an E-Mag. The trigger would easily fire my 16 bps cap upon command.

Usually we would always slowly pull the trigger just on the border where the HES magnets would trigger the hall, then the gun would fire and the sear rod would knock the trigger back. Now instead, we just pull the trigger all the way back (like we're pre-loading a slingshot) then slowly release and the gun would just run off like crazy.

Many say that this bad and its like a disease for the RT's true purpose. If thats so, then you can keep the cure away from me. Im plenty happy now. One thing Im wondering (I am gonna do more and more trials on this) is if its the hybrind combo, or just the all natural reactive trigger doing the work. If the trigger is pulled all the way back, then the Hall is not being triggered. I need to do more testing. If the hybrid is not even involved, then I may sell my microe and get a basic rt.

What I wanted know is how most of you get into runaway mode. Whether it be with an E- or non E mag. I wanna know if all the sweetspots are all the same. Or, if INVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY.

There are also some other things i wanna do to help increase the reactivity:

1) Increase output pressure of PMI tank by adding shim/washers to internal reg spring pack.

2) file down on.off pin a tad (will this help in hybrid, Im guessing not since the solenoid is what pulls and disengages the trigger... maybe this mod will help with battery efficiency.

3) use a smaller lvl 10 spring. This will require a lower velocity/presure setting making the pressure differential greater. May make the bolt travel more harsh on paint, but I have never chopped paint yet. Not sure if this will work (will help gas efficiency) but wont hurt to try.

LMK what you all think.

-HYPER

darklord
04-25-2003, 07:51 PM
#1 will increase trigger reactivity, #2 will increase sweetspotting.... you damage your gun by doing "runaway". After doing these modifications and playing a few games with runaway, I forsee you posting a thread asking for our help on a damaged gun....

rehme
04-25-2003, 07:54 PM
yeah i can get my rt to runaway by loosing the carrier in my LX but you can hear a very faint leak and i really dont like it doing it but my rt will shoot 2 times but i try to fire once and i have not noticed any extra ware on the sear or bolt

Ultimator
04-25-2003, 07:56 PM
Not to mention, I have heard of many problems with Micro E sears. I foresee your gun blowing up and taking out a few people along with yourself :)

Mossman
04-25-2003, 09:28 PM
You'll be fine. They can take it :)

I don't know what to tell you about whether you're getting mechanical shooting and E-shooting. Only you can figure that out by paying extreme attention to your trigger pull with the gun infront of you.

Aint emags great though? :)

Cryer
04-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Ultimator
Not to mention, I have heard of many problems with Micro E sears. I foresee your gun blowing up and taking out a few people along with yourself :)
Yeah, what he said.
So you should probably get rid of it. I can help you in that effort. If it meant saving your life and the lives of those around you, I would gladly take your 'micro death machine' off your hands...;) :p

HYPER
04-25-2003, 10:12 PM
guys,

just went through 2 68 4500 tanks. one without paint, one with. i havent done any of the mods yet, just playing around with the sweetspot. seems like the electronics are not assisting in the run away at all although my fried says that electrnoic hybrid makes it easier. We burnt (well actually recylcled paint by shooting the paint into a catch bed sheet and reusing)almost 1/2 a case. My ricochet was at its limit. there were alot of lvl 10 venting, whenever the ball stopped it would completely interrupt the rt runaway rhythym. hopper can easily be emptied in around 15 secs (now i know why god made the halo). the stream of paint was very defined.

i belive butterfingers got his rt to fire like 25+ cps. He claimed that his setup did not include touching the sear, pin, or output presure. intersting, wonder when hes gonna let the secret out of the bag. for some reason, my gun was given the gift, and i dont know how i got it. i may want to sell my micro-e to get a plain micro rt. however i dont wanna lose this ability. im thinking (also from other testimonials here) the regular rt is more reactive than the micro-e or e-mag. I thinking its because the sear assembly has to force more mass on the return cycle. the e-mag assembly has a larger assembly, also has to move the solenoid plunger along with the trigger. while a normal rt only has the trigger as resistance.

im gonna get another fill, fire my gun with the solenoid detached to lower the assembly mass. If there is more reactiveness, you can expect a nice shiny black micro-e to be in the classifeds and ebay.

how true is it that runaway damages the sear and bolt? this is really need to research on, i dont wanna have to keep buying new lvl 10 bolts and sears every few months.

LMK ALL.

-HYPER

BajaBoy
04-25-2003, 10:39 PM
how true is it that runaway damages the sear and bolt? this is really need to research on, i dont wanna have to keep buying new lvl 10 bolts and sears every few months.

try maybe every 7-10k cycles, maybe even less. But can i ask you/all something? Hybrid is electronics on, but in the "mech" mode? (set on manual with yellow pin out?) when ever i do it its not reactive at All, the trigger just bounces around slowly. My full mech mode is alot more reactive.

ok well im tired and ill bet some of this doesnt make sence. :rolleyes:

Butterfingers
04-26-2003, 01:20 AM
The RT was at 21 bps with the largest mainspring and tightest L10 spacer. The bolt would stop on hellfire repeatedly. And the gun never leaked. 850 input. Lets see if you can get the cat out of the bag. Start mixing and matching parts from all guns in the AGD family eventually you will end up with the right combination.

http://paintball.butters.org

Yeah Ive been away for a while... busy at school trying to graduate...

Miscue
04-26-2003, 01:22 AM
Long time no see.

Classes must be tough...

Butterfingers
04-26-2003, 01:23 AM
yeah trying to get into USC they want internships and other stuff

This board is just so addicting, its like a pringle once you pop you cant stop. I needed to do work.

Heck I havent even played paintball in about 6 months, im a wreck miscue!

Dayspring
04-26-2003, 02:08 AM
Well, one of my teammates had his gun setup for runaway in Hybrid. Snapped 2 trigger rods at the threads in the process.

FYI.