PDA

View Full Version : Is this legal?

gimp
04-26-2003, 08:04 PM
This happend when I was playing today. We were playing on a supair field. Some guy was playing really tight in a large stand up bunker. Someone on the other team ran to the same bunker, unaware that someone was on the other side. He hit the bunker pretty hard when he ran at it, and the guy on the other side when flying. He fell on his butt and got shot a lot. Is it legal to run into a bunker to bump the guy off the other side?

SlipknotX556
04-26-2003, 08:07 PM
I dont think he meant to make the other guy fly. But if that was his intension, no its not legal.

frost
04-26-2003, 08:09 PM
lolol im sure it is but its funny and if it is legal id
use it

FalconGuy016
04-26-2003, 08:11 PM
lol!!! I want to see that happen :)

SirOssis
04-26-2003, 08:48 PM
yes it is illegal. Not sure if that has its own rule or if its under altering the bunker.

Ghengis
04-26-2003, 09:35 PM
Oh no .. next we have recruiters that takes in Tacklers from football team for paintball tourneys. ARGHHHHHhh

-G

IcantBelieveit
04-26-2003, 10:04 PM
no its not legal, if i am correct, i dont think you can deform the bunker in anyway with your body

TheJester
04-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by IcantBelieveit
no its not legal, if i am correct, i dont think you can deform the bunker in anyway with your body

then why is it legal to push your gun into it to "dodge" incoming shots, you're deforming it, quite a bit too, w/ your gun, arm, and shoulder sometimes too

IcantBelieveit
04-26-2003, 10:16 PM
look if your playin rec ball, yea nobody is gonna call you on it...but if you playin NPPL tourney then yea, its illegal

gimp
04-26-2003, 10:24 PM
I guess 'you cannot alter a bunker' would cover it. When the person runs into the bunker, and someone is on the other side leaning on it, the bunker doesn't move. All the energy goes into the guy leaning on it, who goes flying. The bunker isn't 'altered' any more than it would be if both the players were leaning against it at the same time. Or, like thejester said, when you push your barrel into the bunker.

goat
04-26-2003, 10:57 PM
Its called Marshmallowing and as said earlier in NPPL and Most other tourney series it is not legal, But on the Rec field it can be very effective:D.
just be careful because you can really send someone flying.
Goat

demonguy8
04-27-2003, 02:28 AM
Everywhere/one Ive heard just said "bounce/bouncing/bounced" somone out of a bunker but marshmallowing sounds alot cooler and cant be confused with haveing a ball bounce...

Its most definatly illegal. And quite dangerous since its quite easy to throw your gun or your mask when being blown back like that.. Some leagues have specific rules against this (al la NCPA).. In NPPL I believe it constitutes physical contact between players, rather than manipulation of the field but dont quote me on that...

Heres the NCPA Rules for those interested:

12.4.6.5 Deliberately making contact with a bunker with the objective of bouncing an opposing player out of the bunker.

This counts under the GROSS catagory of penalties and as such

12.0.3 A gross penalty will result in the elimination of the offending player and the assessment of a 50 point penalty. Any team which receives a second gross penalty during the course of a tournament will receive an additional 50 point penalty, for a total of 100 points for that penalty. Any team which receives a third gross penalty in the course of a tournament will forfeit all points and be ejected from the tournament.

-Jason of ISU Redbirds

One more thing.. the player being marshmallowed: should be immediatly called nuetral and wiped clean by the ref when he gets back up, the player doing the marshmallowing should be elimated immediatly..

xLoHungWangx
04-27-2003, 09:54 AM
My cousin ws telling me that he played in a big tournament once, the name slips my mind, and this one team started doing that and it caught on. He played a long time ago, so I don't know if that's where it originated or not. But at one point it must have been legal because he said the other team didn't get called on it.

punkncat
04-27-2003, 10:42 AM
If it is not legal to "alter" a bunker in any way , then why is everyone using 14" barrels to push the air bunkers out of the way? I know this is legal cause you see it at every airball game you go to.
Seems to me that if the officiating groups are going to make such rules , that they should make it uniform.
I have been blasted from, about 3 inches by a guy pushing back the air bunker.There was no call made on him for altering the bunker , so I think next time I am in that situation , I am gonna give the ole "marshmellow" a try.

xLoHungWangx
04-27-2003, 02:24 PM
With that situation it's all depends on how the rule is taken. Moving a bunker with your barrel is a bit different then running straight into the bunker or physically moving it. I think it's all the way you interpret the rule.

50 cal
04-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Sorry all....but it has to be pretty funny to see it happen.:D

xrancid_milkx
04-27-2003, 08:20 PM
A short 4 or 5 slide gif image of that happening would make a great "OWNED!" signature pic:rolleyes:

eric
04-27-2003, 09:38 PM
There is no rule against "altering" a bunker.
The millenium series does have a rule where if you move a bunker from its pegs you are eliminated, but that seems like a stupid rule because the ties break of all the time on certain types of feilds.

There are however specific rules against bouncing people out of bunkers in most major tournament scenes.