PDA

View Full Version : 4 star valve-bolt prob

nra_03
04-26-2003, 11:55 PM
im using co2 (i know i should get nitro dont tell me to) and I have a 4 star valve with l7 bolt on it and after rapid firing it a couple of times it cocked itself and just stop shooting, it was like the gun had no tank on it, but there was still pressure (not much) anyone have any ideas how this happened and how to fix it?

xen_100
04-27-2003, 04:38 PM
well as you staed nitro will solve this problem.

but, I need more info. are you using a remote? xchamber? anti-siphon tank? if you are just using a standard co2 tank on a bottomline, then I can tell you for sure. you are getting liquid in the gun. that will sieze a gun up real fast. it sounds like you are getting liquid in the gun.

backtrack2pb
04-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Yeah, it sounds like liquid in the gun. To solve the problem (if you still want to use CO2) is either get a remote system or have an anti-siphon valve installed in your tank (but not both). Or, you can get an expansion chamber. Fyi, you might also want to move to Flordia, the warmer weather will keep the gun from cooling down to much and sucking any liquid into the internals.

ignatz
04-28-2003, 12:02 PM
The Florida rumor is untrue. I've played paintball in FL. since ~1996 and CO2 will still feeze a valve and quickly. Anti-siphon, remotelines, expansion chambers, regulators all didn't help... The cure is NITRO!

xen_100
04-28-2003, 12:33 PM
yup, unfortunately, a gun that is comprised of mostly o-rings doesn't tolerate being frozen by liquid co2 very well.

backtrack2pb
04-28-2003, 10:12 PM
I wish I could find it and maybe buy it as a novelty item, but they used to make small electric heaters for 16 and 20 oz CO2 tanks.

athomas
04-29-2003, 04:20 PM
You may be experiencing bolt stick. When is the last time you replaced your bolt spring.