PDA

View Full Version : OOh just bought a mag

benwelly
04-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Never known a lot about a mag, i made the jump to electros before really getting into the manual scene. I Have just bought a mag for 75 pounds ?in dollars. Just thought this would be a good place to start when wanting to know how to make it v.sweet.

So come on peeps.
What do i need to do buy to make this a beast.
Its a 68 power feed automag with a few barrels.

ChucktheMAGician
04-27-2003, 10:47 AM
It sounds like you already should have a Revy and nitro, but if not I'd pick those up first. Intelli-frames fell real nice, I'm not sure I could shoot a manual mag w/ out one! Level 10 or a X-valve would be my next suggestions, depending on how much cash you have. A barrel kit may be an idea but it sounds like you may be set w/ barrel options already. Welcome to the family of mag owners! Oh and remember, when you have this one set you must go buy another one! ;):D :cool:

benwelly
04-27-2003, 02:09 PM
if i do get an inteliframe, how fast will the mag cycle, can it keep up?
I will have to look into the intelliframe and level 10. but ive gotta keep reminding myself its a backup marker. It may be nice but its got nothing on my IR3 Fly

frost
04-27-2003, 02:49 PM
ummm ir3 are nice but mags they still got something on ur ir3 onces its pimped out

MagShootinElmo
04-27-2003, 03:29 PM
dont compare a manual mag with an ir3 much less and ir3 fly they are not even close the angel over performs it by far at least compare it to a nice e-mag or x-mag at least then they are in par with each other

frost
04-27-2003, 07:57 PM
i wasnt just talking about the classic i was talking about all mags

benwelly
04-28-2003, 04:14 AM
I know ANY mag wont compare to angels, but then im biased as im a WPD boy through and through. But i still like the mag and the guy who got me into paintball has one hell of a pimped out mega bling bling mag, and it shoots straight as a die, and consistant as anything. Hence why i bought one as a little project. A back up that will sit in the kit bag, and slowly it will get more and more pimped. You never know i may use it one tourny. ?well maybe?

Gadget
04-28-2003, 08:06 AM
Hey ben, nice to see another UK player join the AO fold. :)

Like Chuck, I'm assuming you're already running it on HPA rather than CO2? If not, that would be my number one upgrade. Wouldn't need to be anything expensive, a preset PMI 3000psi system would be fine.

If you don't want to spend much money on it, the best thing to do is make sure that all the parts are stock AGD items. Secondhand mags are notorious for having dodgy aftermarket parts in them - the on/off assembly is a favourite area for tinkering, which usually does nothing but muck things up. ;)

Big upgrades are probably going to set you back more than the mag cost, but.....

Cheapest upgrade would probably be a level 10 kit - about £70. They're a bit fiddly to setup but really do eliminate 99% of chops once bedded in.

Intelliframes are also great - I find mine a lot more comfy than the standard grip and having the longer blade trigger makes the pull a bit lighter. Not cheap though - around £110. You do hear of people outrunning their AIR valves using intellis (not me, cos I'm old and slow :)) so you might want to consider....

...the biggest upgrade: replacing the valve itself. Either with a ReTro or a X-Valve. AGD Europe don't list new Retros anymore, but you might get one second hand. The X-Valve does exactly the same as the Retro but is ally rather than steel (so lighter) and comes with Level 10 as standard. A new X-Valve is £246. Both give you much faster recharge than the standard AIR and a reactive trigger.

Cosmetic stuff like replacement bodies and rails are harder to get in the UK - I've bought mine from Tunaman here on AO.

My mag wasn't so much an upgrade as a build from scratch (I've still got my old 68 Automag) , but ended up looking like this: http://www.chimpy.com/pics/pball/xmag1.jpg