PDA

View Full Version : Mag Problem

CaptainFatCat
04-27-2003, 05:08 PM
Ok, after about 3 games, Ill go back out, and my sear sticks back and releases air. Yes Im using CO2

backtrack2pb
04-28-2003, 09:49 AM
What do you mean "sticks back"? Also, is the air leak down the barrel or is the air coming out of the grip frame?

CaptainFatCat
04-28-2003, 10:17 AM
The pin that the trigger pulls back on, it sticks back and I have to pull the trigger again to get it to go back forward. And I believe the ait is coming through the barrel. Its brand new, so I dont know why there wuold be problems.

ignatz
04-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Is the valve frozen? When I used CO2 on my mag (in FL.) sometimes the valve itself would get frozen and the sear would stick like you describe. Other than that, I'd check the on/off pin to make sure it isn't bent. Also check inside the two valve halves to make sure the regulator pin isn't bent. HTH

impostal22
04-28-2003, 06:38 PM
i had the same exact problem yesterday when i played w/ my mag for the first time....pissed me off greatly...but only happened like 3 individual times in 4 hours...sigh..anyone know what's goin on?

Demobilized
04-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Could you be confusing the trigger rod with the sear? The trigger rod sticks out of the grip and the trigger pushes it back to fire. If the trigger rod is getting stuck, you might want to try turning up your velocity, or buying a Powertube spacer kit.

xen_100
04-29-2003, 06:11 PM
this happened with my level 7 mag all the time. a couple things caused it.

1) pulling the trigger fast and not tottally releasing it. (short stroke)
2) didn't lube up the on/off good enough.

once you have your mag for a while, you will learn the trigger and it will go away.......or you can buy the LX bolt and it will go away now.

a bent on/off pin ussualy will cause a very hard trigger pull and an on/off leak. if you pull and hold the trigger back, and you hear no leak, the on/off pin is fine.

athomas
05-02-2003, 01:09 PM
I would say the on/off pin is the culprit. Check to see if it is bent or if there is a piece of dirt or a metal burr causing problems.