PDA

View Full Version : Is there a parts kit for the E-Mag?

Frank (the spank)
04-27-2003, 09:30 PM
I've been looking on the online store and can't find a parts kit for the E-mag. Or will a RT parts kit work? Aren't there some small changes with the on/off with the E-mag that differs from the RT?

Now I know mags hardly ever go down.. but you know the old saying "better safe than sorry"

What should I keep in my parts kit for my E-Mag?

askman
04-27-2003, 09:53 PM
rt kit would work fine for the valve... it is same.

Frank (the spank)
04-27-2003, 10:26 PM
ah, thank you :)

anything else i should keep in my tackle box?

Russ
04-27-2003, 10:45 PM
Yup, R/T kit, and if you want it to be complete, get a Quad O-ring (for the on/off top)and a blue bumper from the AGD store.

Frank (the spank)
04-28-2003, 11:42 AM
Will do, thanks for the info!

Gettin' ready to play my first game of paintball in 5 years... sure hope I still have it, lol

RobAGD
04-28-2003, 12:03 PM
Dont use the blue bumpers in RT guns

You need to use the soft clear/yellow ones.

Get a RT Parts kit and order some extra Quad Orings and Bumpers, as well as a few extra RT Reg Seat Orings ( Lvl 10 carrier oring) and some extra Reg Valve Pin Orings ( they work in Fill nipple check valves, On/Off orings in some N2 systems etc

-Robert

Russ
04-28-2003, 02:05 PM
Dont use the blue bumpers in RT guns But Rob, the retro bumpers get all chewed up after about 2000-3000 shots...others on the board have mentioned using the blue bumpers w/LX & ReTro/E-Mag valves...

Dayspring
04-28-2003, 02:26 PM
My Emag has a new clear bumper and I put many a case through it without ANY signs of wear. I replaced it back in November and it STILL looks new.

cphilip
04-28-2003, 02:49 PM
I not had much trouble with my Clear ones either but some have.

I do keep spares though.

Have heard of a few folks using Blue ones when its a problem. I think Tom is looking for a material to do something about this. And I think he is allowing some use of the Blue ones in some troublesome situations without warranty penalties. If you can use the clear its better though as its "bouncier" and better for the parts. Absorbs the shock better.

Russ
04-28-2003, 05:21 PM
WOW!

Clear ones get eaten right up in my E-Mag. After a day of play (1+ cases) it has begun to shred. The center, nearest the power tube, is actually cut all the way through, and raggedy...

I went through 3 clear bumpers in about a month, then switched to a blue one. The gun does have a louder operating "note" I can hear the bolt "pinging"

rehme
04-29-2003, 08:06 PM
i probably get about 5 cases/dry fires before the middle begins to tear out