PDA

View Full Version : love for love?

venturesomerite
04-28-2003, 09:03 PM
for 3 years i went out with this gril who i thought i loved. we had a messy *** breakup and no longer talk.to make a long story short it sucked, but i found some comfort in paintballing. it kinda took over where she left off, and im saving some cash to get a 2003 vertical autococker pretty soon. so it should be all good. anyway, im just wondering how many otheres have had a simmmilar experience where they kinda traded love for someone for the love of something, maybe paintball...

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
04-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Save up for one of the many fine AGD products instead. ;)

Crimson_Turkey
04-28-2003, 09:47 PM
I spend a good 40-50 hours a week in training. I have traded the love of many over time.

Automaggin2
04-28-2003, 10:09 PM
man, you gave up 3 years of someone, and u just say forget it and say paintball is your thing? Im sorry, this may not sound manly, but i think thats ridiculous. I know i wouldnt be to happy for a long long time.

mikey101
04-28-2003, 11:15 PM
I know what you mean. When my parents got a divorce, I was devistated because of how crappy things worked out. During this time I kept skating, and that was the only reason I felt the need to wake up in the morning. It really helped me through some tough times to have something to rely on, still does today. It was like my last resort for happiness.

AutomagRT1483
04-29-2003, 09:59 AM
I can say that I did once have an experience like that. 2 years ago almost, just before 9-11, me and my girlfriend broke up. It was my first relationship, so I wasn't quite as devastated. But I did have a few emotional moments that resulted after the break-up. The day after, however, I went paintballing. Boy, the first game I was in, I was dead on with every shot I took. I, not anyone else on my team, eliminated every single member of the opposing team. The first person I found got the brunt of my frustrations, he got lit-up bigtime. Strange thing is, now that I look back on that whole experience, I realize that I just needed one game of paintball to turn my whole look on life around. Besides, me and her are best of buds now, go figure ;)

venturesomerite
04-29-2003, 01:44 PM
no no im not saying that i just up and got over it. im still kinda unstable(emotionally) but the few things that make me happy and forget about all my troubles are my car, my bmx bike and paintball. it just helps me get ways, you know?

gibby
04-29-2003, 02:45 PM
I find it important to find something to do after you break up with someone. Most of the time, friends tell me that it will take "time" to get over a relationship. What we do during that time can make it harder or easier on us to cope.

I wouldn't say it's a direct substitution for the loss, but like I said, it can make it easier for someone during that transitional period of letting go.

Good luck bud!!

venturesomerite
04-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by gibby

Good luck bud!!

thanks, i appreciate it, but i do know and believe life goes on. but you are right, it helps pass the time, rather than fills the void.

Automaggin2
04-29-2003, 08:45 PM
I just try to jump back into my normal life, which includes paintball. Yea, ima thnk about it for a long time, but im still gonna try and get back to normal. Like, i know u guys prolly "go all out" when u paintballing if ur mad, but i go all out everytime i play, so it dont matter.