PDA

View Full Version : Custom HPA tanks

Quickling
04-29-2003, 07:32 AM
Is it possible? I know this is going to sound stupid to most of you...

But I REALLY enjoy playing with little guns, usually not a problem cause my tiny marker is a PGP and I run it off a 3.5oz (like I used to run my minimag when I had one).

However my roommate is getting a PGP stroker and I am thinking of getting one too. This little gun will really suffer from the inconsitency of CO2 because it is already not the most accurate marker in the world (though PGPs are more accurate then a good many guns).

anyway, it will really ruin the guns for us if we have to attach large tanks that are twice to size of the guns, so we want to get two custom tanks made. Is this even possible??

We realise it is not going to be cheap.. fine, but we have no idea how to start looking for people that might make us one.

I already have the size planned out, and I figured that only the tank would need fassioning, as the tank maker could just use like a standard crossfire/pmi/etc neck.

any help would be greatly apreciated.

synreal
04-29-2003, 07:44 AM
you have to dig for them, but 13ci HPA tanks are out there.

http://www.rebelhome.net/tanks6.html (about 2/3 of the way down)

as for a "custom" tank, i doubt that you will find a person willing to alter a device designed to store 3000+ lbs of force, be banged around, then placed near a human head ;) if you do find this person, i'd advise you to walk briskly in the other direction :)

i -highly- doubt a custom tank would be feasible/cost effective due to the enormous amount of red tape you would have to cut through to get such a device approved for legal use (think tens of thousands of dollars in 3rd party testing and years of holdups), there is a reason that most tank manufacturers buy their bottles for one or two suppllies, the hassle and investment is daunting to say the least.

shartley
04-29-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by synreal
you have to dig for them, but 13ci HPA tanks are out there.

http://www.rebelhome.net/tanks6.html (about 2/3 of the way down)

as for a "custom" tank, i doubt that you will find a person willing to alter a device designed to store 3000+ lbs of force, be banged around, then placed near a human head ;) if you do find this person, i'd advise you to walk briskly in the other direction :)

i -highly- doubt a custom tank would be feasible/cost effective due to the enormous amount of red tape you would have to cut through to get such a device approved for legal use (think tens of thousands of dollars in 3rd party testing and years of holdups), there is a reason that most tank manufacturers buy their bottles for one or two suppllies, the hassle and investment is daunting to say the least.
I second that.

TNS2k2
04-29-2003, 08:50 AM
I would just get a little 45/45 PE tank. these are really small, i mean, I looked at it and thought maybe i would break it. these are tiny tanks.... in my opinion anyways. and i thought a 68 was small.

Quickling
04-29-2003, 11:39 AM
thanks for the link to the 13ci tanks, I never knew they existed. And I also figured that the industry requirements would be in the way... but I was unsure if a company that produced high pressure air tanks that meet standard would just be free to make one a little smaller.

askman
04-29-2003, 05:53 PM
Due to DOT (department of transportation) regulation, there are extensive testing requirement for all high pressure tanks. Also, Cost of setting up for a new tank(especially fiber tank) is also not trivial. I am sure, if you are willing to buy 250,000 bucks worth of it, company like charleton or luxfer may do you a custom tank. on small quantity, forget it...

Grasshopper
04-29-2003, 08:15 PM
Wow, a 13ci tank. That thing is tiny!

FalconGuy016
04-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Grasshopper
Wow, a 13ci tank. That thing is tiny!

Its not that small, its not fiber. Its like a 12 oz

btw, how does building custom houses go with paintball air tanks? :)

Lopy-slopy
04-29-2003, 08:42 PM
I saw a guy on ebay selling a mag with a custom tank. At least he said it was custom. He said it was 35ci and was tested up to 5000psi. It didn't look like any tank I have seen. I think it would be pobible to get one made. Finding some one to make the tank would be hard but for the right price somebody would probably make you a bottle. Then all you need is to buy a reg.

04-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016

Its not that small, its not fiber. Its like a 12 oz

btw, how does building custom houses go with paintball air tanks? :)

it is smaller than a 12 oz. and even a 7 oz.

HoppysMag
04-29-2003, 09:44 PM
almost anything could be done if you have the $$$$

Quickling
04-30-2003, 07:04 AM
well I will find out how big that 13ci tank will be, my roommate is ordering one for his nanococker (which is also being ordered in a little while)

hitech
04-30-2003, 12:30 PM
Butt Plate for 13ci Bottles

2" diameter butt plate.

Sounds like the OD of the bottle is 2 inches. :D