PDA

View Full Version : Need X mag advice

SpongeBobSquarePants
04-29-2003, 09:40 AM
Ok guys I need to know about the Xmag.

I'm thinking of buying a higher end gun near the end of the summer I have narrowed it down to

X Mag
Speed Angel
Extreme Matrix
Ironman Timmy

Don't rip on the other guns I just need X mag info, I know its impossible to try before I buy unless I wait till the SC meet and I don't really want to.

I have heard from people who shot it good and bad

I heard its defin8ly (sp) the way to go and want let you down

I have also heard its a paint chopping turd and has a trigger pull like a 1400 tippmann.

Someone please make me want to buy one agian.

Jonesie
04-29-2003, 09:49 AM
If we get a chance to meet this summer, you can try mine. I have the TL63 trigger and it has a very light pull to it!

Mine has only chopped two balls, both while adjusting the LX, otherwise it's been great about that. I think you're thinking of the barrel thread issue that was discussed here previously. I'm pretty sure that issue has been corrected. Besides, I think all of those were European...

Mine stopped firing mid-game a couple weeks ago. Flipped it into manual mode popped off a few and realised the were dryfires. My HALO had turned itself off, so the ACE kicked in a wouldn't allow the gun to fire. Pushed the button on the HALO, flipped the switch back to E and was good to go! Total fix time: 5 seconds! :D

Replacable Breeches, Manual Override, ACE, Cockerthreads, Lighter than an Angel, AGD service. Why would you buy anyhthing else? ;) Did I mention it's the fastest gun available?

The Speed is an LED IR3 with some minor upgrades. Once you get into this price range they're all good choices. But I think the X-Mag stands out from the crowd, but that's just me. :)

Later ~ Dave

Dayspring
04-29-2003, 09:51 AM
I'm going to say that it's almost physcially impossible to chop with the Xmag. Not only do you have the Level 10, but you also have the ACE system.

As for the trigger pull, it's no different than any other Emag. You can adjust it however you see fit. I know mine is so tight that you barely have to touch it before it fires. It just takes some time to get it right.

Whomever said "it was a paint chopper" and that "it had a Tippy trigger pull" are idiots and need to be shot. :D

SpongeBobSquarePants
04-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Thanks guys this is what I was hopeing to here keep it comeing. Also what is exact price and wait time rite now?

Dayspring
04-29-2003, 10:00 AM
Anywhere from $1200-$1500+.

Wait time- 6 months+

Tom said they do about 35 a month. Add to that a waiting list at LEAST 300 long.

wyn1370
04-29-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Tom said they do about 35 a month. Add to that a waiting list at LEAST 300 long.
That's a very old estimate, maybe once production is ironed out they'll be able to do 35 a month.

Dayspring
04-29-2003, 10:20 AM
Yeah. That's old as of 3-4 days ago. Tom came into chat and we asked him about it.

wyn1370
04-29-2003, 10:35 AM
My sorces say that the next batch isn't comming for 4-6 months. It would be nice to see the next batch in less than a month, but I'm not holding my breath.

Cliffio
04-29-2003, 11:07 AM
i dunno i fyou guys realize it or not, but me just doing some quick math, if there are around 35 a batch and a batch takes 6 months and then there are 300 people in line.

well that means that any person to order one right now would have to wait over 50 months to get one. thats well over 4 years

i dunno about some of you, but i feel like playin now:)

my math could be screwed up so i may be wrong

wyn1370
04-29-2003, 11:46 AM
ok don't missread what I'm saying. I said the next batch my not be ready for 4-6 months, but given normal conditions they think they can kick out 35 a month. Any batches after the next one may very well come out every month.

Paintchucker
04-29-2003, 11:58 AM
there were two for sale on Ebay last time I checked...

TimEmag00134
04-29-2003, 12:49 PM
Cliffio - use a calculator or something next time you try your math. 300 in the wait list at 35 per month is about 8.5 month wait, not 50. Not trying to flame, just trying to prevent anyone from not ordering an X just because the wait list is "50 months".

Cliffio
04-29-2003, 01:31 PM
and that 8.5 x 6 months is 51, so the math was right, i just misread what dayspring said.

SpongeBobSquarePants
04-29-2003, 03:52 PM
Well I'm not the patient type so i don't know if i could wait that long once I got the cash but you never know thats alot of money and I would want the best and thats agd.

blitzmercenary
04-29-2003, 04:35 PM
eblade reflex, need i say more? if you have the money, go with the best and that is an ebladed cocker

SpongeBobSquarePants
04-29-2003, 04:54 PM
What dream world are you liveing in bro??? Cockers break if you look at them wrong, and a eblade would just be more trouble.

Cliffio
04-29-2003, 05:53 PM
and you hate it when people say things like that about mags

openboater
04-29-2003, 07:03 PM
First, put your name on the list now, you can always back out.

I got my XMAG at IAO. it went back for the new ACE board. It is an amazing gun. you can't go wrong.

I needed the mechanical last week, I forgot to charge the battery for weeks and it started to display 'low battery'. Switched to mech and i still palyed all day.

it's light, fast and goodlooking. love the screw in barrels, but dislike having the breech fall out when I change barrels. look for a E-MICRO if you don't want to wait. the ACE really isn't needed with level 10.

freek133
04-29-2003, 07:30 PM
My vote is with the nyx matrix, man!!! What a shooter, central (my home field/store) had a guy come up with one to get it looked over real fast and whooo!!! Man, whoooo! I mean, you know how your left speechless about a gun, the nyx did it to me, im heavily debating selling my matrix to buy his silver dust one cause he's getting a triple fade real soon. Here are some of its benefits,

-FAST!!!!!!!! OMG ITS FREAKIN FAST!!!
-Milling is beautiful, if you like the skull thing, I was really into punisher as a young boy, so its really cool
-Ace, with new board that has shown to up speed
-Lpr, cant go wrong with an lpr... I left the emag because of lvl 10 (I dont blame it, I just could never get it to consistently work)
-Upgradeability, so many companies are making parts for the matrix this year, its just going to get better
-Fit and finish, I give it a 9!

here are some of its downsides

-Orings, sure its an easy problem to fix, but if you dont lube properly... you'll have a bit of a problem, nothing you cant get used to easily though
-Weight, the nyx is lighter than my matrix... easily noticeable weight drop, but its nothing special compared to some of todays guns
-Effeciency, Right now its not too bad... I can get 1500 or so off of my 88/4500 and all I have is a bolt kit, there are many new upgrades that can boost effeciency.

Overall, gotta love this gun!!! I would recommend it fully to anyone. and spongebob, if you are not a patient man, try this one out while you wait for your xmag;)

armyboot
04-29-2003, 08:23 PM
If you're looking for fast/efficient guns have you taken a look @ AKA's vikings and excals? They're doing great stuff with 'em.