PDA

View Full Version : TAKS testing...

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
04-29-2003, 11:04 AM
For those of you who aren't Texans, TAKS is a retarded test that everyone in Texas has to take to go on the next grade. (Kinda like final exams, except we get those also) The only thing I like about it is that freshman don't have to go to schoool until 11:30 on Tues, Wenesday, and Friday :)

Anyone else having to take TAKS this week?

Cryer
04-29-2003, 11:18 AM
That's the replacement for the TAAS, right? Is it the same crap? When I was in school, the TAAS was a friggin joke! There would be 3 answer choices that would even partain to the question, 1 choice that was blatantly wrong, and 1 choice that, due to the process of elimination, just HAD to be right. I'd finish the entire test in like 45 min, just by looking at the answer choices, and ACE it every time!
It was so easy, but the schools made such a big deal about it. They would give us breakfast in the calssroom, and they'd even tell us stuff like "if you start to get a head ache while your testing, just close your test and lay your head down on your desk...ok?"
My little brother is taking the TAKS. He says "it sucks", but that's it.:confused:

LawFox32
04-29-2003, 12:41 PM
I have SOLs next week (Standards of Learning) assuming that its very similar to your TAKS;
if we don't pass them, we don't get credit for the class; kinda sucks, but they are pretty easy

peace

Sir Chopsalot
04-29-2003, 04:37 PM
yea i have to take the taks tomorrow but the good thing today was the juniors i had to take it (im a sophomore) and my first two classes have alot of juniors in them so since they were gone we didnt have to do anything

Loser
04-29-2003, 05:06 PM
I also have to take TAKS this week. From the practice tests it seems to be a lot harder than TAAS, so I'm disappointed. What reall sucks is that as a sophomore, we will be the first graduating class that must pass it.

ttoad4000t
04-29-2003, 05:21 PM
yea, ive been taking them all week, to me, so far the math is the exact same, except we had two whole questions that werent multiple choice, and that was the only difference....It seemed as though the practice tests were a ton harder than the actual thing... :confused:

wiccanwarlock
04-29-2003, 07:32 PM
taks...i still dontunderstand the point of those, im just glad im not a freshman you guys are getting really screwed with those things = P

TransMan
04-29-2003, 07:35 PM
We have Kats here its just a performance test to see how good the school are tho they started it today since im a Senior all we had to do is one Essay now we got the rest of the week off.

I didnt feel liek writing more then two words so thats all i wrote. Then i left.

-Jôker-
04-29-2003, 08:06 PM
every state has these types of tests we have LEAP

Python14
04-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Yea, I have SOLs next week. I also have AP exams next week. English on monday and American History on Friday. Anyone want to make predictions about the DBQ question for history?

LawFox32
04-29-2003, 09:35 PM
yeah me being the fool I am, forgot to register for US hist AP test, it sucks b/c i woulda dominated that mofo like no other

Ironmag
05-01-2003, 10:05 PM
I can't believe people are complaining about these kinds of tests. They are easy to begin with but that's besides the point. At least these tests make people accountable for their learning. If you fail it, you are an idiot because these tests are truly a joke.

Smegma
05-01-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Ironmag
I can't believe people are complaining about these kinds of tests. They are easy to begin with but that's besides the point. At least these tests make people accountable for their learning. If you fail it, you are an idiot because these tests are truly a joke.

Yup, they are idiotically easy. I enjoy them, they're just an excuse to miss nine periods. We have CAHSEE here and CSAT or something like that. You have to pass the first (California High School Exit Exam) to graduate, and if you cant, you dont deserve to. Stop complaining.

BTW how much do you guys have to pay to take the AP tests?

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-02-2003, 08:39 PM
taks makes me say **GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR**

FutureMagOwner
05-02-2003, 09:13 PM
the ones in our state are hard. they were asking math questions that im just learning in algebra II(i am ahead a year in math BTW) he had 6 2 hour peroids of testing so boo hoo to all of you

paintbattler
05-02-2003, 09:53 PM
I have Gateway's next week. I have to pass them to go to the next grade. They suck big time.

MaChu
05-03-2003, 10:19 PM
The TAKS was a little harder than the TAAS, but thats not saying much, but heres the sad thing on the social studies part the sample question was "who was president during the civil war" and people didnt know it, im surrounded by idiots:D

Sir Chopsalot
05-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by MaChu
The TAKS was a little harder than the TAAS, but thats not saying much, but heres the sad thing on the social studies part the sample question was "who was president during the civil war" and people didnt know it, im surrounded by idiots:D
yea i know, whenever we answered the sample question the guy next to me said "hey matt, its D right?"
my school is retarded

yeahthatsme
05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
we have ISAT in illinois, its dumb! omg its sooooo easy each test(except math...) takes me like 10 minutes and i normally go through a whole book each testing day cus i have so much extra time.

willy-t
05-04-2003, 12:12 PM
TAKS IS THE DEVIL AND I WISH I COULD KILL IT

( even tho i thnik i did pretty good, i find this type of thing seriously retarded)

SI|ENT|3O|3
05-04-2003, 12:25 PM
yeah...taks...blah...it sucks, math was easy, social studies was pretty easy. i agree with whoever said the practice are harder then the real ones...i think they are just trying to scare us:rolleyes: yep yep yep...well i hate taks blah!
-sebastian

FutureMagOwner
05-04-2003, 07:06 PM
ours is alot harder than yours atleast for our grade, we seriously getting questions that make no sense at all or worded so poorly you do it comepletely wrong then afterwords realize what happens

willy-t
05-04-2003, 07:53 PM
where do you live fmo?

FalconGuy016
05-04-2003, 08:33 PM
SOLS for us, but its more for graduation than passing to the next grade (although it does count in that also)