PDA

View Full Version : Dye Single Trigger Frame for AutoMAG

Jack & Coke
04-29-2003, 01:45 PM
I was thinking of purchasing this product.

I called Dye and the tech said all I have to do is remove the existing trigger from my stock mag frame and install it into theirs.

My question:

How do I remove the trigger from my stock nylon frame?

Just punch out the pin?

Does it matter which direction I punch the pin?

Does anyone who actually uses the Dye 45 single frame have any feedback?

Thanks

*** I already have an I-Frame for my main mag. I want a SINGLE TRIGGER 45 FRAME for my backup mag. ***

xadamx
04-29-2003, 02:30 PM
are you sure he didnt mean that you had to remove the old trigger frame and slap theirs on there? or was it very obvious that he meant you had to take the actual nylon trigger off the stock frame and install it on theirs?

RetroEclipseMan
04-29-2003, 02:36 PM
You should just be able to punch the pin out. I may be wrong but I think I remember reading that you punch it out in the same direction that you press to turn the safety off.

BajaBoy
04-29-2003, 02:38 PM
yea u use your old trigger. About the frame, ive only shot it once and it had a nice feal i guess (i dont like single trigger)

um about gettin the trigger out, i Think it comes out the right side i forget and i dont have my gun by me

thegiantc
04-29-2003, 03:08 PM
I have one that I got in trade. Its ok, but I prefer a double. I would sell it for $60.00 shipped. It has a stock trigger but no safety. Dye stickies included. They are used. I could send you a pic.

Tunaman
04-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Just a word of caution. If you think for one minite that it is as easy as switching trigger you are in for a rude awakening. I have been filing and grinding on these single trigger frames for years. They can be a real biotch to set up. I just did one a few nights agao(brand new frame) and it wasnt even close to working. I messed with it for 2 hours before getting it to work.;)

Jack & Coke
04-29-2003, 04:55 PM
thanks for the heads up...

JAM
04-29-2003, 04:56 PM
if you want to try a Dye single frame, i have a black one, like new I'l send it to you for $15 shipped. PM Me. I got an intelli right arfter it.

-j

Lopy-slopy
04-29-2003, 05:33 PM
What is so much better about the dye single trigger frame. Isn't it basicaly the same as the stock frame.

Jack & Coke
04-29-2003, 05:41 PM
Because it says DYE.

j/k

It's a 45 grip.

Stock mag frame is not a 45.

/me like 45 grip.

:)

JAM
04-29-2003, 11:08 PM
J&C,
here's all the extra stuff i have:

Grasshopper
04-29-2003, 11:29 PM
I like those paint stanes on the carpet :)
Anyhow, why do you prefer a 45 single trigger grip over a double trigger? Just a bit curious.

xadamx
04-29-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Grasshopper
I like those paint stanes on the carpet :)

:eek: yea...

Jack & Coke
04-30-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by JAM
if you want to try a Dye single frame, i have a black one, like new I'l send it to you for $15 shipped. PM Me. I got an intelli right arfter it.

-j

I'll take it!! :)

You have mail (PM)

Mossman
04-30-2003, 01:09 AM
If you don't take it please allow me to :)

JAM steps in to save the day....as usual....showoff

:D

JAM
04-30-2003, 08:49 AM
every extra piece of paintball "junk" I get rid of makes my wife that much happier with me. ;)

sorry everyone, Jack & Coke asked first...

-j

xadamx
04-30-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by JAM
every extra piece of paintball "junk" I get rid of makes my wife that much happier with me. ;)

sorry everyone, Jack & Coke asked first...

-j

well well well now we know who the boss is at your house :D :p

just playin with you man hehe

JAM
04-30-2003, 02:50 PM
:)

Jack & Coke
04-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by xadamx

well well well now we know who the boss is at your house :D :p

just playin with you man hehe

LOL! My wife doesn't even know about half the paintball gear (and junk) I have.

Everytime she sees a new gun, I just pretend like it's an old one, just with different grips or something... hahaha...

When you get married, you learn really quick that there's a good time, and a not so good time, to start playin' snap-shooting-from-behind-the-couch moves with a brand new $1,000 paintball gun.

Jack & Coke
05-13-2003, 02:18 AM
Thanks JAM!

The single 45 frame feels great and looks great! :)

You da man!

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=798128

JAM
05-13-2003, 08:42 AM
sweet, it does look really nice!

-j

AcemanPB
05-13-2003, 03:44 PM
Jack, is that one of those Crossfire 72ci tanks? How is it? and is that DYE tank cover on there specially made for the 72ci or will a 68ci size tank cover fit it?

Jack & Coke
05-13-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
Jack, is that one of those Crossfire 72ci tanks? How is it? and is that DYE tank cover on there specially made for the 72ci or will a 68ci size tank cover fit it?

It's the new 70/4500 Crossfire "peanut" tank (850 psi output).

Ryan@Crossfire wrote:

...we have switched bottle companies. We are no longer buying bottles from Carlton and are now buying from SCI...so you are prolly asking yourselves...

so...what does this mean to me?

Well, in the next month or so, our new bottles will have a super cool logo on ALL the bottles.

We will be carrying the little 70 peanut, a 68, and i believe we are calling them the 92's which were our 88PHAT's.

We will still however get 3000 psi bottles and 45/4500 bottles from Carlton, but they will most likly be logo-less...

With a no-drop setup, like the CheckIt Uni-Mount, it totally rocks!

VERY light, VERY tight, VERY low profile!

Perfect position when using the tank as a stock against your shoulder.

The tank cover I'm using is a Dye rhino 45/4500. It's snug and won't move around.

More shots than a 68 and more COMPACT... I highly recommend it if you like to use your tank as stock.

...read more about it here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=210693&highlight=peanut

Cheers! :)

covadsucks
05-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
When you get married, you learn really quick that there's a good time, and a not so good time, to start playin' snap-shooting-from-behind-the-couch moves with a brand new $1,000 paintball gun.

So true!!! That was too funny, it made my wife walk away laughing especially when I told her I now "NEED" an X-Mag. You just made my sig that much better thanks J&C.

Jack & Coke
05-13-2003, 05:19 PM
LOL!

Marchborne
05-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Phil, you beat me to it. That's sig material for certain. Of course, you know the corollary: "Until she gets her own marker and bunkers you from behind the futon."

Originally posted by covadsucks

So true!!! That was too funny, it made my wife walk away laughing especially when I told her I now "NEED" an X-Mag. You just made my sig that much better thanks J&C.