PDA

View Full Version : ATT anodizers, i need help please

BajaBoy
04-29-2003, 03:11 PM
ok i have a pretty nice set up in my basement..

well ive tryied to anodize about 12-13 pieces, and only 2 worked. (an ASA that was done "blue" and a shocktech drop that was done clear)

all the other pieces would not hold the dye. i just have a normal am/mm rail in for 45mins and i took it out and it was still pretty shiny. Now i did that shocktech thing for about 25 and it worked. WHY wont anything take the dye!? its really getting to me. The Acid is around 1150-1200 and the tank is lined in alu. I wanna say the charger is either 15amp or 30? with somehting like a 100amp boost? The setting that it has is.. 6vt, 12vt slow, 12vt fast, boost. (the boost is 10sec on 100sec off) So i always use the 12vt fast charge.

i am sick and tired of haven to polish all these parts over agian so please help!

Also, when the dye stuck on the asa it took i think 18hours to do so.

im using cadwell dye too.

all the connections seam to be really good (12gaugewire) wraped around tight on w-e its holding on too.

BajaBoy
04-29-2003, 03:13 PM
also mods. i think this would go better in tech? but please leave it here bc i need help/answeres asap. And this i think is the most looked at place

FutureMagOwner
04-29-2003, 04:58 PM
i assume you already stripped any parts of annodizing maybe tahts your problem if you didnt

BajaBoy
04-29-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
i assume you already stripped any parts of annodizing maybe tahts your problem if you didnt

yup striped polished and washed

candjpaintball
04-29-2003, 06:20 PM
it sounds like your charger, you need a manual charger 12v w/ at least 10amps which it sounds like you have . try 12v slow , the 12v fast may not be a constant charge..when the part anodises it should change color like a haze over the polish. if it doesn't check your connections. what's your dye bath temp. it may be sealing the part before the dye takes.

J Murder
04-29-2003, 06:42 PM
make sure to rinse with cold water, but I would put my money on the connection. I have had many parts fail, only to work later when I connected them tighter. Hmm, also if your attaching it to an area that is non visible and you didn't remove the ano, thats not good. Dont quote me on this but anodize either doesn't conduct electricity or not as well as bare aluminum, so try and connect it to bare aluminum.

BajaBoy
04-29-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by candjpaintball
it sounds like your charger, you need a manual charger 12v w/ at least 10amps which it sounds like you have . try 12v slow , the 12v fast may not be a constant charge..when the part anodises it should change color like a haze over the polish. if it doesn't check your connections. what's your dye bath temp. it may be sealing the part before the dye takes.

uh ok ill try the slow charge tomarrow, and the dye is between 110-140. about the connection, it is Well put on the part... but then i drilled a whole into a rod that goes across the tank and hang it that way.. good or bad?

magman007
04-29-2003, 09:12 PM
is your solution getting to hot? once it hits room temp, it is useless...

BajaBoy
04-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by magman007
is your solution getting to hot? once it hits room temp, it is useless...

ok ive heard that it doesnt really matter?:rolleyes: well ive heard both sides lol, and i would guess its in the 60's bc its in my basement.

note0 the acid looks green after the bubbles clear (after i take the part out and let it set) but it goes back to clear

BajaBoy
04-30-2003, 02:47 PM
up, anyone else? it just wont work:mad: