PDA

View Full Version : Warp vs. Cocker Threading on my Mags...

Jonesie
04-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Alright, I know that if there will ever be a cocker threaded Warp compatable body, it's a long way off. So, I'm here to ask the opinion of our fine community.

I really want to standardize my E-Mag to my X-Mag so that I can have two barrels between them, with the ability to swap back and forth.

However, I am a HUGE fan of the Warp, despite the funny looks and criticism I receive at the field. I currently own two and hate to give them up. But I fear that my prioirties will be skewed with the cocker threading. I do plan to keep one warp to run on the X-Mag, but I need to figure out how to run the E-Mag.

So, should I sell the Warp and pick up a ULE body (when available) or are my dreams of fully compatable barrels/guns just that? I'm thinking the threading is the way I'm leaning right now...

BTW - AGD needs to have polished ULE bodies in the next run. I really like the polished/black look of my E-Mag, and I'd like to keep that when I get my ULE. Otherwise, I guess I'll grab an unfinished one and have it polished and anno'd.

Thanks ~ Dave

Hoplon
04-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Why don't you just get a proteam adapter and use a vert ule body with the warp? I don't see the problem. :D

Paintchucker
04-29-2003, 09:09 PM
I have a proteam adapter that I got with my PTP Warp, and it works just fine in the ULE. Don't know where you could get one. I didn't see them on the PTP site.

I am going to see Eddy at Wildfire tomorrow, and I will ask if he can find them.

I had pondered briefly if you could take a ULE and cut the middle out of it and make it compatible with the Xmag feeds... Of course, I am not gonna volunteer mine to try it on. LOL...

Edit:

Ironically, the kid you offered the WARP to in Misc. had a link for a price quote that took us to this site, and look what they have on-sale!!! ROFLMAO...

Pro Team Warp Feed Gun Adapter (http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_information.asp?number=HPRAWX&variation=AN&aitem=&mitem=&back=yes&dept=131)

http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/images_fullsize/HPRAWX.jpg

personman
04-29-2003, 09:25 PM
I bet you could call up PTP to buy one.. heh
dont they make angel threaded adapters or something?

AlabamaMan
04-30-2003, 12:16 AM
that picture above says "Warp Feed adaptor for WDP Angel" right on it.

Mossman
04-30-2003, 01:00 AM
Yea, but it's still not as tight as a setup off the side. Jonesie you can get one of Doc Nickel's Mag -> Cocker thread adapters when they're finally available. That'd probably be your best bet.

azzkikr
04-30-2003, 10:03 AM
hey jonesie, i say go with the ule body to keep the the cocker threads since it does have the angel feed threads you can get either the proteam feedtube or the older standard feed tube for the angels and have it with the horizontal powerfeed.

its a preaty short setup, not as clean as the xmag warp breech or the powerfeed emags, but that way you sort of have both of what you want.

if you want to see how low it would be, you can look at my angel next time you come up.

later AZZKIKR

Paintchucker
05-01-2003, 02:27 AM
Okay, I went over and bought a drop/asa/ss hoses today, and put my ULE together. Just for kicks, since work called at 2:00am anyway, I put the PTP angel/warp tube in, and the warp feed adapter, plus I put a standard elbow for a better down angle.

It is a "little high" at a hair under 2" over the body. I pulled my site rail and armson red dot (like the dye izon), and put it on and it is perfect!!! Well, perfect if you are like me and like the red dot site. LOL...