PDA

View Full Version : Budget-O-Mag finally finished

cgrieves
04-30-2003, 09:20 AM
The budget-o-mag is finally finished. This started as an upgrade project about two months ago from a classic '68 mag that had been sitting idle for about 5 years during my hiatus from the sport. The thing snowballed somewhat and now every part has been replaced apart from the field strip screw (I now have my original mag as a backup, and enough parts for a third mag to sell)

Every part has been bought secondhand apart from the bottle, macro line and fittings, in fact there may be several members of this forum who recognise parts! :)

P.S. Also note the Fred Schultz signature regulator and cradle with screw-in bottle. Incidentally Air America got back to me and the regulator is fully upgradeable to 4500 psi operation, and Air america were very pleased that I am still using one. So the antique will be staying with me for the foreseeable future, though it could do with some micro gauges!

And thanks to all the AO users for help and advice over the past few months. Everyone should be proud of being a part of this great community and technical resource. And obviously thanks to AGD for making the best markers that really stand the test of time.

cgrieves
04-30-2003, 09:20 AM
And another view

xadamx
04-30-2003, 09:31 AM
very good looking mag! i like the colors you chose, very nice. :) keep up the good work!

LittlePaintballBoy
04-30-2003, 09:47 AM
jeez thats beutiful. im in the process of transforming a mag too. btw, what kind of trigger frame is thet? do you like it? how much is it?

PzYcO
04-30-2003, 10:03 AM
thats a benchy(BenchMark) trigger frame, they go for about 70 new, 45 used..

Russ
04-30-2003, 11:41 AM
Very, very nice, indeed! :D

xadamx
04-30-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by LittlePaintballBoy
jeez thats beutiful. im in the process of transforming a mag too. btw, what kind of trigger frame is thet? do you like it? how much is it?

benchmark, i (and a lot of others that ive heard) dont like them when they can get an intelliframe(much better IMO)

ignatz
04-30-2003, 11:56 AM
The warp and body pictured made their way all the to the UK from FL. Gotta love the Internet. Gun looks great man!

Dave
04-30-2003, 01:09 PM
Aren't the Emag valves just rocking in a mech mag? I've got one in my and it totally rips! Very nice mag!:)

TigerMan
04-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Wouldn't that just be a new mag altogether since you have all new things (and it doesn't resemble a 68 at all anymore)? ;) Ehh I'm just giving you a rough time. Nice work.

cgrieves
04-30-2003, 04:54 PM
New Mag? Definitely! Originally it was meant to be a few parts here and there to bring the old '68 up to date, but I got such great deals on all the bits that I just kept on going :)

Ignatz- thanks mate, the warp just plain rocks! I used it last weekend for team training and it's awesome, it totally transforms Sup Air play and how tight you can stay.

As for the Benchmark, a lot of people write them off without using them. I had the pleasure of using an Intelli for a day last month, and it was great, but the pull was a little too snappy and hard for my liking. Personally I think the Benchmark is lighter and more to my liking (I drilled the trigger so the rod stays put- takes five minutes and is well worth doing) and the extra pull length isn't noticeable with the reactive trigger, as the trigger never goes back that far while firing. It's all personal preference though- try both!

And thanks for all the compliments :)

Grasshopper
04-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by cgrieves
New Mag? Definitely! Originally it was meant to be a few parts here and there to bring the old '68 up to date, but I got such great deals on all the bits that I just kept on going :)

Ignatz- thanks mate, the warp just plain rocks! I used it last weekend for team training and it's awesome, it totally transforms Sup Air play and how tight you can stay.

As for the Benchmark, a lot of people write them off without using them. I had the pleasure of using an Intelli for a day last month, and it was great, but the pull was a little too snappy and hard for my liking. Personally I think the Benchmark is lighter and more to my liking (I drilled the trigger so the rod stays put- takes five minutes and is well worth doing) and the extra pull length isn't noticeable with the reactive trigger, as the trigger never goes back that far while firing. It's all personal preference though- try both!

And thanks for all the compliments :)
First off, very nice looking gun. Love what you have done. Next, how exactly do you do that drilling thing you were talking about?

*ArKfEaR*
04-30-2003, 07:24 PM
Hows that benchy side to side?

:D

Badabing
04-30-2003, 08:08 PM
Thats no budget.