PDA

View Full Version : expansion as gas thru?

nitewolf_9
04-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Hi, I was just wondering about something stupid.
I have a classic mag that used to run on CO2, then I bought an 88/4500 AA raptor rex adjustable tank.

My question is, can I use my 32 degrees expansion chamber as a gas thru grip? (will there be a performance hit, or some negative effect of doing so?).

I say this cause I don't wanna drop another 20 bucks or so on something that I might not need.

Lemme know your thoughts, thanks alot!

Morfesto
04-30-2003, 06:06 PM
The expansion chamber may restrict airflow you might be able to remove the chambers in it and make is a high flow gasthru.

nitewolf_9
04-30-2003, 06:58 PM
You can do that?? (ie, just pop open the expansion chamber and gut it)
Hmm, guess I'll have to play around with that idea...
Anyone know how to go about doing something like that? :eek:

Grasshopper
04-30-2003, 11:40 PM
I'm not actually sure. In most cases, I don't think it should be a problem. But some X-chambers may make the flow rate not so good. And, what's this about gutting the X-chamber? I'd like to do that, just because :)

jayel579
05-01-2003, 01:27 PM
it will be fine, it wont effect anything. the chamber will just be a gas thru grip, thats all. dont gut it or anything, it wont effect the air flow. there is a reg on the bottle for that.

ChucktheMAGician
05-01-2003, 01:52 PM
I've considered taking the x-chamber off of my 98 because I use N2 on it now. My thoughts are that by having the x-chamber on there it makes for a larger volume of air that needs to be refilled to 850 psi everytime you shoot. I was wondering why have that large of an air reservoir to refill everytime? Just some thoughts, they may not be scientifically accurate but they're free!:rolleyes: ;) :D

Tunaman
05-01-2003, 03:07 PM
The expansion chamber will act as a resevoir and will work great. Leave it on.;)

trxtr
05-01-2003, 06:27 PM
i was told you want as clean of an airflow as possible to your AIR valve from the tank. every and any restriction therin can cause shootdown, which is why the rt pro comes with a foregrip instead of a vertical ASA.

nitewolf_9
05-01-2003, 07:02 PM
okay, so essentially it would be better for me to just use the x chamber as a foregrip and directly connect my tank to the valve?

Morfesto
05-01-2003, 08:01 PM
That sounds like a good idea :D

nitewolf_9
05-01-2003, 09:37 PM
It looks cooler than any gas thru grip (it being chrome and blue and sexy like that..), so I guess its gonna turn into a reminder of how much of a pain it was to run a mag on c02....ah, the good old days:

"DAN, COVER RIGHT, BACK CASTLE, KEEP HIS HEAD DOWN!"

"ON IT!"
*bap bap bap bap PSSSSTTTTclick click...

"uh, oh..."

Morfesto
05-01-2003, 10:10 PM
LOL sounds like a good story.:D

Viral
05-02-2003, 10:47 AM
I have a whispering death exp chamber on my mag left over from the CO2 days and have used it for about 6 years on Nitrogen. It works perfectly. It allows the gas to volumize before entering the valve, that's why it's called an expansion chamber and not a restiction chamber ;)

And besides that, if Tunaman suggests leaving it on, you should leave it on :cool:

--Viral