PDA

View Full Version : Action Villiage?

FlipShot
04-30-2003, 06:08 PM
I ordered a part from them about 2 days ago and so far have'nt reveived any kind of confirmation E-mail or what not, is it normal to place an order from them and the part just show up without any contact from them??? this was the same with 888paintball, ordered something and did'nt hear from them so I assumed it never went through but 5 days later I had a little brown package sitting on my door step. I hope this is the same for PBgear, is it?

Brak
04-30-2003, 06:11 PM
i personally think that action village is a bunch of bumbling idiots. talk to them and get it straightened out is all i can say. they neglected to tell me my order was cancelled after the tubes were out of stock and the harness i ordered never existed in the first place

FlipShot
04-30-2003, 06:34 PM
those Mo Foe's better not mess things up or they will be receiving a friendly phonecall :)

xadamx
04-30-2003, 06:39 PM
ive never ahd a problem with AV... they've always been prompt and friendly with me. they DID send me a confermation email just a few minutes after i ordered my last things, they did the same every other time ive ordered from them

SlipknotX556
04-30-2003, 06:42 PM
I to have made a purchase from action village, waited for the confrimation shipped email. When they send you the reciet, in that email, is a tracking link. Click it, it will take you to your order, then go to track this package, it will show you where it is.

darklord
04-30-2003, 06:42 PM
AV has always sent me confirmation e-mails when I order... I've had no problems with them, I like their prices, and their merchandise is in good condition..... no gripes here.

paint_munkey
04-30-2003, 07:05 PM
i think they send two email confirmations.
one confirming that they received the order (should come a few minutes after purchase) and one telling you that they shipped (could come a few days later).

with alot of the internet companies, you have to call to get stuff moving a little faster :eek: :rolleyes:

Rmarks
04-30-2003, 07:21 PM
I just ordered a dye jersey/pants from them last night.

I got an order confirmation almost immediately. I just got a shipped confirmation with tracking number :) I love Action Village, they've never screwed anything up for me and I always get the product 2 days later by ground.

TKOMag123
04-30-2003, 07:27 PM
yeah i have alwas liked action village. county is nice too thou. never had a problem. they might not have recived the order. might want to call them

WarBUCKs
04-30-2003, 07:32 PM
I buy from Action Village and I have no problems. Well, besides the fact that they are usually out of stock, but I am going to give you list of Action Village shopping tips:

1. Make sure the items you want to purchase are in stock! Action Village has a stock check button with most items. If they don't have a stock check button, add it to your cart and it will tell you (in the shopping cart) whether or not the item you want is readily available. To many people see a good deal and buy without thinking. Take the time to make sure your item is in stock. <--- *Repeat last sentence 10 times.*

2. If you ever need to talk to someone on the phone at Action Village. Try to talk to the women. They are much more friendly than the men. I prefer talking to Des (sp?) because she is nice and she doesn't give me stupid answers. If Jason answers the phone, just hang up and call back (ha, that little *****)

3. Action Village has some of the cheapest prices around and free shipping. Take advantage of this! Get your friends to order stuff too if you can't get your order above $100 dollars (That is when free shipping kicks in).

4. Action Village sends order confirmation emails and they also send the "Your Junk has been shipped" email.

5. Make sure your email address is right. If you don't have the right email address you will never get your confirmation.... :)

6. Visa seems to work better than Mastercard. I don't know if this is a problem that I have, but for some reason my Mastercard just won't work. Same billing and shipping as Visa, but just won't work. Wierd.

7. Check prices often, especially if you have a backordered item. I check some stuff on a daily basis. Action Village is infamous for dropping prices and raising them. This is important because it could save you money.

I hope some of this information helps.

Benfica4ever
04-30-2003, 08:25 PM
People have been posting so many things about how bad actionvillage has been messing up. i have orderd lots of parts, and they have nrver messed up on me.

TheJester
04-30-2003, 08:34 PM
i used to like them, but i think i'll refrain from ordering from them in the future. they never seem to have stuff in stock, it takes them for ever to get things in stock, and their customer service sucks a fat one. i ordered some stuff march 15th....it's finially due in tomorrow (i think, they never sent me anything either, but the status shows it being shipped the 29th, which would get it here tomorrow)

demonguy8
04-30-2003, 08:45 PM
I live a few minutes away from them... I never have a problem with them since I say "Ill be there in 20 minutes to pick it up." youd be suprised how well that inspires things to get done faster..

Im also trying to get a job there, seeing as how having lots of paintball experience would seem to put me in a better position to get things done.. and done right.. (like for instance their inventory system sucks more than a vacuum)suprisingly, they dont seem much interested in hiring paintballers (even the ones that have good references). Perhaps they want to stay the way they are for the rest of eternity? Oh well.. I can always go beg for a job at AGD (since its only like 10 miles from my house)

WARPED1
04-30-2003, 09:47 PM
I buy from AV all the time, never had trouble, always got a confirmation. Give them a call to straighten crap out.

Jðhñ
04-30-2003, 10:19 PM
I also have had NO problems what so ever from Action Village. I've placed 10+ orders there and never had one screw up yet. The stuff has never failed to ship the same day as I order it and arrive the next (I'm only like half a state away). One thing thats important, like stated above, make sure it's IN stock. You'll just keep getting product will ship in 7 days notices if it isn't. They've never failed to send me a confirmation e-mail within minutes after i order and i have the shipped notice e-mail by that night (If i order before 2PM CST).

gibby
04-30-2003, 11:23 PM
I've ordered from AV several times. Although some parts were backordered, they do have a useful tool in which you can contact them easily. You can post messages when you try to track your order's status and they reply pretty quickly. It's all about communication. Use it...it works. :)

Hexis
04-30-2003, 11:49 PM
They tend to screw the pooch on ever order I place with them. I now refuse to deal with those lamers.

FlipShot
05-01-2003, 11:00 PM
Well my package came in today, which was earlier then I expected. just in time for saturdays game :) I'm happy !

Jacko
05-02-2003, 10:37 AM
I ordered a DYE jersey not to long from AV and they sent me the wrong color. I called and they said something like "we reserve the right to substitute out of stock items with like merchandice of similar price and quantity. And colors are not taken into account when substituted like with paint"

Fastkid
05-02-2003, 06:37 PM
I ordered something, and they said it was out of stock in an email, but it came to my house within 3 days... bumbling idiots with random shipping times I guess

srrdude
05-02-2003, 06:45 PM
see my why i hate action village thread....

FreakBaller12
05-02-2003, 08:03 PM
what happened to good ole xpaintball??? lol i love my stuff there in the near future u will be goign to av but never warehouse prices r soo expensive

Daroy99
05-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Its kind of funny, AV. My friend ordered a 68 45 crossfire tank, and they sent him a low pressure 72 45. He kept it and dint say anything, but then they sent him another 68 45 tank, so he got $200 for free from them. My other friend also ordered a drop, same thing happened.