PDA

View Full Version : 68 Automag withCO2

Corbet
05-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Ok I just got a used automag and I have (currently) only a CO2 tank. I used it and the bolt takes 2 seconds to go back before I can shoot and makes a weird air noise. Now, I'm wondering 1) is this common with automags using co2, and 2) if I get nitro will it fix this. I'm worried that since it is used the guy who used CO2 before me permanently wrecked it.

Corbet
05-01-2003, 03:16 PM
I'd also like to add that I have a palmer stabalizer on the gun.

WickeDKlowN
05-01-2003, 03:35 PM
Try the Tech Forum(search mabey?).

Sounds kinda like bolt stick(mabey?). Try a smaller(or is it bigger?) PT Spacer(if you know what that is.

Yes, I know that was confusing, but I am half-asleep. What do you expect? ;)

Edit: OK, I was thinking of back before i had LX, and I'm pretty sure you should try a bigger PT spacer. smaller stops leaks, bigger stops bolt stick. Get the right one, and you will have neither... Right?

Also, this is if you have L7. If you have LX, you don't have PT Spaceer's. So forget about, and try a diff carrier.

Koosh
05-01-2003, 04:12 PM
try searching the Tech Forum...

I think your gun is freezing up, you should either spring for a compressed air tank, or take measures to keep liquid co2 out of the valve. Look in the tech forum for that too.

Nothing would be permanently wrecked, at the very most, you would need a $20 parts kit from AGD store...

(Edit) just saw that you have a stab on the gun.

when you can't fire the gun in that two seconds, what happens if you pull the trigger? just nothing? To me, it still sounds like its freezing, but I dont know...

Corbet
05-01-2003, 08:25 PM
well I'm gonna have the local shop see if they can help. They're both very good with paintball guns and I hope they wont charge much.

Grasshopper
05-01-2003, 08:51 PM
Does it start happening as soon as you start firing? Or does it take a while for CO2 to get into the valve? Is CO2 comming out the front, or is it just doing the 2 second thing. Sounds like bolt stick to me, or maybe CO2 in the valve.

VCK
05-03-2003, 03:01 AM
My mag did the exact same thing when I first got it. It had been an old rental marker and was beat up pretty bad. When I stripped it down I found the on/off top was in upside down and for some reason someone had jammed a extra o-ring in the on/off assembly. Then I cleaned out the regulator and found the reg piston looked like it had been kicked around a parking lot or something and I had to smooth out the burrs with my dremel. After that it shoots fine. So I'd say check your on/off assembly first to make sure it's assembled correctly. Also if you have access to a chrono see what your shooting, it may be set way too low and your just starving the valve. Good luck with it.

no1beefcake
05-03-2003, 04:27 AM
Classic Mags do NOT work well with CO2. Most of the problems you have with your Mag will go away when you switch to N2.