PDA

View Full Version : College Paintball

sliknik
05-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Hello Everyone,
It's been quite a while since I posted last, but don't worry I'm a frequent visitor of the AO forum. Anyways, I am the President of the University of Nebraska at Omaha's paintball club. I have already gotten through all of the red tape and the club is officially recognized by the university.
So where should I go from here. I have scheduled the first meeting, and I have a lot of good ideas but I would like to here some from other people. I also would like any advice from members of other college paintball clubs, such as how do you organize the events, schedules etc. Any advice is appreciated Thanx!

Scooter/Cootie
05-01-2003, 03:58 PM
I'd recommend sending Skirts a PM. He's heavily involved in the paintball club up at MTU and he'll be more than happy to give you some pointers.

You can also shoot a PM to Raehl. He's got a lot of good info on the subject.

ah137
05-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Check here for info if you have not already.

http://www.college-paintball.com/

check under club info I think

heres a link to MTU webpage

http://www.sos.mtu.edu/paintball/

check under FAQ

Anything else post here, also you should feel free to email Chris Raehl, president of NCPA.

Later Hills

ogre55
05-01-2003, 04:34 PM
Raehl is the prez of the Collegiate Paintball Association and a frequent contributor to the forums. You may want to give him a PM.

Ogre

raehl
05-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Most of the information you should need should be at www.college-paintball.com, and you can also check out the forums there to rub elbows with most of the other college club leadership.

You can feel free to email me at ncpa@college-paintball.com if you need anything in particular. You should also get in touch with Nate Harms, who is the President over at Nebraska-Lincoln - you should be able to pull his email from the UNL entry at www.collegelist.college-paintball.com. While you're there make sure to sign your club up; that's where all of our information gets sent. Elections for the next year also start tomorrow if you're interested in voting (each club gets one vote).

Aside from the NCPA Team playing in PSP/S7/etc events, we're pretty much shut down until the September timeframe aside from planning events for the fall. UNL may be game for something over the summer though. I know they also have some field connections in the area, so they may be able to hook you up there.

- Chris

ezrunner
05-01-2003, 06:09 PM
If I can help you let me know.

My name is Robert Long, and I was a founder of the group here at Clemson University.

We are about 4.5 years old now and have club and team groups.

If I can help, my email is rclong@hubcap.clemson.edu

and if you wanna call to rapid fire some questions email me and I'll give you a # or call you. I know on campus I didn't have long distance in college.

BTW - I'm also on aim (ezrunner)

-rob

BlkSprk
05-01-2003, 07:45 PM
I go to ITT technical in michigan and I braught the idea up with my Dean.... she shot the idea of a paintball club down without a second thought. she refuses to even allow me to run an editorial calling paintball players to a NONSCHOOL game. They refuse to even entertain the idea. how did you cut through the red tape. me being the baligerant bastard that i am published my own paper with a friend so we can put what ever we want in it.... i fear though that will be shut down soon

ezrunner
05-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Well, first off, look at other student organizations. How do they censor what you do and don't do. If others are doing clubs that could be shot down then you have a case.

A link to a listing of your student orgs would be really useful. You can pm to me if you care to keep you school name off the board.

-rob

sliknik
05-02-2003, 11:17 PM
Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it!
:D

raehl
05-03-2003, 10:36 PM
You may have made a mistake by talking to your dean at all if that's not part of the established procedure.

Find out what the procedure for starting a student organization is, and then follow that procedure exactly. If you wanted to start a Habitat for Humanity club, find out what you would do to do that, and then do that, only replace "habitat for humanity" with paintball.

The best way to deal with anti-paintball zealots is to not deal with them at all.

- Chris

BlkSprk
05-03-2003, 11:27 PM
first line in how to make a school organization is to ask the deans permison. she also threatened to suspend me if i printed another news paper... correction, it was an anonymous paper, but she threatened to suspend me if she caught me.

raehl
05-04-2003, 10:13 PM
Is there only one dean? Who is her boss? Does the club policy state what reasons a dean can and can not deny clubs from starting, or if there is an appeal process to the dean's decision?

- Chris

demonguy8
05-05-2003, 02:37 AM
wow... what a *female dog* ....

Anywho.. for a fee I can pay her a little "visit" ;) ;)

but then again follow reahls advice and if worse comes to worse does your school have an "indy" type news paper? My school has one paper made by for the school, and another paper distributed by the hippies, activists, and basically the leftside of the political spectrum in general. Perhaps you could write them an editorial to publish?

ALSO as a last resort check the university guidelines and rules as well as the constitutions "freedom of press"... Cuz im 99% theres no way she can punish you for printing a paper (as long as its not defaming the school, or her). So if your punished and she exceeds her power get a lawyer and her punk *butt* fired. (you may even be able to find a free lawyer if you get somone that just passed the bar, since the case would be publicized and would let the person make a name for themselves