PDA

View Full Version : Columbia Maryland paintball scene?

FreshmanBob
05-01-2003, 08:31 PM
welp, looks like I'll be moving back to maryland (born there) somewhere near columbia at the end of the summer. I'll be off to college in the fall, but I'm just wondering what the paintball scene's like down there. Anyone in that area?

AFRaven
05-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Yeah, a couple of friends of mine and I are from the Columbia area. Paintball is budding here, with some decent fields close by. We also have out own private field that we built in some dense forest. Here are some of the closer fields:

www.rrpb.com
www.oapaintball.com
And the SuperSports indoor arena in Eldersburg (Cant find a URL)

alkafluence
05-23-2003, 03:41 PM
This is interesting...

I see this posted, after I just moved to the area (unfortunately my gear will be in storage for 3 more weeks).

Both of those places let you B.Y.O.P. which is great. Where I moved from, very few places let you do that.

Out of curiosity, what does a case of paint cost normally at AAP?

AFRaven
05-26-2003, 06:36 PM
I am not exactly sure on the cost of paint at AAPB, however I know it is not cheap. I think it is somewhere in the ballpark of $20 or $25 for a bag of 500 rounds. By the way, PM me if you are going paintballing sometime, I would love to get out with some friends and make some new ones :)

AFRaven
05-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Ok, this is right off of the AAPB website under the Rates and Dates section. 100 paintballs is $7, 500 paintballs is $25. I believe they sell Big Ball and some assorted Diablo.

Star_Base_CGI
05-30-2003, 10:59 PM
i played Outdoor Adventure a few years ago. If you have your own stuff you can bring your own paint. Theres also a couple other places I havent been to like Anne Arundal, Robin Hood and supposedly a place on Rt 40 that I could not find.

Theres also the woods. :)

alkafluence
06-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Looking to go this Saturday at OA if anyone's interested in meeting up.

Unless someone had plans to go elsewhere, then I might be inclined to jump in there if you don't mind.

Star_Base_CGI
06-25-2003, 08:59 PM
Yeah it just stoped raining.

Id like to go Saturday but I usually get groceries. Im so exausted from all the heat...

I need to get some game time in before spplat.

I also need to test my setup.

Star_Base_CGI
06-26-2003, 09:00 AM
I went today to check out Outdoor Adventure. There ad and their website arent very good.

It was closed and there was two sweaty kids working on some lights for night Ball but it wasnt done.

Its didnt look very good theres like a 2 mile dirt road that you can hardly drive on. When you get to the end they have 2 courts set up with netting, PVC pipe and plastic pallets.

What a mess.

Everythings over grown but the two courts. Looks like they had bulldozed and a beat up metal trailer.

Its hard to belive this place is 10 years old. Everything is is growing and developing but Outdoor Adventure.

The field was in better shape 10 years ago.
Maybe Ill check out AAPB.

alkafluence
06-26-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm not saying its the greatest place, but did you happen to notice the large clearing at the end. When I stopped by, that's where they had setup the sup-air fields on the weekend.

I wasn't impressed with AAPB either, but we'll see. I'm going on Saturday, not positive on the place though. [All provided it doesn't rain AGAIN]

If anyone can recommend any other places in the area, I'd be glad to hear the suggestions.

Star_Base_CGI
06-26-2003, 07:05 PM
I noticed the large clearing at the end. It was EMPTY but mowed with no netting.

Id like to maybe open a field someday but we will see that might be in the distant future if I am really liking paintball. This is just really sad. The review of AAPB says pallets.

Im going grocery shopping early if I can on saturday and yeah it might be raining or red alert ozone action day so we will see.

If I see someone with an Automag and you see someone with a warp fed spyder....

Point is there will be no SUP air cause its not set up and OA is not even trying.

I knew one of the owners of OA like 10 years ago and it was really sad. He was spending all of his money on motercycles and tatoos. He said there was alot of infighting and now there denieing this guy was a part owners.

I guess hindsight is 20/20 but he should have been spending his money on trailers, weedwackers, lawnmowers and chainsaws. Its gotten WORSE except for the fields thats not finished. They had an X FIeld before with the same crap but no net. SO I guess the net and the non functioning lights are an inprovement.

ogre55
06-27-2003, 03:32 PM
I have played at AO a couple of times. While I do not live there, my best friend does, so when I am in the area, I play out there.

The Air fields are not too bad, but less than pristenely maintained. They also have a town and a woods field, which I have never played. The refs are so-so.

The real problem I have with them is the clientelle. A larger pack of TWiBs is hard to come by and I play out on Long Island, NY.

Good field. Passable staff. Lousy crowd.

Ogre

Star_Base_CGI
06-28-2003, 03:56 PM
I saw alkafluence from http://Automags.org at Anne Arundal Paintball by chance. http://rrpb.com .

I had never been there but I really like the way it was set up.

First of all the people that say its all pallets and stuff are full of %^&*. They have bunkers made out of MDF and pipes. The place is maintaned. They put Mulch down. Its close to the road. They left almost all the trees which made for nice shading and they hung saftey net on the trees about 20 feet high.

Unfortunately alkafluence made a dive and cut his hand real bad before I got there. I brought gloves from Walmart which turned out to be really nice.

I had all kinds of spyder problems. I found my shim and a retainer spring were missing and I had to replace the spring with a spare. I switched the other spring to the hard spring which fixed everything. Without the shim I was shooting 150 FPS. I added the heavy spring and went up to 280 which was the field limit. Everyone wanted to see TOMS warp feed. I think I had the only one but I did'nt let anyone shoot it because I was low of Paint. Someone tried to shoot the gun but I had the safety on. Snickers.

I played about 3 games in 80 degree weather and it was exhuasting. I got a slurpee on the way home.

The little powefeed adapter on the warp feed is horribley too short and it keep falling off. I got shot out right away. Alkafluence gave me some black tape which fixed it right up and looked really good. It worked good too.

I pretty much played middle and got so board I decided to run up the middle two times. Which left me exausted but I had a great time. No one expected me to run up the middle and I think it worked really good even though I did not get shot out right away. I still got shot out and everythings covered with paint.

I got two welts on my fat Belly.

Anne Arundal Paintball is on RACE rd. off of route 175 near Jessup Prison and Fort Meade. Its was $15 walk on with your own paint.

I give it 9 stars out of 10.

alkafluence
06-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Anne Arundel http://www.rrpb.com [website is outdated] is pretty decent. The staff is friendly, and most of the fields are kept up well. There's just a few in the back that need some work. The one disappointment is that the sup-air fields are only setup on Sundays.

Typical crowd at rrpb, was a mixed group of tourney players just chillin', some experienced rec-ballers with your typical Impulses and Timmy's and then your avg. rec-baller with a Spyder-clone.

Just a nice, laid back day of rec-ballin'. [Other than my hand, which happened while I was sliding into a bunker and used my non-gun hand to brace. Got a nice gash on my right hand. That's what I get for not wearing my gloves.]

Star_Base_CGI
06-28-2003, 07:25 PM
I got home and found my shim under the fish tank. Put it back in. Now I need some clips and O-rings from the store.

I MUST HAVE MORE BALLZ! MOre BALLZ!

That green gun was an Autococker and yup. Just your typical warp fed Spyder.

That was too much fun.