PDA

View Full Version : OT:Attn Gearheads, and Ricers (said in the nicest sort of way)

RamboPreacher
05-01-2003, 08:48 PM
I need some help, please, and since I am not familiar with this stiff anymore (the last real work I did to a care was change heads on a 69 camaro SS; no electronics, or computer stuff.)

Anyway, I need a part, but before I start calling around town and acting like a fool, I thought I would be a fool and ask here first, since there seems to be some knowledgeable folks here.

The part is the pivot point thingy that the passanger side windsheild wiper attaches to. THe linkages all seem to be fine and teh driver side is okay too, but this one has a semi-stripped lug, and it needs replaced.

1991 Toyota MR2 MKII NA (non-turbo), if it makes any difference.

anyone know what it is called?

bornl33t
05-02-2003, 05:39 AM
ermmm I dunno if you can replace "just" that nut? but the lines on the sides are knurled and it's a model specific piece, the only way to replace that... take it off, go to Toyota dealership and ask for a new one. Make sure you got at least 100$ cause eventough they suck, OEM parts cost more then aftermarket. btw if ya need any help just let me know I'm not that far away and I'm a gear head :D

RamboPreacher
05-02-2003, 08:50 AM
I assume I will have to replace the whole triangle piece (maybe even the whole linkage assembly, but I hope not), the knurling/lug is what the wiper blade slides on and keeps it from slipping when wiping the windshield - that lug is about half the length it is supposed to be (someone in the past history of the vehicle cross threaded an american bolt on there and when I had the windshield replaced, it twisted the lug in half when removed.).

I have a email to toyotaDM with a link to this picture, hopefully I'll get a reply before the weekend.

BTW - don't suppose you happen to knwo where I could get a spare tire (mini/dougnut) for it? I don't even know where to look other than parts places online and the toyota place here in DM (haven't heard back from them on this either).

beam
05-02-2003, 11:21 AM
I think that's a Tri-oscillation plate-voltage refracting oscillation unit.

:D

bornl33t
05-02-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by beam
I think that's a Tri-oscillation plate-voltage refracting oscillation unit.

:D

aka yo' average everyday "arbladergear"

the donut should be pretty simple if it weren't for the pizza being delivered right now I would pry be able to find your think online. Look for MR2 MKII forums online and do a search on the bolt pattern what you need is 4 or 5 lugs on what diameter . on a Jeep it's a 5lug on 5.45" being a toyota it will pry be metric though. Then find another more common car that has the same bolt patten, call the jumpyards. Carnies in ames is really good for that and they're prices aren't bad. There are a bunch in des Moines too... but alot of them won't let ya roam. :D

RamboPreacher
05-02-2003, 12:16 PM
thanks - i'll be junk-yard-hoppin thins weekend instead of playing paintball. :( :)

bornl33t
05-02-2003, 05:32 PM
awww I wanna go!!!! no fair... you get to go to the junkyard I have to go fishing :(

RamboPreacher
05-02-2003, 06:45 PM
yea, wish I had a portable plasma torch to whack off any pieces/parts I want. - heheheee

bornl33t
05-02-2003, 06:55 PM
saws-all :D