PDA

View Full Version : mags and me

penguinpunk555
05-01-2003, 09:38 PM
im realy mad about bein poor i love mags and i wanna get a mini mag with a nitro system but im to poor and ive entered in about 30 contest and gone to many proshops all out of my price range can ayone find me a good deal on a mag

Load SM5
05-01-2003, 09:41 PM
Keep an eye out in the Trader's forum. Good deals pop up all the time. Make a thread stating how much you have to spend and see what offers show up.

Tunaman
05-01-2003, 09:42 PM
How old are you?

sneakyhacker420
05-01-2003, 10:38 PM
oooo you are in wisconsin... have you ever played at BFG?

how much money do you have to spend?

used classic mags go for $150-230 in the f/s/t forums here... great deals for a kid looking to get a mag... but you'll DEFINITELY want to get a level 10 as your first upgrade... then you can use a VL 200, and shoot as fast as you want... and it won't chop balls :eek: :cool:

penguinpunk555
05-02-2003, 04:56 PM
im 12 13 in july i want to get a mini mage and i have a empire reloader i never chop i might go to bfg with this one kid for a 5 man leauge and we r doin a 3 man at black rain
:D

FalconGuy016
05-02-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by penguinepunk555
i have a empire reloader i never chop
:D

lol what?

spazzed
05-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016

lol what?

He said "I have a empire reloader i never chop"

/me thumps falcon upside the head... Meaning, A. He has an empire reloader. B. He never chops.

Pretty simple :p ;):cool:

shartley
05-02-2003, 07:28 PM
If one of my kids went online and complained about being poor because they can't afford a Mag, I would have some strong words with them...............

And NO, my kids CAN’T afford a Mag… but they are far from being poor.

These posts just put a burr in my saddle… sorry.

Brak
05-02-2003, 07:28 PM
check the classifieds (entering contests isnt a very good source of income), and keep your eye out for a good deal.

Fastkid
05-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Shartley, he said he was poor, not his parents were poor...

That means he doesn't get enough disposable income to do it, but doesn't refer to if his parents do. Maybe his parents would only let him get one if he earns it.

I'm one of those people who didn't earn their marker... I got it for my birthday from my parents... but my parents would have bought any marker I wanted. But rather than asking for an emag which I'd love to own, and they would get me if I asked for it, or even an RT mag or a minimag, I asked for a 68 Automag, and I cheerish it like its the best thing in the world, and I believe its the best marker in the world because its mine. Even if some others "out perform" mine in testings, this is what I want.

Fatjon
05-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Ive bought every High end gun ive owned by working during the summers(i have a joob now). I think it is good for parents not to just go out and buy a kid an impulse or a mag. Teach them something and let them work for it.

Grasshopper
05-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Fatjon
Ive bought every High end gun ive owned by working during the summers(i have a joob now). I think it is good for parents not to just go out and buy a kid an impulse or a mag. Teach them something and let them work for it.
That's what I had to do. A fun filled summer of pulling weeds and gardening for the CCC, but for my Mag, it was worth it. Oh, and about how much are level 10 bolts? They seem awsome, and looks like I'll be pullin' some more weeds to get one.

Fatjon
05-02-2003, 08:22 PM
I think now they are going for around 70

LittlePaintballBoy
05-02-2003, 09:20 PM
weve got a mini for sale only 215

Ov3rmind
05-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Yeah, last Summer I saved up for a new Black Magic Cocker with a few upgrades. I wasn't old enough for a real job yet (15), so all I did was find ways to earn money. All I did last Sumemr was chores and tasks, but man o man was it worth it.

Now that I'm 16 I can get a real job though. My aim is for a Viking or an Angel Speed by the end of the Summer.

shartley
05-03-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Fastkid
Shartley, he said he was poor, not his parents were poor...

That means he doesn't get enough disposable income to do it, but doesn't refer to if his parents do. Maybe his parents would only let him get one if he earns it.
I also never said HE said his parents were poor.

My son who is 14 (next month) does not have a job yet, and thus has NO expandable income. But HE is not “poor”. He however told me that he wants to work at the Pizza Shop this coming year to help support his playing paintball. I agree with this.

But for a 12-13 year old to claim to be “poor” because he can’t afford the paintball marker of his choice is just wrong. This shows a serious priority issue, as well as confusion that being rich or poor means that you can “afford” certain “toys”.

Again, if one of my children posted that, I would have strong words with them… but thankfully I have raised my kids to know the difference between being poor and not having everything you want. Becaus, after all, most people in this world that can’t afford EVERYTHING they want. Heck, I would love to equip my entire family (who all but my oldest daughter and youngest daughter play paintball) with Mags. But I can’t afford that either.

I raise my hat to those who work for everything they have, regardless of age. But asking for people to point out good deals on Mags (or anything else) because you have a limited budget (again for ANY AGE) is much different than complaining that you are “poor” (more so at 12-13). And THAT is what stuck in my craw.

LittlePaintballBoy
05-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Shartleys right. im only 11 but if i ever said i was poor on the internet id be gettin a talking to. ive worked for both guns ive owned and the both were low end but i could play paintball with them so i was happy.so Stop whining and go EARN your guns like everybody else.

Fastkid
05-03-2003, 11:37 AM
My parents bought me my mag, for my 16th birthday... but I'm gonna get a summer job anyways to pay for upgrades and paint...

LittlePaintballBoy
05-03-2003, 11:59 AM
See, thats ok as long as its a b-day presenet. I hate the people that its thier 1st tim playing and they have a timmy or an angel or some high end gun. The first time i played was with my friends jt 5.0 and i was hooked. then i bouhgt a brass eagle avenger from Big 5.

penguinpunk555
05-03-2003, 12:19 PM
k guys dont start flaming each other and even if i do work for my parents they dont pay me and i live in the middle of nowhere ive worked for both my guns im stil workin for my neighbors then i have to do some other stuff but since we moved i cant work anymore we have no work to do and my parents r for sure not poor my dad is a doctor

Happily Ever After
05-03-2003, 12:28 PM
Kudos, and keep saving - it'll shoot sweeter when you've had to work to get it!;)