PDA

View Full Version : How do you get into machining???

wobbles82
05-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Hey guys, I have a question that is killing me, ya see im 14 years old, and I really wanna start getting deeper into the paintball world. I was wondering how you get into milling and machining? Can you be an apprentice, has anybody done something like that or do you take classes or what? I just wanna learn to machine and build parts, thats all, its me Irish dream :cool: .

Big'n slo
05-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Start taking design classes in high school. Learning autocad or any CAD program will give you a jump on machining. When I was in high school I went to vocational school for Cad/Cam, then earned an associates in the same field from college. It's now more of a hobby for me but I'm still in the design field and get to play around with machining programs while at work.

Big'n slo
05-01-2003, 10:22 PM
Just saw this sitting on my desk. Freshman year manual class. Air powered single cylinder engine

Big'n slo
05-01-2003, 10:22 PM
She ran on 3.5 psi!! Second lowest in class

Edit: You can still see the "A" !!!!
<small> Big rode the small bus to school </small>:p

boggerman
05-02-2003, 11:48 AM
That would be my suggestion also. At your age you are in a perfect spot to start learning through your school. In my area, the Vo-Tec is run by the college, but high school students can take classes there as well. Check and see what is available in your area.

BTAutoMag
05-02-2003, 11:51 AM
ha ha ha. i just pratice on scrape aluminum. if it turns out good i stick it on the beast:D thats why its call the beast:D