PDA

View Full Version : RT questions

Nick1Shot
05-02-2003, 02:18 PM
Does Shaving your sear on an RT Pro do anything for your gun? How about TO your gun? Will it have any effect at all?

Nick
1Shot

BTAutoMag
05-02-2003, 02:20 PM
yea it voids your warrenty

Brak
05-02-2003, 02:42 PM
shaving the sear would make your warranty invalid and it would also probably decrease the reactivity (probably not, im guessing) and maybe give you misfires

in other words its bad

cdawg
05-02-2003, 02:47 PM
If you want a shorter, lighter trigger pull experiment with on/off pins (don't make your own; buy them from tunaman). I'd say the lowest you should go is .740.

AGD is about to come out with the new trigger mechanism. Just wait.

Nick1Shot
05-02-2003, 03:14 PM
These are the responses I expected. A buddy of mine just bought an RT Pro from a local store here in town. We've known for a while that the store owner isn't knowledgeable about guns at all, NEVERTHELESS mags. My dad went into the store this week and inquired about the stores mags, the owner said, "yeah, this week I'm going to shave a couple of sears on RT's I sold."

I just knew it would be my buddies RT. I tried to contact him, but it was too late. The store owner allready did it. [Hangs head in sorrow].

My dad bought a used RT Pro from a guy who shopped at this same store. The store owner said the RT was using too much gas or pressure or something. So he SOLD the guy a Reg and told him to turn the pressure down to 450. Then the guy is complaining that the gun doesn't work well, so he traded it to my dad for an old STO. We made out good, but that guy at the store sure is screwing the name of AGD.

What a pitiful waste of Automag.
Thanks for the info!

Nick
1Shot

Load SM5
05-21-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by cdawg
If you want a shorter, lighter trigger pull experiment with on/off pins (don't make your own; buy them from tunaman). I'd say the lowest you should go is .740.

AGD is about to come out with the new trigger mechanism. Just wait.

No, don't do that. That's not what they're for and this that are the reason Tuna does'nt sell on/off pins anymore. Use the pin that is recommended by the factory for your mag and none other.

Shaving a sear is bad and can lead to premature wear and problems down the road. Hang loose and wait for the new trigger form AGD like Cdawg said.

Lopy-slopy
05-25-2003, 02:41 PM
some people should not be alowed to touch pbguns. That guy should know not to do something to a gun that the owner(your friend) didn't want. If you make some noise you might get him to pay for a new sear. what's the name of the store. let everyone hear know where not to buy. If he shaves the sears on his mags. What other ungodly things might he have done to his otherguns.

Dayspring
05-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Mags, especially ones that run with the ReTro valve should not add another regulator. The tank reg (on the Nitro tank) is one. The gun is the other. Adding anything more will give you problems.

And the 450psi thing on the mag? Duh... It needs a minimum of 600 to work correctly.